DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

Ladies, this is the reason for the tee shirt idea. We are already having issues over them.

If we go with something like this, then we don't have to through this year after year, and try to find a color we all like for Saturday.
Last year was a mess, and then we picked gray to compromise.

I was given a idea, and thought it was great.
I was just trying to figure something out.
I was not trying to go behind people's backs.
I was just asking for opinions while on the trip.
A new plan was not set in motion while on the trip.
Nothing is set in stone.

I just thought it was a good idea, and presented it to all of you now.
That is why I said, "I hope you all like it."

I was just trying to help.

For the record. I like orange and V necks too.

I like it :)

Hey girls! There is no catalog...the inventory changes on a daily basis. It is kinda like Scentsy, Avon, Mary Kay....without the high pressure sales pitch. I have parties at peoples homes. I just set up and let them shop with their friends. It is so fun! The stuff is WAY cute. I also can order anything you like and just ship it to ya. I post on my facebook new stuff I am ordering.

Here is the website if you wanna look around!
http://www.paparazziaccessories.com/13695

I'm looking, thanks for the link :)

It is hard to catch names, and harder to reconcile the person's username with actual name. At least, for me.

I wore my lanyard everyday...but had another lanyard and camera around my neck much of the time as well, so likely not helpful for seeing it, huh?

It is great for finding others when we are all in a bright color and in a group or at least 2...then can be spotted.

I wore my lanyard every day, well it was my lanyard I didn't make it to the M&G so didn't get the pink one, but I had my name tag in my lanyard pouch facing out for all to see. :) I think we should wear them every day, even if it's the last day of the trip, I was meeting people up until that last day that I hadn't met before.

Sure - PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you ;-)

:thumbsup2

Theresa, you are genius.

I now am altering my t shirt color list.

Thursday: Blaze orange
Friday: Pumpkin orange
Saturday: Neon Orange
Sunday: Tie dye. Since I made my own when we did a tie dye day, totally could do an orange themed one.pixiedust:

Oh, I am going to look ever so festive next year. :joker::joker::joker:

Tie dye orange? That could be fun actually! LOL

chimo2u said:
Hello everyone :) I'm jumping in and introducing myself on the invite of My friend Grumpy Grandma (Linda) :wave2:
I've been wanting to do this Diva trip for a couple years now, as I find my family is waning in their Disney LOVE, but I am still longing for a taste of Disney once a yr, it seems! A girls only trip sounds amazing, a nice/ shortish getaway, but still lots of fun and an opportunity to make some new Dis friends! :thumbsup2

We have had a tragic week....my hubby is a Sheriff in Alberta, Canada, and he was shot last week in the line of duty, thankful he only lost a finger or two on his hand from the gunshot, and not his life. He is home and recovering now, but it will probably be a long recovery, and our plans are somewhat up in the air. We are taking things one day at a time and are now in what we call the recovery process ::yes::
All will be well in the end, as we are all together :goodvibes

I am hoping I can talk DH into letting me jump on board for 2014's trip. I am a WDW LOVER, but I have been wanting to get back to DL since 1990, when I first visited the mouse and fell in love :)
So....If all goes well, and I can swing it, I'd love to join the divas in 2014!

I live in Alberta, Canada. I have 2 boys: Josh who'll be 21 in June, and Andrew who just turned 17 yesterday. My sweet hubby has graciously allowed me two WDW trips without him -- one with Andrew in FEB2011, and one with both Andrew, Josh and my BFF just last OCT 2012. These where great fun, but I've been wanting to do a less expensive, gals only trip for a few yrs! Hoping this is the one :)
My next expected trip to WDW won't be until Jan/Feb 2015 for Andrew's graduation trip -- MY DH, myself,Andrew and his GF will be going on that trip. It will most likely be my last big WDW trip -- I can see dis diva trips becoming part of my future :lovestruc

As to shirt colours, if I can chime in as a newbie, LOL.....I love BRIGHT neon-ish colours! HOT PINK, ORANGE, LIME GREEN, Very BRIGHT BLUE ...those are all great, fun colours! As for dining, I am hoping to stay at DLH, and I've head SH55
Is amazing! I'm also interested in trying Blue Bayou

Would I be able to get one of those cute signatures?? I love Tink/ but there's a lot of people with Tink.....I also adore TIGGER :) he's my bouncy friend :) I love bling, so any way you want to create it is fine with me.....my name is Marie :flower3: thank you so much
I look forward to getting to know you all better!!! :goodvibes
Marie :flower3:

Hello and welcome!!

wendylady36 said:
I like this plan. :thumbsup2

This sounds good also. I'm easy going. Just go with the flow.

Whew work has been crazy today. Almost off! :).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Phew! Go away for 24 hours & we jump 7 pages & all he!! breaks loose in here! hehe :) (this is total sarcasm by the way!)
....and I was just telling everyone how cool it is that there's such a large group of women to hang out with that weren't catty! LOL :) :rotfl2:

Seriously, before the trip I thought I wouldn't like the 'matchy-matchy' stuff, but I REALLY liked it. And as a newbie, even though it was day 5, there's just no way to know for sure who everyone is in the group. Hair changes every day, clothes, etc...maybe by day 5 next year?!? :confused3 I too asked grey tiara wearing people if they were part of the group...nope...but it was a great opportunity to promote the group! :)

I will wear whatever Mel makes...Orange makes my pale skin look paler, but I will walk around the parks looking like I belong in the Haunted Mansion if Mel makes it!

I can't wear the lanyards all day because of my neck, but they were SOOO cute!

I can't tell you how much fun I had with this group! I can't wait to do it all again next year. :yay:

I will wear ...Orange :

Looky there, another vote for ORANGE.

:)

Heck, I have worn pink, pepto bismal garish pink for 2 years despite looking like a freckled faced strawberry, so I think all can suck it up buttercup and don some orange.

For.Reals. :)

Your lawyer likes orange. But I prefer Creamsicles.

Oooooh, orange Creamcicles...... Me likey :thumbsup2

Amy - I will suck it up, buttercup and wear orange proudly. I may look like the Great Pumpkin on toothpicks, but I'll rock the look. A color is just a color (and I still think my gray shirt ROCKED)

Phew! Go away for 24 hours & we jump 7 pages & all he!! breaks loose in here! hehe :) (this is total sarcasm by the way!)
....and I was just telling everyone how cool it is that there's such a large group of women to hang out with that weren't catty! LOL :) :rotfl2:
Who's catty, cittycat? I just wanted to say that. :laughing: This really is a cool group. Heck, we've lasted 6 years. I'd say that's like some sort of women's group record. ;) I'm so glad you are joining us again next year! :hyper:

Heck, I have worn pink, pepto bismal garish pink for 2 years despite looking like a freckled faced strawberry, so I think all can suck it up buttercup and don some orange.

Pepto-bismal pink makes me laugh. :rotfl2: I hated that stuff growing up. My mom always gave it to me for an upset stomach and it made me feel worse! Bleh. :scared:

I like pink. Red on the other hand is a color I rarely wear. I have roseacea and it makes it look so much worse! But when we had a red shirt day, I wore a red button down, paired a white tank underneath and left the red part unbuttoned. It still worked for the pics, yet didn't make me feel as self-conscious. Gotta get creative.

Your lawyer likes orange. But I prefer Creamsicles.

Oh, yum.... :thumbsup2

No need for this buttercup to suck anything up. I look good in all colors. Just sayin.

So my dd and I are talking about ideas for name tags. Her idea is to Make huge glitter ones and put on our butts. ROFL. I told her NO way.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My answer to orange is.....creamsicle. Funny how the most drama happens right after the trip. I just wait to see what it is and decide to wear it or not (but I always do), if I am even able to come again (which I always say, but then I always do).

Anyway, it was awesome to see everyone even though I wasn't there long! And Amy, thanks for wearing clothes, including pants, to the parks. Everyone who wears clothes gets a vote :)

39 days until the end of tax season :cool1:

Anyway, it was awesome to see everyone even though I wasn't there long! And Amy, thanks for wearing clothes, including pants, to the parks. Everyone who wears clothes gets a vote :)

39 days until the end of tax season :cool1:

Tax season must be killer. And I am glad I could do my part by wearing pants. :)

I am sorry if I seem to be being catty or drama filled.

I am just being silly about the orange thing. I will wear any color if need be if I have it. I would rather not wear black on a day like we had on Friday or Sat would have more completely melted than I already did, but other than that....whatevs.

But Meow for the cattiness and a big bow for the drama.:yay::yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter