DIS Meet Dec 8 07

Yikes, she should have just given up candy, not the DIS. ;) That's like giving up oxygen.

:rotfl:

:surfweb: It has become a "habit" whenever I get on the computer to check the DISboards. I don't always post, but lurk at times too. :worship: Also, I've been involved in three Disney online contests this past month. So, being online may pay off. We'll see ... :rolleyes1

:goodvibes Jennifer

:idea: I know some of you mentioned going to WDW in September. The MNSSHP dates have been announced.

From wdwinfo.com:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Tickets go on sale May 1, 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

:thumbsup2 We went last year and had a blast. I highly recommend this party! :banana:

How's the puppy?

He's...... interesting. He keeps biting at our hands and Tina's pants legs. We're taking him to obedience school in 2 weeks.

:rotfl:

:surfweb: It has become a "habit" whenever I get on the computer to check the DISboards. I don't always post, but lurk at times too. :worship: Also, I've been involved in three Disney online contests this past month. So, being online may pay off. We'll see ... :rolleyes1

I'm ALWAYS lurking around places. I think if anyone deserves to win those on-line contests, it should be you. If you don't it certainly won't be from a lack of trying. :thumbsup2

Also, the MVMCP dates are out ...

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
November: 10, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 29, 2009
December: 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18, 2009

:thumbsup2 We plan on going to this while at WDW in December. This will be our third year in a row. It always gets the holidays off to a great start. :santa:

:idea: I know some of you mentioned going to WDW in September. The MNSSHP dates have been announced.

From wdwinfo.com:

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

:thumbsup2 We went last year and had a blast. I highly recommend this party! :banana:

Wow I can't believe they are starting that early in September. We'll be flying in that evening, so maybe we can at least see the fireworks. Does anyone know if you can see them from AKV????

Hello Everyone!!!! I'm back!!! I have to say that giving up the Disboards for Lent has been one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life. I'm glad to see everyone is doing well.
Beth-I'm so sorry about your closet, but I'm glad everything turned out okay and everyone was safe. I can't wait to see the pictures of the babies!!!
Jennifer-I'm glad you are able to go on 2 trips so far this year. You might not be able to do all you wanted to do on the DL trip, but there is another excuse to go back out there!!!

Hi everyone! Long time no see...

I had to laugh at Tina's post, gave it up for Lent. I am sitting here enjoying CHOCOLATE, which I gave up for Lent. (Did you know Sundays don't count for Lenten observances?? I just found that out this year!) Disboards, gave them up for longer b/c dh wanted a different vacation option...silly boy. ;-)

I found you all again b/c dh and I were discussing what to do for our next vacation. I want to go to WDW for free dining in Sept. But what we discovered, during an open-minded discussion (which is hard when I get a bee in my bonnet), what makes a vacation for us, is getting together with people. Our last big trip was to NC and TN in August, where we stayed with two sets of friends along the way, and that's what we remember most fondly. Also some of our best times at WDW was when my sister and her family were with us.

So, anybody planning on being at the World during free dining this year?? (Hadn't even considered MNSSHP, that's another thing...hey, we've got the pirate regalia down pat!) Just asking...:rolleyes1

I had to laugh at Tina's post, gave it up for Lent. I am sitting here enjoying CHOCOLATE, which I gave up for Lent. (Did you know Sundays don't count for Lenten observances?? I just found that out this year!) Disboards, gave them up for longer b/c dh wanted a different vacation option...silly boy. ;-)

I found you all again b/c dh and I were discussing what to do for our next vacation. I want to go to WDW for free dining in Sept. But what we discovered, during an open-minded discussion (which is hard when I get a bee in my bonnet), what makes a vacation for us, is getting together with people. Our last big trip was to NC and TN in August, where we stayed with two sets of friends along the way, and that's what we remember most fondly. Also some of our best times at WDW was when my sister and her family were with us.

So, anybody planning on being at the World during free dining this year?? (Hadn't even considered MNSSHP, that's another thing...hey, we've got the pirate regalia down pat!) Just asking...:rolleyes1

We might sneak down for a couple of days during MNSSHP :woohoo: Let us know what days you all are there.

Hey Robbie, did you and Tina just score a free week in Orlando? Someone was posting on the Canadian board that he had a time share week to give away, and I read the follow up posts, he said he gave it to RBennett and his lovely wife...I thought, I know that username...

Aren't we Canadians lovely? ;) And, if I got it right, isn't Tina glad you didn't give up the boards for Lent? :cool1:

Glad to see your name on the boards again. How is the family? Our next trip to WDW will be in June for Bill's BIG Birthday. Then, we'll be back for Thanksgiving and the first week of December. :sad2: No Free Dining for us this year. Also, we will miss MNSSHP. We had a blast at it last year in September. Maybe, next year ... :rolleyes1

Hi Jennifer, good to see you! :wave2: We're good, glad to see spring FINALLY. How are Bill and the kids? We still haven't booked anything but I'm spending too much time on various disboards already. :rolleyes1 I am hopeful if we go we may be able to time our trip to coincide with a friend and her family from Ohio. That'd be pretty neat. I'm in total travel withdrawal...I think I'd even be up for a weekend at the MIL's at this point! :scared:

...I think I'd even be up for a weekend at the MIL's at this point! :scared:

That's what I'm doing next weekend, and I'm not looking forward to it quite as much as I am to what I'll be doing the weekend after! But sometimes you just HAVE to visit them, right? They don't even live somewhere interesting to visit, so I guess I'll just take my needlework and pretend I'm having a good time!

Beth

Hey Robbie, did you and Tina just score a free week in Orlando? Someone was posting on the Canadian board that he had a time share week to give away, and I read the follow up posts, he said he gave it to RBennett and his lovely wife...I thought, I know that username...

Aren't we Canadians lovely? ;) And, if I got it right, isn't Tina glad you didn't give up the boards for Lent? :cool1:

We did score that free week!!! We are sooooo excited!!!! It's still kinda surreal that we are going. I am loving Canada right now!!! :banana::woohoo:

Woohoo! I feel dusted with good karma just by proximity. Dh asks if you want us to send you the words to "O Canada". ;-)

I promise to pay special homage to Canada is WS!!! :lmao: DH and I are actually going on an Alaskan cruise at the end of the month with his family and we are stopping in Canada. I'm pretty excited. We've never been there before.

We used to live in Victoria, are you going there, or Vancouver? Both are lovely.

Oh, hey, my sister from Victoria is taking her family on an Alaska cruise this month...I was going to say "they're not going until May..." but hey, look, it's May. Can't remember which line they're taking.

We're going to Victoria. What all is there to do there?? Anything we NEED to definately check out??

...I think I'd even be up for a weekend at the MIL's at this point! :scared:

:rotfl: Very funny!

We had a pretty mild winter here. I think we skipped Spring and went straight into Summer.

:thumbsup2 The family is doing great!

Bill is having fun on his new toy (Honda motorcycle). He already has his eye on a new BMW or Triumph motorcyle. He is planning a long roadtrip with some buddies at work. He will definitely need a new bike before that happens. I am open to him getting a new bike, as long as the kids and I get to fly to Florida if they plan a roadtrip to WDW. Another place he mentioned was CA. So, they could take the bikes on the CPH. Again, I am fine as long as the kids and I get to fly to CA and meet him at DLR. ;)

Emily has her last soccer game tomorrow. However, with all the rain here lately, I expect the fields to be closed. Also, I received an email from the League about parents taking their own discretion on whether they want their children to play because of the local cases of the Swine Flu. How is that in Nova Scotia. Any cases up there?

Cole is growing like a weed. He was just getting out of his "baby" stage the last time y'all saw him. He is definitely all boy now. He has one more year at home with me and then my "baby" heads to Kindergarten in the Fall 2010. It will be weird to have them all in school. I volunteer at Emily's school now (PTO, Class Mom, etc...). I will definitely be up there more once all the kids are there all day. :dance3:

Will is on his last year of homeschooling (Grade 3). He is registered at Emily's Charter School for the next school year. He is excited and ready to be back in the classroom. He keeps talking about playing football again. However, he is starting Tae Kwon Do. Personally, I hope he stick with that and forgets about the football for the time being. It is so hot out there in August and September. I am all for him taking a rest this year. Emily cheered last year for the same football league. She is starting ballet again. She's such a girly girl. princess: I think she's done with cheerleading for the time being too.

I am keeping busy with the normal Mommy day to day things. Taxi Driver, Maid, Chef, Accountant, Nurse, etc ... We have two WDW trips coming up (June and November/December). We always seems to have an upcoming Disney trip. So, I still keep pretty active on the DISboards. There's always something new I learn from other DISers. :surfweb:

Tell Liam and Bridget the kids say "Hi!". You have two adorable children. No one could ever forget them. :goodvibes

:wizard: Keep in touch!
Jennifer

Woohoo! I feel dusted with good karma just by proximity. Dh asks if you want us to send you the words to "O Canada". ;-)

The past couple of times we've gone to a Dallas Stars (hockey) game, they are playing a Canadian team. After "O' Canada, Our home and native land", then I'm lost on the rest of the lyrics.

:goodvibes
The past couple of times we've gone to a Dallas Stars (hockey) game, they are playing a Canadian team. After "O' Canada, Our home and native land", then I'm lost on the rest of the lyrics.

Jennifer
:goodvibes

That's more than many!

By popular request...
http://www.pch.gc.ca/pgm/ceem-cced/symbl/anthem-eng.cfm#a0

Tina, I pm'ed you about Victoria.

LOL, I can see the MIL's house is a big draw:scared1:

End of soccer?? We just had registration last week. The field's still not dry...

Can't imagine Cole big enough for school. :-) I like the idea of the family flying while Bill bikes. Sounds like my approach to camping...see you for the weinie roast, I'm sleeping in a real bed...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter