DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Oh wow....I don't have any Christmas sweaters so I'll have to figure that out. LOL It's a cute theme though!! :)

The spouse has an appointment with EDD (Unemployment for those in Canada) tomorrow morning. Should be a BLAST. NOT. Then he has a phone interview at 3 for a really good job that's actually LOCAL (Folsom Dam for those of you in NorCal who know where that is). Fingers crossed.... Did I mention that he had sent a resume for a job in ANAHEIM? (oh, be still, my heart!) No word on that, so I'm guessing they had plenty of local applicants. Sigh.

I will be headed up to the family (his) cabin on the coast next week. I leave here Monday and leave there Sunday. Which means that the weather in Sacramento will be beautiful Tuesday thru Saturday and will feel like one of Dante's circles of Hell when I'm driving inland on Sunday afternoon. LOL The cabin has no internet. I will be running up into town once a day to get online at the dessert cafe up there, but I will not be checking in here. I will be checking Facebook though, but it will be once a day, so message me there if anyone needs me for anything. The spouse will be coming up Friday evening for the weekend, but I will have about 96 glorious hours of peace, quiet and solitude for working on my projects for Convention and hanging out at the beach (north coast - picture cold and grey, not sunny and palm trees- LOL). I am going to be a very, VERY happy camper... Oh, and I'll try and post pics for you on Facebook, Beth... LOL

Oh wow....I don't have any Christmas sweaters so I'll have to figure that out. LOL It's a cute theme though!! :)

I don't either, but I've got a Stitch Santa hat and flashing earrings and necklace, so I'm good to go. LOL

The spouse has an appointment with EDD (Unemployment for those in Canada) tomorrow morning. Should be a BLAST. NOT. Then he has a phone interview at 3 for a really good job that's actually LOCAL (Folsom Dam for those of you in NorCal who know where that is). Fingers crossed.... Did I mention that he had sent a resume for a job in ANAHEIM? (oh, be still, my heart!) No word on that, so I'm guessing they had plenty of local applicants. Sigh.

I will be headed up to the family (his) cabin on the coast next week. I leave here Monday and leave there Sunday. Which means that the weather in Sacramento will be beautiful Tuesday thru Saturday and will feel like one of Dante's circles of Hell when I'm driving inland on Sunday afternoon. LOL The cabin has no internet. I will be running up into town once a day to get online at the dessert cafe up there, but I will not be checking in here. I will be checking Facebook though, but it will be once a day, so message me there if anyone needs me for anything. The spouse will be coming up Friday evening for the weekend, but I will have about 96 glorious hours of peace, quiet and solitude for working on my projects for Convention and hanging out at the beach (north coast - picture cold and grey, not sunny and palm trees- LOL). I am going to be a very, VERY happy camper... Oh, and I'll try and post pics for you on Facebook, Beth... LOL

Thanks! So glad the weather will be nice next week .... this heat is killing me! :rotfl2:

SO FUN! I read the theme and INSTANTLY knew how I'm going to "Griswold" myself up! Can't wait!

Think more tacky, ugly Christmas sweaters, blinking light up Christmas necklaces, earrings...that kind of thing. :thumbsup2

Shoot - you're saying those blinking light up Christmas necklaces are TACKY?? Geez, I thought they were fashionable.................

I don't either, but I've got a Stitch Santa hat and flashing earrings and necklace, so I'm good to go. LOL

....... and you've got a lot of time to find the perfect ugly - uh, I mean FESTIVE - Christmas sweater to go with your accessories :thumbsup2

Ho freakin ho!!

Love the Meet and Greet theme. I have a Christmas sweater vest that I wear every year. My teenage nieces give me "looks", so I think it must be pretty bad!

I do have a question.....the timetable says that the event begins on Wednesday the 26th. Will there be something that evening, or are we on our own? Just asking because I want to pin down dates...debating on arriving on Wednesday or Thursday.

Cheers, Dee Dee

I've never owned a Christmas sweater in my life and get pretty warm in any kind of sweater but I'll come up with something! I hope we'll be singing some Christmas carols !
Not everyone is on facebook so it might be nice to post all the info here too.

I've never owned a Christmas sweater in my life and get pretty warm in any kind of sweater but I'll come up with something! I hope we'll be singing some Christmas carols !

We can't really post the particulars here because of the rules. But I'll see what information I can pick out and post on the Disboards for everyone. :thumbsup2

What an interesting M&G theme.
I won't make it because of work...and Oh Lawdy, $65 is more than what I'm spending for a night at the Grand! :scared1:

I do have a question.....the timetable says that the event begins on Wednesday the 26th. Will there be something that evening, or are we on our own? Just asking because I want to pin down dates...debating on arriving on Wednesday or Thursday.

Cheers, Dee Dee
There will be something every day, including Wednesday. If you'd like, I can send you a copy of our schedule from last year so you can see what it's like. Let me know. :)

We can't post any information regarding exchanges of money here on the DIS. But, I posted as much info as I could on the front page, and then I said to either check the FB page or to PM me for the rest of the details, which is basically just cost. :thumbsup2

We can't really post the particulars here because of the rules. But I'll see what information I can pick out and post on the Disboards for everyone. :thumbsup2
Capri, I already did that. It's all been added to the front page. :thumbsup2

What an interesting M&G theme.
I won't make it because of work...
Aw, we'll miss you!!

Gotcha!
There will be something every day, including Wednesday. If you'd like, I can send you a copy of our schedule from last year so you can see what it's like. Let me know. :)

We can't post any information regarding exchanges of money here on the DIS. But, I posted as much info as I could on the front page, and then I said to either check the FB page or to PM me for the rest of the details, which is basically just cost. :thumbsup2
!!

Gotcha! Didn't mean the $, just the fun stuff. No worries, I emailed Sarah all the info.

Hello Ladies!

I am contemplating a little trip for son and I July 15 to 18th. I can get The Clarion. at .75 miles away for 3 nights for $252. Is that going to be way too far for us to walk?

Is there anyone that might be interested in joining us and splitting the room? Anyone I know that is??? Might be sort of odd with a complete stranger:)

I have miles, and I have annual pass. Seems like we out to go???

And hello everyone!

Tracey

QueenDoOver said:
Hello Ladies!

I am contemplating a little trip for son and I July 15 to 18th. I can get The Clarion. at .75 miles away for 3 nights for $252. Is that going to be way too far for us to walk?

Is there anyone that might be interested in joining us and splitting the room? Anyone I know that is??? Might be sort of odd with a complete stranger:)

I have miles, and I have annual pass. Seems like we out to go???

And hello everyone!

Tracey

I've stayed at The Clarion before and it is walkable but it is further than .75 miles to the gates...however the Toy Story lot is right across Harbor and you could always take that shuttle.

This is what's posted on the front page of this thread:

The wait is over! Our new theme for the 2014 Meet and Greet is:

048eae8a-a232-48d9-aff7-66158abe83f2_zpsbddd23d6.jpg

522956ae-3f9e-4908-aeaa-44acfba6ba62_zpsce3db090.jpg

A Very Merry UnChristmas Meet and Greet Party!

February 27, 6:00pm, Paradise Pier Ballroom

~Dress: Ugly Christmas sweaters, tacky blinking light up jewelry, Santa hat, reindeer antlers, or any kind of Christmas attire you like. It's not required, but it's always FUN! A prize will be awarded to the best dressed!

~Games: YES! Now that we have the space, we'll be playing a fun game or two. And of course....prizes!

~Cost: Please see our Facebook page or message me for more details. Thanks!

~The exchange: Free! We'll be doing a re-gifting exchange. Which is always handy after the holidays. ;) Find something you already have (a new, unused item valued between $20-$25), wrap it up in Christmasy paper or a gift bag, and you're good to go!

The exchange is going to be a real challenge for me. I have nothing that I don't use. I constantly give stuff to the Goodwill. I don't hang on to stuff. Can't stand clutter.:)
Anyone the same as me?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter