DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

We're booked through Delta. LAX to Tokyo. Shanghai to Tokyo to LAX. We'll be joining the Tokyo to Hong Kong crowd on Cathay Pacific 543.

Thanks for that info Dave. I'll probably be looking at the same flights.

Thanks Dave. What was the date for the Cathay Pacific Flight? 10/13?

Also, are you booking the LAX>HND>LAX as one round trip? Or did you book TPA>LAX>HND>LAX>TPA?

Cathay Pacific to Hong Kong is Saturday morning, 10.14.

LAX-HND-LAX. We're flying Southwest on the US legs of this adventure.

Cynthia (belle41379) clued me in to a podcast/FB page/website called TDR Explorer and now that our flights are booked, I've been devouring that. Although they are based in Tokyo and that's their primary focus, there's lots of good information on all of the Asian parks, including a detailed planning guide for each park. Based on that, it sounds like even if a group shuttle isn't possible, transportation to/from both Tokyo airports and the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is readily available and reasonably priced through a service called Airport Limousine (actually a shuttle bus). There are links on TDR Explorer. I'll read it in more detail closer to the trip, but it looks like you don't need a reservation. You just go to their desk when you arrive at the airport and get on the next shuttle. For the shuttle back to the airport, you make a reservation at the bell desk in the Disneyland Hotel - easy-peasy.

Now back to perusing those restaurant descriptions!

Chris - when does your group get into Tokyo on the 11th?

Laurie

I was also going to recommend TDR Explorer. They have guides for each of the Asian parks. They also have a podcast. Since it's a travel podcast, much of it is time sensitive but if you fast forward you can find some Disney 101 and Disney tips segments that may be helpful. They have several episodes from last October about Halloween in the parks we may find interesting.

Chris at TDR Explorer also has videos on youtube. The are very informative. Every month he does a video translating the park guides which have a lot of information.

Michael,

If you coordinate the timing of this, you can count on John and I to attend....as long as it's not during the party.

Things might be a bit busy and we wouldn't be able to concentrate.

Thanks.

Regarding the meet-up so we can socialize and talk about the trip during the 20th anniversary Megameet, how about the day of the party, Thursday, 6/1, at the EPCOT China Pavillion at 1 pm?

Sorry folks, but because this is the day of the actual party, John and I will not be able to attend.

Ditto to above, there is another United option which is earlier in the morning out of Haneda airport at around 8 am. I opted for a slightly later start. Glad to see that there will be at least 5 of us needing to go to Narita. I know that Laurie and her gang are flying out of Haneda around 10 am on Cathay Pacific booked through American.

Chris
Is this flight 809 Air Japan? I think this is the flight that I am putting Michael on but he wants to be sure he will be with other DISers so I want to confirm.

Sorry folks, but because this is the day of the actual party, John and I will not be able to attend.
Sorry, Kevin, I didn't realize from your earlier message that you would be unavailable for the whole day. I am sure the group would like to have you and John there, and I imagine you have a lot going on during the week. Please let us know your availability so we can arrange a date and time. Thanks!

Is this flight 809 Air Japan? I think this is the flight that I am putting Michael on but he wants to be sure he will be with other DISers so I want to confirm.

Yes Carol, it is flight 809 on Air Japan. Tell Michael that there are at least 6 other DISers on this flight to keep him company.

Chris

Just had another thought. John had mentioned that for those of us doing the Tokyo add on we will need to get insurance to cover this part since it is out of the ABD realm. My question is do we need to include the flight to Tokyo and then Tokyo to Hong Kong since this is not part of the ABD trip, or include just the Tokyo to Hong Kong part since the transpacific part would have occurred either way. We booked all airfare on our own this time but I am presuming that at least Shanghai home will be covered by the ABD insurance coverage that I already have.

Chris

Hi. My name is Laurie and I like to make lists.

I was thinking it might be useful to compile some of the Tokyo information in one post. I will update as people post in the thread, or you can message me your info and I'll add you. Sorry if I missed anyone!

Pre-ABD Tokyo adventurers:

Kevin (DisneyKevin) & John (WebmasterJohn)
Jeff (OKW Lover) & Val
Brian & Laurie (Sarabi's Cubs)
Michael & Cynthia (belle41379)
Chris (christannj), Chuck & Amy
Michael (Merry Mouseketeer)
Rob (kuzco-like)
Steven (elcid3)
Chandra (bamagoofy)
Dave (macman752) & Sally
Ian (Ian&Diane) & Diane
John (tardis1029) & Micki
Karilynn (malia78) & William
Jim (jmccormick) & Linda (Talkingcatwife)

Arrival in Tokyo:
NRT
Ian, Diane 10/6 11:25a British Airways
Steven 10/8 2:35p United
Chris, Chuck, Amy 10/11 1:55p
Rob, Michael B 10/11 2:35p
John, Kevin 10/11 2:45 Delta
Laurie, Brian, Michael L, Cynthia 10/11 3:55p American

HND
John, Micki 10/9
Jim, Linda 10/10 1:45p Delta
Chandra 10/11 12:20p
Jeff, Val, Dave, Sally 10/11 2:35p Delta

10/14 Flights from Tokyo to Hong Kong:

out of Haneda -
Cathay Pacific #543 10:35am:
Michael L. & Cynthia
Brian & Laurie
Dave & Sally

HK Express early am:
Karilynn & William

out of Narita -
Air Japan #809 10:05am:
Chris, Chuck & Amy
John & Micki
Steven
Michael B.
Rob

United 10:05
John & Kevin

Vanilla Air 10:45
Ian & Diane
Jim & Linda

Laurie

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter