DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

I am excited but nervous at the same time, people I have told about what I am doing think it’s very brave (and maybe kinda crazy) of me ~~ getting on a plane to hang out with a bunch of ladies who are complete strangers...

It is totally out of my comfort zone – I am a real introvert which is why people think its courageous of me to do this
Hey Jennifer, we are so glad you joined the group. I think we were all nervous at one point, but it's so much fun and you will be so glad you joined in. :goodvibes

So here I am, a veteran from the first year making my 6th trip. Is it 6 or 7 Beth?
Trip number seven!! Whoo hoo! :banana:

Glad you are healing quickly Beth! I bed mushy food gets old pretty quickly!
It does! I love mashed potatoes, but man, I am done with those for awhile!! lol

I filed my taxes via turbotax last weekend so I hope to get my federal return one to two weeks before the trip (that'll definitely be nice!).
Yay for play money!! :thumbsup2 So, drinks on you? lol

I am so glad I met this group and I'm so thankful for the friendships I've made!! I know I can at anytime say I'm going to Disneyland and someone will be there with me!!! :love:
You're welcome. :laughing: Seriously, isn't life funny sometimes? I can't imagine how my life would be now if I didn't have you all in it, and yet, if I'd never taken the leap that night in November 2007 to post about starting a girls only trip, odds are I never would have met any of you! :eek: I don't like to think about that!

I haven't been by the DIS for awhile, but I wanted to say "thanks, Tag Fairy" for the cool massage smiley. <3

Its Friday and less than 30 days before I am back in the Happiest Place on Earth meeting new DIVA friends.

I am excited but nervous at the same time, people I have told about what I am doing think it’s very brave (and maybe kinda crazy) of me ~~ getting on a plane to hang out with a bunch of ladies who are complete strangers...

It is totally out of my comfort zone – I am a real introvert which is why people think its courageous of me to do this

In other stuff, our family trip in May had to get an additional day added to it! WestJet canceled our Thursday night flight home from LAX so our only option was fly out of LAX at 11:30am on Thursday (ya, right!) or extend to fly home on Friday night! I did have to buy another night hotel but so worth the extra $$$$$ to spend an additional 24 hours at DL!

Welcome to the newbie club.

The day I found this thread I said "this is for me, I'm going". Within days I had contacted all the necessary Divas for T-shirts, meals, scavenger hunt and meet and greet.

Everyone has been so kind and friendly. I know many of them spend a lot of time in making this trip a success for all.

When I tell my friends and family about the trip they all say "of course, that is so you" but, I am a little scared of the whole experience. Wondering if I will find myself walking around the park alone. Looking for others who are wearing Diva tags around their neck and hoping they let me join up with them.

So, dec2009mama, you've got a friend in me. I'm Diane Erickson, Newbie Diva in training. My phone number will be on the list, did you sign up for that? Call me anytime.

Count me in as one of the newbies as well! Disneydiane61 - I have the same concern! The closer we get to the trip, the more I wonder if I'm going to be the odd-woman-out, wandering around by myself. Then I remember - we've all been getting to know each other for the last 11 months. I'm sure these friendly ladies will allow us into the cool kid club. ;-)

I am a little scared of the whole experience. Wondering if I will find myself walking around the park alone. Looking for others who are wearing Diva tags around their neck and hoping they let me join up with them.

Count me in as one of the newbies as well! Disneydiane61 - I have the same concern! The closer we get to the trip, the more I wonder if I'm going to be the odd-woman-out, wandering around by myself.

I promise you both, and all our wonderful new additions to the Diva group, that will not happen!! :hug: You're going to have a blast and probably be hooked. Prepare your friends and family to lose you for a week each February/March. ;)

To all our new Divas. I was new last year. I so understand. I have a lot of love for Disney and when I first signed up two years ago I shared with my family. They all said for me to go and knew I would have a great time. I ended up not being able to go that year due to a medical episode but I still had every intention to make it for the next. So when last year came along I was officially on the list and found my self getting nervous too. I am someone who just wants to be liked and the thought of someone finding me to be anything other than that scares me. So I started thinking oh no what if my roommate doesn't like me? What if I am alone? What if this and that... Well my roommate and I got along just fine. I made friends. I made not have been liked by all but never felt that was anything bad. I did find myself along once or twice but at my own fault. I had a friend who happened to be at Disney the same time from Canada so I went to hang with them for a bit and then had to go find some Divas after.
I have since made some really amazing friends and I am so happy for that. You will too.
:thumbsup2:dance3:

Ok, ok, I gotta join in on the mushy talk. :)

I have been every year since year one and have made some of the best friends I have ever had. This is such a caring and fun group, I couldn't imagine not having them in my life. :hug: There will be alone time and you will not mesh with everyone but it's one heck of a great time!

Thank you for all the positive vibes...:goodvibes :love:

I am really looking forward to this trip -- I know the next 3 weeks are going to fly by! :banana:

Yeah, I just want to second what Linda said. There can be alone time if you want.
I remember one year, we were doing early entry or magic morning or whatever they are calling it now. Anyway, a bunch of the ladies were going off to do rides and I decided to hang back by myself and take pics. I'd never been that early in the a.m. before and it was so nice to be able to snap some shots clear of the usual throngs of people.

I just kind of moseyed along Main Street, stopping to look in the store windows that I usually just rush past. I sat on the porch in the rocking chair and did some people watching. Then I took some neat shots of the castle, and other places. It was kind of nice to be solo for a bit. That's the beauty of this trip. It can be whatever you want it to be. :hippie:

Hi! Just checking in. I can't wait for our trip!

I've been each year. The very first trip I made my mom come with me and now we both have made great friends. She's more active around here now than I am. Lol.

23 more sleeps!!!

I have also been every year for some if not all of the trip.

I have made some real and true friends these past 6 years and I'm so thankful for all of them. It is so great to have people who just 'get' you and 'get' Disney.

I look forward to meeting all the new divas as well as getting better acquainted with some of the not-as-new divas as well.

I'm so excited and ready for this trip! :)

We are so close! :hyper: No. I haven't really packed anything yet- just have a pile started, lol.
Just checked some gift card balances and added up my GC funds.:teacher: I tried to work extra hard at my earning sites to get them for this trip.
Checked the weather forcast, and decided I'd pack mostly pants. We'll see.
I've been looking on pintrest for "Disney" nails, hmmm. Really would like to get them done before we go.
I've worked on my Scavy hunt outfit. Still need a few pieces, but I'm not telling!;)
Got a haircut but will need a little color soon...
Did some no-sew altering to my pub crawl tee shirt (yes it's orange)
I am so excited and, yes, a little nervous too. I think being our first Diva trip, we will have to wing it a bit and just go with the flow. This can be had since I like to have a good plan, but I really want to just do things different than when we have kids or spouses along. We can shop, try new foods/snacks, and check out all the out of the way spots. Of course I have to ride EVERYTHING too.:goodvibes
......is anyone else EXCITED?:yay:
I am so ready to do this. Bring it on!:woohoo:

Yeah, I just want to second what Linda said. There can be alone time if you want.
I remember one year, we were doing early entry or magic morning or whatever they are calling it now. Anyway, a bunch of the ladies were going off to do rides and I decided to hang back by myself and take pics. I'd never been that early in the a.m. before and it was so nice to be able to snap some shots clear of the usual throngs of people.

I just kind of moseyed along Main Street, stopping to look in the store windows that I usually just rush past. I sat on the porch in the rocking chair and did some people watching. Then I took some neat shots of the castle, and other places. It was kind of nice to be solo for a bit. That's the beauty of this trip. It can be whatever you want it to be. :hippie:

This is just what I picture this trip being. Even though there are others just like me to enjoy some time with, there is so much I miss on my normal trips. This time I can enjoy these things with my daughter, and still enjoy some fun group activities. Even sharing the room with people we've never met will be a blast because if the love Disney like we do, they must be AWESOME!
It's quite amazing that you started these trips and stuck with it. You ROCK, Beth!

This is just what I picture this trip being. Even though there are others just like me to enjoy some time with, there is so much I miss on my normal trips. This time I can enjoy these things with my daughter, and still enjoy some fun group activities. Even sharing the room with people we've never met will be a blast because if the love Disney like we do, they must be AWESOME! It's quite amazing that you started these trips and stuck with it. You ROCK, Beth!

I think my former roommates can vouch that I'm a good one! (I hope! ;) ). I think I haven't been to the parks since the last girls' trip and that's so long for me since I used to have a pass. I'm so ready!

We are so close! :hyper: No. I haven't really packed anything yet- just have a pile started, lol. Just checked some gift card balances and added up my GC funds.:teacher: I tried to work extra hard at my earning sites to get them for this trip. Checked the weather forcast, and decided I'd pack mostly pants. We'll see. I've been looking on pintrest for "Disney" nails, hmmm. Really would like to get them done before we go. I've worked on my Scavy hunt outfit. Still need a few pieces, but I'm not telling!;) Got a haircut but will need a little color soon... Did some no-sew altering to my pub crawl tee shirt (yes it's orange) I am so excited and, yes, a little nervous too. I think being our first Diva trip, we will have to wing it a bit and just go with the flow. This can be had since I like to have a good plan, but I really want to just do things different than when we have kids or spouses along. We can shop, try new foods/snacks, and check out all the out of the way spots. Of course I have to ride EVERYTHING too.:goodvibes ......is anyone else EXCITED?:yay: I am so ready to do this. Bring it on!:woohoo:

I'm not packed yet but will probably start the weekend before so as to not forget anything.

I'm proud that I have been able to save a nice chunk of change for this trip so I won't have to use any of my refund $ after all. Yay!

My to-do list is similar:
Hair trim
Mani/Pedi
Buy a few new outfits
Buy new boardshorts for my swimsuit; I love jacuzzi time!

Good morning, ladies!! I hope you all had a good weekend. I feel like all I did this weekend was run errands! Not fun, but at least I got some things done that needed doing. :)

We are so close! :hyper: No. I haven't really packed anything yet- just have a pile started, lol.
Just checked some gift card balances and added up my GC funds.:teacher: I tried to work extra hard at my earning sites to get them for this trip.
Checked the weather forcast, and decided I'd pack mostly pants. We'll see.
I've been looking on pintrest for "Disney" nails, hmmm. Really would like to get them done before we go.
I've worked on my Scavy hunt outfit. Still need a few pieces, but I'm not telling!;)
Got a haircut but will need a little color soon...
Did some no-sew altering to my pub crawl tee shirt (yes it's orange)
I am so excited and, yes, a little nervous too. I think being our first Diva trip, we will have to wing it a bit and just go with the flow. This can be had since I like to have a good plan, but I really want to just do things different than when we have kids or spouses along. We can shop, try new foods/snacks, and check out all the out of the way spots. Of course I have to ride EVERYTHING too.:goodvibes
......is anyone else EXCITED?:yay:
I am so ready to do this. Bring it on!:woohoo:
Hi, Tami! I've started packing....in my mind. LOL I have a mental list going but haven't actually put anything together yet.
That's great you have some gift cards to help pay for the trip. Those do come in handy! :thumbsup2

As for the weather, I'd hold off a bit. Ever darn time it's been warm to hot. At least in the 80's, if not the low 90's! Our first year it was around 100! But that time we went later in the year. Still, you might need some shorts.
I got a hair cut this weekend. Took off four inches. I think it had been like a year since my last cut. :rolleyes1

If you get some "Disney nails" you'll have to post a pic on our FB page. I'd love to see them!

You and Jennifer will have to make a list of all the things you want to do that you normally wouldn't or can't. That's the best part about going on these trips. Well, making new friends AND being able to see the parks in a different way than you would with your family along.

I never seem to go on many rides though... hmmm. I'm usually too busy socializing, eating, taking pics, and going to all the planned events. Rides seem to fall by the way side. That's fine with me. I grew up going to Disney and have been many times with my family. I've done all the rides, but some of these ladies I only see once a year so for me it's about the friend-time. :goodvibes

Not long now.... :yay:

It's quite amazing that you started these trips and stuck with it. You ROCK, Beth!
Aw, you're sweet. This whole group rocks! I got the ball rolling, but it takes a team effort to keep these trips going. From everyone on the committees to those who return with a smile and excited attitude year after year. :grouphug:

I'm so ready!

:yay: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cool1:

I agree with Tkitty and Momma….Looking forward to this trip to be totally different from my visits with my family. It will be fun to get to know the Divas. If I don't have the time or desire to go on a ride, I can catch it next time.

I love going to DL with my family, but I have to say I really enjoyed my two days in the parks alone last year, while my husband was in LA on business. I took lots of photos and walked the parks. I did not go on one ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter