DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Dan, thanks for sharing what had to be very difficult to pass along.

Judi, I remember you posting different Kincaide prints, and talking about your boys, and what they were up to. I remember you posted a really great trip report about going to Universal. This actually prompted us to give it a try, and we too enjoyed it.

I'm so very sorry about John. He was a very special guy, dedicated to serving others.

I'm not really an old timer but I do read this thread.

Dan, thank you so much for the update about Judi. I absoutely adore her and now sitting here with tears going down my face thinking of her heartbreak and her loss of John. She has alot of loss in her life already but shows such class when posting.

When you talk to Judi again, please let her know that if I can be of any help whether just a lunch out or anything else to let me know.

To show how small the world is her husband was a trainer to my sister in law and her husband in the past 3 years. How's that for a small world and internet?

Dan, also you might think about making this update it's own thread so others can know about this.

Like pps I am stunned. Stunned. I opened this thread wondering if someone came back to catch up. :(

I am so sorry about Judi's husband. I remember some of the stories Judi told about him and her family. She has a way of describing people and events that makes you feel like you were right there. I too could tell she was and is full of love and pride for John and her family.

I think under the circumstances Judi should be reinstated here on the DIS. I hope it will be considered. Many of us would love to be there for her. I think it would help her to reconnect.

I hope Judi and the boys are okay. I'm sorry for what they are going through. I remember pictures of the boys when they were small. Handsome guys. It's hard to believe they are teenagers now.

Judi, if by chance you do see this thread, I'm thinking of you. I'm keeping you and the boys in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry. :hug:

ETA- I've been here since '99 (computer glitch for those that remember).

Dan's update on Snoopy is one of the saddest things I've ever read on the Dis boards. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I remember lots of stories about John and a great photo of the family intensely shooting aliens in the Men in Black ride at Universal.

I totally agree. I don't really get "attached" to internet goings on, but Dan's post made me very, very sad. I remember Judi very fondly as we are around the same age and I always felt a kinship towards her. I definitely remember the picture of which Tar heel speaks and can still see it very clearly in my mind. I also remember her "whatcha wearing" posts and they would always make me smile. I remember one time her explaining how she felt about the DIS and likened it to sitting on the front porch chatting with old friends like our parents used to do. She was and is the voice of reason. And Dan is totally right in how much her love and pride for her husband (and boys) shown through whenever she "spoke" of them. I can't imagine the pain she must be feeling now. Judi, if you read this....know that the pain will lessen and you do have your boys as a constant in your life that will represent all the love you and your dear husband shared. My heart goes out to you. God bless and please know you are not alone.:grouphug:

Dan thanks for the update..such sad sad news. Please pass my condolences on to her. We did meet in person a few times; she came to Philly after we did the AIDS walk, and she was at Barb's house for a gathering..then we also chatted a bit on the last Dis Con.

I'm really a bit stunned by this news he was such a young man still.

Thank you Dan, for posting this. I, too, think this deserves its own thread as so many people here love and miss Judi and should see this.
I know we have already talked about this but it saddens me just the same as the first time I heard it. I've met Judi in RL and instantly felt like I'd known her all my life. I spent a weekend with her and some other woman of the DIS in PG, TN. We had a blast and it will always be one of my most treasured memories.

My heart goes out to her and the boys, my prayers go up. I miss Judi and am wanting to reconnect with her. I owe her an email at the moment, actually. Been thinking of her all week. Seeing this, remembering the fun times we had here and all her stories and fun, well, it just hurts my heart that the CB has not been able to reach out to her in such a sad time. John was the love of her life, childhood sweethearts, and I never, ever knew her to speak of him with anything but respect through good and bad times. She was and is proud of him and the man and husband and father he was. As I have come to learn, those are few and far in between--Judi and john were blessed to have such a wonderful love and life together. May God bless her and her precious boys.

Judi, if you do read this--I love you!

I remember the "Whatcha wearing" threads too. And the dibby dab lady, I can't think of her nickname but she liked a dibby dab of dressing and wore a big bow in her hair. Very eccentric.

I am so saddened by this news. Thanks Dan for sharing it with us.

Judi was my "soul" sister, one of the KEWLEST people I'd ever met. I'll never forget meeting her and her sweet boys at the Swan and Dolphin EONS ago when we all were CB moderators. She spoke to John when I was with her and remember thinking how in love they are.

I honestly thought you were reporting about HER. I can't believe it was John. How painful for her and the boys.

Please let her know I'm praying for her. She was a rock for me when I was down (too MANY times) and I want to do the same for her.

:sad1:

Oh, no....I heard about this from Suzanne (Poohnatic) on FB and had to come post. Judi, i know there are no words of comfort that any of us can say that you haven't already heard a million times, and anything I could say would seem trite in light of this devastating loss. But I am praying for comfort and peace for you and your sons and entire family, and hope that each day gets a little easier, and that you can someday see your soulmate again and never have to spend another day apart.

I'm so sorry... :hug:

Dearest Judi,

I am so very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved John. I will be holding you and your lovely sons in my prayers and in my heart. May you find strength and peace as you look at your boys and see the beauty you created together... two wonderful young men who reflect the character, care and love of two wonderful parents.

Your friends love you, Judi. You always brightened my day.

Love, Kim

Oh my goodness, I'm so sad to hear this news. Judi most definitely is a dear, sweet lady, one of my very fondest memories of my time on the CB back in the day (how's that, I'll just make us alllll sound old!)

Judi, if you see this, I hope the heartfelt warm wishes for you and your boys from so many folks will bring you a bit of comfort. Y'all will be in my daily prayers, and if ever there is anything I can do for you, I ain't too hard to find. Ten hundred million hugs to you.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sad to hear this news. Judi most definitely is a dear, sweet lady, one of my very fondest memories of my time on the CB back in the day (how's that, I'll just make us alllll sound old!)

Judi, if you see this, I hope the heartfelt warm wishes for you and your boys from so many folks will bring you a bit of comfort. Y'all will be in my daily prayers, and if ever there is anything I can do for you, I ain't too hard to find. Ten hundred million hugs to you.

Hi Laura!!! Long time no see!! Did you ever get to WDW? I always think of that... miss seeing you around. Great to see you here even if it is under very sad circumstances.

Dearest Judi,

I am so very, very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved John. I will be holding you and your lovely sons in my prayers and in my heart. May you find strength and peace as you look at your boys and see the beauty you created together... two wonderful young men who reflect the character, care and love of two wonderful parents.

Your friends love you, Judi. You always brightened my day.

Love, Kim

Hi my friend, Kim.:flower3: I hope ya'll are doing well.

Oh no! I remember Judi from the way-back machine of the late 90's. She is a wonderful person and I miss her presence here on the DIS :(. {{hugs}} and good thoughts going out to you and your sons. My own DH is 51 and I don't know what I would do without him.

Judi - i love you and miss you. Please drop me an email. I am SO sorry for your loss! I know you and John were soul mates so I can only imagine how horrid this must be. I love you girl. I dropped you an email - hope to hear from you.

ETA - Thanks Dan - hope you are well. And thank you for getting me back in touch with a very good friend.

Oh, Judi, I am so deeply saddened to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your boys.

Thanks Dan, for sharing this with us. Snoopy..I have no words, other than I am sorry.

Checking back in to add my deepest sympathies to Snoopy and family. I am so sorry for your sudden loss:guilty: I know you have a large family circle and I hope you are surrounded with love, comfort, and support. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter