DISApalooza 2013 - Official Information Thread

For those who haven't been to one of these events, you might want to review the threads for prior events.

2011 (at Universal) http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2658589&highlight=disapalooza where Dreams Unlimited reserved the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the evening.

2009 was at Toy Story Mania: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2345558&highlight=disapalooza

These should give you a better idea of how the events are organized and conducted but every DIS event has evolved based on what happened (or didn't happen) at a prior event.

This is very exciting. As a new Floridian, and still slowly coming out of lurkdom, this is something I'm going to read into. I hope it's something I'll be able to do. :)

Sounds like it's coming together nicely. Loved the first meet there!!! And it's a great way to use the last day of my AP!!!

So glad I saw this, I will be in WDW 12/7-12/12, I loved the event in 2011 we had such a great time at the Harry Potter event.
I may have change my arrival date to 12/6.. I will have to see how much vacation time i have left!

Now I'm REALLY hoping for FD! I'm booked for a September trip but have a contingency plan to arrive 12/4 if FD ends up being offered. Fingers crossed! :thumbsup2

We will be there that weekend too! I would be so excited to meet up with other Disers!! Can't wait to hear about the details.

We went to the last Toy Story Mania party, It was awesome! :cool1:

I will be in Disney that week-end, what do you do at a DISApalooza?

Hi there and :welcome: to The DIS! :)

DISapalooza is a special event that The DIS sponsors every few years. You can find more information about this party in the first post of this thread and, as more details are confirmed, that will be updated.

I hope to see you there!

I remember the last time we did this. 12 times around TSM. Arm sore.

Can't wait til December

Booked the Dolphin for this weekend just to have a room nailed down until the DIS negotiates a group rate.

I have a DVC villa reserved at the Grand Floridian for DAP! Can't wait!

Wow - Congratulations Nikki. That is quite a coveted ticket. :goodvibes

I am rearranging my travel dates by a few days so I can be there that Friday. I was at the last two Toy Mania Events. I can't break my streak. :thumbsup2

:woohoo: I'll be there 12/2-7! Would love to do this event! :thumbsup2
yay!!!! Get to see you and say hi again!!!

I remember the last time we did this. 12 times around TSM. Arm sore.

Can't wait til December
Oh dear God. That last time was horrifying for me. Somehow, I got trapped on TSM!!! Everyone had pretty much gone outside..my co-mod got off the ride but somehow my bar didn't go up..so off I went. I must have gone around that entire ride about 5 times, all by myself!!! No one else that I could see. It was really spooky! And my poor hand/arm was really pooped when I finally got released. I have a feeling that my co-mod had something to do with my being trapped..he worked at DHS at that time, so probably paid a CM to leave me on there, all by myself!!!

yay!!!! Get to see you and say hi again!!!

Oh dear God. That last time was horrifying for me. Somehow, I got trapped on TSM!!! Everyone had pretty much gone outside..my co-mod got off the ride but somehow my bar didn't go up..so off I went. I must have gone around that entire ride about 5 times, all by myself!!! No one else that I could see. It was really spooky! And my poor hand/arm was really pooped when I finally got released. I have a feeling that my co-mod had something to do with my being trapped..he worked at DHS at that time, so probably paid a CM to leave me on there, all by myself!!!

What a wonderful problem to have!!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter