Dis Viking River Cruise 10/19 - 10/26/2015

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Hi Folks,

The Dis is going on a Viking Cruise October 19 - 26/2015.

We are doing the "Paris and the Heart of Normandy" itinerary and pricing begins at $2358 per person. This includes the following:

8-day cruise with river-view stateroom

6 guided tours with audio headset

All meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 7 dinners, featuring regional specialties and including Welcome Cocktail Reception & Dinner and Captain’s Farewell Dinner

Complimentary wine, beer and soft drinks with onboard dinner and lunch service

Visit 1 UNESCO World Heritage Site

Culture Curriculum: Taste French cheeses, learn how to create your own tarte au citron; attend lectures on Jeanne d’Arc & French Impressionists; learn to say a few words en Français; visit a local market

All port charges

Free Wi-Fi, connection speed may vary

If interested, please contact me at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

List of participants:

Lauren - stenoboxx
Jeri - Lauren's hubby
Laurie - Sarabi's Cubs
Brian - Laurie's Hubby
Lesley
Grant
John - tardis
Micki - NYC MM
Michael - Cynthia's Hubby
Cynthia - belle41379
Dave - macman752
Sally- Dave's wife
Anna - aspen37
Kim
Jeff - OKWLover
Val - OKWLover2
Christy - MinnieGarden
Keith
Cathy
Scott
Diane
Scott
Pam
Ann - The Running Ann
Larry
Jen - NejTheLion
Debbi - TheFairyGodmother
Barry - BarTheBear
Kathy - WebmasterKathy
Pete - WebmasterPete
Dustin - Dustin
John - WebmasterJohn
Kevin- DisneyKevin

Please note that space is becoming limited.

Come sail with us!

Last edited:
Michael and I can't wait!! I hope to get some of the recommended books this week to read when I have the chance.

((Kevin, you have gotten me hooked on Downton Abbey...my time has been limited lately! lol. I'll be watching and randomly start laughing. When Michael asks me what's so funny, I just say "Kevin was right. She does have the best lines!"))

-Cynthia

Whoo-hoo!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: We're going to Paris! I am so excited about the itinerary - Normandy beaches, walking in the footsteps of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Richard the Lionheart, French countryside in autumn, Monet's gardens etc. etc. etc.. I didn't even have to twist Brian's arm this time. But I'm even more thrilled to see so many familiar names on this list! Can't wait to reconnect with old friends and make new ones!

Laurie

Michael and I can't wait!! I hope to get some of the recommended books this week to read when I have the chance.

((Kevin, you have gotten me hooked on Downton Abbey...my time has been limited lately! lol. I'll be watching and randomly start laughing. When Michael asks me what's so funny, I just say "Kevin was right. She does have the best lines!"))

-Cynthia

Cynthia - did you see that Viking offers a post-trip for this itinerary that includes Highclere Castle where they film Downton Abbey? Hmmm.

Laurie

-Cynthia

i am so glad you're enjoying it.

Maggie Smith can do no wrong. She's perfect.

Sounds like a fantastic group! Can hardly wait. :sail:

The ship looks beautiful! Wish we could add on a day or two before the cruise, but we will be at WDW...so I guess it's better than not being anywhere.

Oh no! I want to do DLP AND Downtown Abbey! :confused3

London and Highclere Castle would be very doable if you booked it ahead of time.

If you look at British Airways flights, you'll find some very inexpensive ones from CDG to Heathrow. I just checked and found one way fares to be 50 pounds ($80 at current exchange rates). Train fares for the same day were 87 dollars for the cheap seats and you avoid Heathrow.

ALL OF YOU...go to Downton Abbey. Make them save the dog.

Bonjour! I'm so looking forward to the river cruise. I'm already day dreaming about all of the amazing restaurants in Paris that we can visit!:goodvibes

Things I know I will be asked and for which I already have answers...

Electricity on board is North American plugs like we have here in the states. This will not be the case anywhere off the ship. You will need an adapter and possibly a converter.

Laundry is available on board for a fee. There is no dry cleaning. You can bring a steamer, but not an iron. Irons and ironing boards are not available.

Each stateroom is equipped with a hair dryer (except for a very few exceptions). If you room does not have a hair dryer already, the front desk will have one for you. (Note****I have no idea what kind of hair dryer it is. I don't know how hot it gets. I don't know the wind velocity of said hair dryer. I do not know how many speeds or settings it has. I don't know if it has any attachments. I just know it's a hair dryer. And yes...I understand that it's probably not going to be a suitable hair dryer and that you will need to bring your own. Is it obvious that I have been asked these questions before? ;) ***)

Mark this post #15 for future reference.

Please consider this post my quiet plea that, when considering if you want to do another one of these Viking cruises, that you think about if doing one of these in the summer might work. #teacherproblems.

Until then, I'll be here, putting the pennies in my piggy bank and keeping my fingers crossed. :wizard:

Please consider this post my quiet plea that, when considering if you want to do another one of these Viking cruises, that you think about if doing one of these in the summer might work. #teacherproblems.

Until then, I'll be here, putting the pennies in my piggy bank and keeping my fingers crossed. :wizard:

Price and availability are huge factors in the decision of when to travel.

Comfort (temperature) and crowds also play a part.

This is the very first season that the newer Viking Longships are offering this itinerary.

It's proving to be extremely popular.

Price and availability are huge factors in the decision of when to travel.

Comfort (temperature) and crowds also play a part.

This is the very first season that the newer Viking Longships are offering this itinerary.

It's proving to be extremely popular.

Oh, I'm sure that there are lots of different factors at play - ones I'm sure I can't even imagine.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed and who knows, maybe things will work out one way or another. I look forward to hearing more about these trips!

So my parents were so excited by my description of this trip that they just booked a very similar itinerary in September with another company they travel with. I told them to scout shopping for me!

Laurie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter