DIS Fit 2020: New Hopes and Goals

Back to work/school tomorrow. Last night was rough, kiddo didn't fall asleep until 2 am!! And got up at 7 this morning. Think happy thoughts for us today. I need to work on that for him, getting him to bed at a proper time every night until he's in the habit of it I guess. Vacations tend to mess it all up. For me too, left me with a wicked headache this morning. Which has finally gone away! The kitchen is still so nice and clean, I have some actual space to cook actual meals. Not a lot of counter space mind you, this is an "older style" home but it's nice to be able to cook! I've already put together a tuna casserole for tonight, that will hopefully provide leftovers for lunch tomorrow for at least one of us. I have a grocery list for Tuesday (pay day) and will probably go to Dollarama and pick up a couple things to complete the organization of the kitchen and other spaces. I haven't done anything else in the basement or upstairs, but am thinking of scheduling a pick up for February 3rd and putting some stuff together. I have some bags of clothes already, just need labels on them, and some toys in the basement that just need boxes, or perhaps bags. Clear some more space.

Since I am getting groceries Tuesday I will start the "diet" portion on Wednesday. I got a really good keto cookbook in my stocking and it has some really yummy sounding recipes. Of course kiddo probably won't eat the food but I can add some pasta or rice and he'll be happy. I hope. I do need to get moving, my hips have been aching, which is no fun.

I'm with those of you who like to snack in the evening, a drink does help curb that, but chips are my downfall, and kiddo loves them so much. I have to buy the one flavour he'll eat that I hate (ketchup) or I end up eating them all! Otherwise I get him things like goldfish crackers and rice crackers since he will eat those and I don't like them. I wish he'd eat better snacks, but he does eat at least an apple every day so I guess that's something. I love my mini keurig, it's red and looks so nice in the kitchen, and it makes a nice cup of tea or coffee. I just put water through it to make the tea, not the expensive pods. Peppermint is so nice! Refreshing, and good cold or hot.

I still wish I was going on a vacation this year, but I think I'm almost over it. Will be by March I guess :) I'd like to feel more comfortable by the next trip, able to wear my "cruise clothes" or new (smaller) ones :) Yes I have a couple dresses I pretty much just wear on cruises! It may seem silly to keep them for that but they pack up nicely, are pretty and not a specific "style" so they don't go out of style really. Any way!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying 2020!

I got up for my first workout in 2 years this morning. Time to start getting into shape! We are evening snackers, we usually have popcorn, it's low cal and not too unhealthy - we just got one of the cuisinart microwave popcorn bowls - we do add a bit of margarine before popping, but it's still healthier than the microwave stuff, and we can have a good amount without a lot of calories!

I've been doing "better" with my eating as all of the junk from the holidays is officially gone from the house (and in my belly!). My soccer has started back up, so that's a nice bit of exercise twice per week. I'd still like to reign in my portions though.

I'm starting keto tomorrow. Need to pick up some groceries to ensure I can't do poorly over the weekend, and since it's terrible weather I'll be staying in. I should ride my bike while I watch TV since kiddo will probably be on the xbox a lot this weekend.

For right now, I'm having a chocolate Dream Donut from Timmies and wow is that a sugar rush! So tasty though. :)

I started intermittent fasting mid December, stopped over the holidays and now back at it. Not too difficult for me since I rarely eat breakfast during the work week. The best thing about this fasting is I do not eat anything after dinner. Meaning no chips or other unhealthy snacks. I might eat some fruit but that’s it. No more mindless cracking open a bag of chips at 10 pm anymore!

I have been doing pretty good - lost 2 pounds so far by cutting out some of the junk. Was sick yesterday and hurt my leg weirdly by sleeping but still made it to the gym today, although I just did 20 minutes on the treadmill and tried to stretch my legs out. I have been able to get to the gym every second day except yesterday when I was sick.
In the evening I use my soda stream and drink carbonated water to make myself feel more full, and if I get hungry I tell myself I just need to go to bed lol

I'm chugging along here. Next week was in my plan to get started. We just got home Sunday night from visiting the dd in Calgary. I worked the second job Monday night and last night and working my first full week since before Christmas break :crazy2: My plan was to start full force next week. Hoping to get to the gym next week to start walking on the treadmill for a week...then start to pick up the pace after that. Need to build that endurance up again. I have been trying to cut back on the carbs and drink more water this week. That plan worked well. I feel better already. Made sure to have at least two servings of different veggies or at least a veggie and a salad with my large meal.

I was pleasantly surprised when I stepped on the scale on Monday and seen that I was holding steady at what I weighed before Xmas. So I was pretty happy about that. I will see how I feel on Monday when I weigh in again. I only do it once a week. It causes me too much anxiety about the numbers moving daily, so I don't do it daily. Had busy nights at the second job with changing statements/ furniture makes for a good workout lol. So we will see what Monday holds :confused:

I know this definitely doesn't work for everyone, when I'm all in, I weigh myself every morning and every night. I only take the numbers to heart on my official weigh day (Fridays). It really keeps me in check for the day and I won't cheat at night as I know I will be weighing in before bed.

Likely I said, only do this if you are able to keep an open mind about the numbers on the scale.

But it works for me! Lost 13 lbs last winter!

All that weighing can be an interesting insight into how a body changes during the day also. Over time you know if you're up 3lbs at night it is likely just water if it is always gone the next morning.

Personally I use the how do my clothes fit (agter they come out of the dryer) method of weight management. If they are tight, then its time to cut back until they fit again.

I got in the scale for the first time in months, and I now have a base line for the next months. I have been tracking a few things in my planner. Sleep is still not where I want it, but I've done my Grow Young Fitness exercises a three times this week. I've upped my water other than the green tea I drink, and I've eaten veggies every day. I've unsubscribed a lot of my email subscriptions, so the inboxes are getting smaller. And, it's been a good week for the knees. I count that as a win. :thumbsup2

Well, typically, if I weigh the same at night as I did in the morning, I'm more than likely going to weigh that same amount the next morning or less. It really keeps me motivated each day so that I don't "cheat". On my weigh days, we always have take out as my treat and typically, the further along in my weigh loss, I can't eat a lot of those foods without feeling sick. So I inevitably choose to eat healthy take out (whatever THAT is! lol) or I will eat a happy meal versus a full size meal.

When I am "on track" I weigh in daily, in the morning. I graph the trend line and try not to focus on the exact number too much. My problem lies in that when I am not on track, I avoid the scale until suddenly I am 10 or 15 (or more) pounds up. My clothes tend to fit the same-ish. Until a season change and I pull out the spring/summer stuff and none of it fits, or something like that. I will weigh in the evening as well sometimes, but I am always up over the start of the day so I don't keep track of that number. I am looking forward to re-starting keto. I know I feel better on it, my digestive tract does so much better, I never need the Tums, and when I am on it for awhile I get to a point where I fall asleep easily and wake up refreshed, rather than sluggish. Knowing this, and knowing I feel better, you would think I would stay with it. But somehow I don't. Hopefully this time will be different. We have nothing coming up until March Break and that is still tentative plans. My birthday is in there but I'd have to bake myself a cake so that isn't happening. I can stick to it as long as I keep reminding myself how good it will feel.

Well I've been doing good with walking and getting to the gym to use the eliptical and treadmill. I've gotten dh to start coming back with me so I can do some weights. I'm kind of intimidated on the machines and with free weights, so I need a partner for a bit until I feel ok to do it on my own again. I find after work is hard because it is so packed in there. Going to try twice a week to go during lunch. I'd rather come in a half hour early and stay half our late and take a 2 hour lunch than try and fit it in around everything else after work. I'm lucky that I have that flexibility. Although I can only do it if I don't have meetings etc. later, because otherwise I look awful! LOL
I did have a workout that my PT gave me many years ago, using weights and an exercise ball for at home. Should find that. Which reminds me...where is that ball???? Maybe I'll find it when I get on my decluttering I was going to do. :)

Weekend is actually going well. Though I'm not please with whatever kind of storm that was, rain? freezing rain? snow? Pellets? Whatever it is, very annoying! It seems to be quite stuck to the driveway so I'm just going to leave it. I did clear up the end of the driveway after the plow went around, that wasn't too bad and hadn't frozen solid yet.

Eating-wise, I have been doing well! I have been actually cooking, since the kitchen is still looking really nice. Drinking a lot of tea, probably should be on water but tea tastes better ;) I'm a little worried about tomorrow, at work, but if I take a few things it should be ok. I hope I can make a proper lunch. We are having a roast chicken for dinner and I plan to have leftovers for lunches tomorrow. Plus I want to use the carcass to make some bone broth in the crockpot.

My only cleaning job this weekend that I haven't done yet is cleaning the freezer in the kitchen. Well laundry isn't quite finished yet but should be done soon. I even vacuumed! Which is my least favourite task, I hate it so much.

I hope everyone else is doing well this weekend! Weekends are either great or terrible for me, I either do perfect or get bored and into the snacks. My only problem this weekend is I did not weigh in, I normally do that regularly but I am thinking this time the keto is for my tummy troubles and my plan is not to weight in for a month, to focus on eating keto rather than losing weight. Once I'm in the habit of it I will reassess and see about the weight loss. I will also probably switch to "clean" keto at some point, and remove dairy (no cheese!!) for a few weeks. But that's down the road a ways.

I am doing well, got up and on the exercise bike three mornings this week, and ate healthy all week. Down 4lbs, but most of that I probably put on over Christmas so it comes off fast. Will settle into a routine after this, hoping for 1-2 lbs per week, I would like at least 40 gone by August, but I really have 80 to get to a healthy weight. I weigh in every morning, but only record on Mondays, and measure my waist/ hips on the first Monday of the month.

You guys are good. Sticking to your programs. DH and I just did most (not all ) of the driveway. That was a workout and a half. @hdrolfe right to just leave it. It will melt eventually and I found it would be too much if I were attempting it myself.

The sun has finally come out so that will give me more energy to plug on with things around here. I took some boxes which I had stored in the bedroom to the basement and put them on shelves down there. DH ran out to Costco and got another set of storage shelves. They have wheels so I can push on up against another for compact storage and then pull one out if I need to get at things on those shelves.

I've got our stuff plus 2 DS keep bringing things home to store because they don't have enough room in their apartments. DH mom keeps threatening to send over here all DH stuff they have at their house (DH is 57, not 27). I say just throw it out he hasn't needed it in 30 odd years he doens't need it now. Ah the problems of marrying a pack rat....

I'm off to the basement to get another 30 minute walk in before I have to start thinking about preparing a family dinner for this evening.

Have a great week everyone. Keep at those Goals (whatever they may be). Baby steps, it's not a race.

Chugging away at my 52 week savings plan challenge ,so far 12 weeks done....
I started a new medication which is allowing me to eat without pain a bit more,,,Hallelujah!

I have been thinking about a conversation my family and I had over the Christmas holidays.
We are thinking of doing a family U/O Florida trip. No Disney parks.
Maybe Disney Springs for a few things.

The family made some very valid points,,

1. Nice moderate/deluxe hotels,,with some great amenities.(U/O)
2 No worry about FP+ bookings
3. No worry about advanced dining reservations
Easy access to themed meals,,3 Broomsticks,Leaky cauldron, Minions,,etc
4. No worry about bookings and upcharges for extras.
etc
5. manageable crowds.
I do like to plan ,, but I can see how Disney has become a not so relaxing vacation.

Just book the flight and hotel and go......seems so much more relaxing.
I just need to learn more about U/O.

Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!