DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

Well I managed to get the breakfast room cleared (all whoville packed away) and cleaned.
I've set the goal of cleaning one room a day this week,,tonight I cleared out two armoire dresser drawers and put everything into a donate box,,now all I have to do is keep my son away from it because he'll find something in there that *we* have to keep.
Yep you are so right Pigletto it does free up the spirit when there is less clutter.

Hugs
Mel

Oh I wish I was going on a trip. But priorities I guess. I need to save a chunk of money first. We have a cruise planned for December 2020 for kiddo's birthday. It is only 11 1/2 months away now lol.

My main floor looks great now, except all the garbage bags to take out tonight. Hopefully I dont slide down the driveway in the freezing rain. But it all needs to go. I may do some more work on my own now, the basement and the spare room are kind of catchalls for stuff we don't use any more. I do still have a week off so some time to sort it out. Just need to figure out where to take it all to donate.

hi all, happy to join along again!

i don’t know what my specific goals are for this year, really. i was training to run a race on our disney trip but i’ve been dealing with some health problems so i’m behind. i was making good progress but i’m still pretty far from ready, so i’m on the fence about whether i’ll try it or not.

my health stuff plus a busy stretch at work has also meant i’ve been a bit less good at cooking nutritious meals for my family. i am going to try to get back in the habit of cooking a big meal once a week so that we have leftovers for lunches.

i like that so many of you are thinking about cleaning and organizing too! i don’t have a ton to do because we did a huge cull before moving last year. but my closet could definitely use a bit more work. plus this summer i really want to do more to our garden, especially the front of our house. it’s really boring looking and covered in wood chips. i’m not sure what it needs other than colour, but when spring comes i’m going to figure it out!

hi all, happy to join along again!

i don’t know what my specific goals are for this year, really. i was training to run a race on our disney trip but i’ve been dealing with some health problems so i’m behind. i was making good progress but i’m still pretty far from ready, so i’m on the fence about whether i’ll try it or not.

my health stuff plus a busy stretch at work has also meant i’ve been a bit less good at cooking nutritious meals for my family. i am going to try to get back in the habit of cooking a big meal once a week so that we have leftovers for lunches.

i like that so many of you are thinking about cleaning and organizing too! i don’t have a ton to do because we did a huge cull before moving last year. but my closet could definitely use a bit more work. plus this summer i really want to do more to our garden, especially the front of our house. it’s really boring looking and covered in wood chips. i’m not sure what it needs other than colour, but when spring comes i’m going to figure it out!

Looking at my bedroom closet right now,,,looking,,,,and looking and looking,,need motivation,,,
1/2 of the closet I have not worn in a year or two.
Spring garden planning sound like a great idea.

Hugs
Mel

Are you leaving this coming Saturday @Donald - my hero . That snuck up on us quickly. Warmth and sunshine and Disney too, I'm so jealous.
We're staying at the Sheraton Gateway and flying out bright & early on the next day

I'm pretty sure no one here will be blabbing the dates but hubby would pitch a fit if he knew I'd shared :rotfl2:

Last edited:

Well...I'm joining along. I have been re-organizing spaces in the house for the last couple of months. It was just time to organize and purge. I have more plans of organizing more spaces...and redecorating some other spaces as well. I love how it feels to do this. We are on he cusp of being empty nesters...with the youngest starting gr 12 in 2020 and a grandbaby being born in the next couple of months....our life is changing very quickly...and I need to get our home a little more organized and feeling like it's mine...instead of having to share with the kids lol...if that makes sense

I have bought a membership at planet fitness. I know that I am soooo ready to get back to the gym....and hope that the youngest will join me some days...as NOT having any P.E class anymore and him getting rides to school with very little walking are NOT good for him. It is refocus for our whole family on what can we personally do to be more healthy. The choices we eat, how much we exercise etc etc etc. But I don't want to go overboard and do jump on some of these band wagons that seem to be the rage right now. There are things I am NOT going to give up....and yes...I'm talking my steeped tea double double in the mornings....But just making better choices and watching portion sizes. Life is about living and enjoying things....not eliminating things we enjoy...but that is just my thinking. Can I have an extra serving of veggies with my meal instead of another helping of the carbs I love....Yes I can. We will see how the year goes.

Well kiddo helped me get all the garbage bags out. I assume they will take them all. We even cleaned the fridge, which means there is not much left in it lol. I guess I had way more leftovers going to waste than I realized, I'll need to plan better. Planning meals will be the name of the game for 2020! And planning the leftovers. I hope the roads are cleared up a bit tomorrow so I can get to the store, we will need a few things before Thursday and since everything will be closed Wednesday, tomorrow it has to be.

I'm happy to see so many others on the get fit and clutter free trains :) Keeping the place cleaned up and working through the rest of the house are my goals for 2020, along with as many airmiles as I can earn, while staying on budget, sticking to a meal plan and getting my butt moving again! Not too lofty ;)

I have been cruising Pinterest and found this,,
Interesting way to set a $1000.00 saving Goal.
52 weeks.
z9zqsnn.jpg

Hugs
Mel

@bababear_50 I do something simular. I have budgeted into our budget to take out 100.00 every two weeks. That is my " allowance " to buy my morning muffins and coffee, lunches out and anything else that would NOT be considered something that is a regular expense for every day living. What ever is left over after 2 weeks...goes into my fun / vacation fund. I started this last July....as of today I have 775.00 that I have not spent on extras and are going towards our vacation fund. It sure makes me double think about running somewhere quick and picking up a lunch somewhere, or getting my nails done etc etc. It was just a little game I played with myself to see how much I could save for that. I'm going to keep doing it in the new year to see how much I can keep saving.

It's just my version on it!

We can't do any of those savings plans -- we live in the feast or famine world, such is the life of a self-employed family with a Manulife One account. We don't save our "leftover" change, we actually spend it and don't get any cash out until every penny (or i guess nickle now :P ) is gone. We try not to withdraw anything if we can, hubby will do his expense account when funds get low and then cash that cheque!

The only kind of forced savings we do, that's connected to heading south, is watching the exchange rate and when it goes over whatever arbitrary rate hubby sets, we'll transfer some money into the US account.

I think I'd like to join the unclutter-train once we get back from Disney but that's a really hard one for me to commit to and then follow thru, I'm a TERRIBLE pack-rat and just looking at the piles of stuff can bring on an anxiety attack 😱

Getting my hopes/dreams on record:
-I'd like to avoid alcohol Sunday to Thursday (I don't have a problem, but definitely do have a drink every day)
-Avoid junk food Sunday to Thursday
-Aggressively save for a Denmark 2021 trip (we want to do a big trip with our daughter before she begins school)
-Fitness: I workout most days but would like to be more aggressive in running training to get back to pre-baby 5k times (or better!). I'm going to be easy on myself and not run anything over 15k this year!

....I think I'd like to join the unclutter-train once we get back from Disney but that's a really hard one for me to commit to and then follow thru, I'm a TERRIBLE pack-rat and just looking at the piles of stuff can bring on an anxiety attack 😱
I found that following the KonMarie plan actually helped me with this. I started, though, with small categories. Instead of clothes...I did socks. Then underwear. Then tops. etc. I think with smaller chunks it is less overwhelming, and I got some positive satisfaction quickly. As I felt positive and accomplished, I did a bit more. I tidied the bathroom counter. Loved how that felt and then did something else. It kind of snowballed......all from very small steps. Don't put yourself down if you don't complete the entire house, just keep patting yourself on the back for what you do get done!

The sons and I got to talking about Christmas and how maybe we should do another Family Christmas Holiday in Lieu of presents next year,,I'm all for it and think the saving chart that I posted will help my put a little something extra aside.
I like your ideas Pumpkin1172 .....I do have money automatically taken from my paycheck every two weeks and put into a *ChristmasTime Fund* but I usually use that money for my DVC Dues. Well done saving $775.00 Hon!

Hugs
Mel

I am joining here as well.
My newvyeargoals are:
1. Exercise at least 30 min a day
2. Sleep at least 7 hours a day
3. Finish unpacking stuff from storage (we moved in last May and still haven’t finished unpacking)
There are more but let’s start with these first!

This morning I cleaned out all my purses and bags and deposited two weeks off my money chart,,
$51.00
$11.00
See what happens when you clean & re organize!!
Edited to add: I just checked the car :car: = $9.00 found ,,thanks my sons for all their coffee cups and one weeks contributions.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter