DIS Divas Trip! (old thread, see first post for link to new one)

BB was either year 3 or so.
Our very first meal all together was at Jazz Kitchen. :goodvibes

tinkermell said:
Catching up here.

So we are already onto shirt colors. LOL!! Love it! :lmao:

Here is the idea, that someone shared with me, and I really liked it.
It would go like this.

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee
Day 4- Shirt from 2 years ago
Day 5- Either from 3 years ago or favorite Disney shirt.

So next year would go like this: :thumbsup2

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Turquoise Carsland tee
Day 3- Brand new tee
Day 4- Pink DisDivaland tee
Day 5- Purple Castle tee or favorite shirt.

Every year the Day 5 shirt will get rotated out. :wave2:

No fuss, no muss! :flower3:

So those of us who have been on the trips so far, should have all of these tees or at least have bought the colors to match. We would only have to buy the brand new tee for Day 3. Less cost. :cool1:
Newbies would need to buy everything, but it would be that way no matter what.

Most of you have requested something bright, or easy to spot.
Depending on the image of the tee shirt designed, I will pick out something that should look good on almost everyone. I will not pick out orange or yellow. Those colors are really hard for most people to wear.

Once again, if you abhor what I choose, then it can be changed. :eek:

So that is the talk, we had over Mimi's and a few other places.

Hope you all like it!! :goodvibes

Love this idea! :)

Do you have a picture of the purple tee so I could get it done on Zazzle or something like it.

I do not need the dis diva on the butt. Cute but no one would see it anyways.

Hi, January!! So good to see you here! :goodvibes

Linda, I remember that meal at Blue Bayou. I think, like January said, it was year two. I'd go back there again. Those potatoes are so good!

Is your son doing Grad Nite? Allyson will be there May 29.

Yes, but his is in June sometime.

They are going to Magic Mountain. He's so excited because roller coasters are more his speed.

Coolio :cool2:

I cannot say how excited I am that you are planning the trip for 2014! I haven't been since 2009 and I was soooo very close to coming on this last trip...I already got the green light from hubby. He's gonna take the time off and stay home with the kids. Yay!!!! Lets just pray I don't get pregnant again! Lol!

I can't wait to see my old diva friends and make new some new ones :).

WooHoo, I'm glad you're thinking about going!!

It would go like this.

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee

That sounds awesome to me :thumbsup2. I love the pink tee so that means I can wear it 2 more times :).

Linda, I remember that meal at Blue Bayou. I think, like January said, it was year two. I'd go back there again. Those potatoes are so good!

There was probably a Blue Bayou meal year 2 but I wasn't there since Laila was just a wee one. But there was also a meal there year one since I was there ;)

daisy_77 said:
I cannot say how excited I am that you are planning the trip for 2014! I haven't been since 2009 and I was soooo very close to coming on this last trip...I already got the green light from hubby. He's gonna take the time off and stay home with the kids. Yay!!!! Lets just pray I don't get pregnant again! Lol!

Hi January! I'm looking forward to seeing you again!

lulubelle said:
I remember having lunch at BB. Beth and I split a meal. Was it really year one? It seems like two (or at the most) three years ago, not five. :sad2:

I want to have our "fancy" meal at SH55. I have had dinner there three times and it nevers dissapoints. :thumbsup2

Hi January, nice to see you check in. :)

SH55 would be amazing! And it's pretty close to Trader Sam's, home of delicious after dinner adult beverages!

tinkermell said:
Catching up here.

It would go like this.

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee

Day 1- Lime green
Day 3- Brand new tee

Every year the Day 5 shirt will get rotated out. :wave2:

So those of us who have been on the trips so far, should have all of these tees or at least have bought the colors to match. We would only have to buy the brand new tee for Day 3. Less cost. :cool1:
Newbies would need to buy everything or try to, but it would be that way no matter what.

Depending on the image of the tee shirt designed, I will pick out something that should look good on almost everyone. I will not pick out orange or yellow. Those colors are really hard for most people to wear.

Smart lady!
Oh, and I like orange ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

There was probably a Blue Bayou meal year 2 but I wasn't there since Laila was just a wee one. But there was also a meal there year one since I was there ;)

There probably was. I was only there one day that year.

SH55 would be amazing! And it's pretty close to Trader Sam's, home of delicious after dinner adult beverages!

Oh, and I like orange ;)
I'd like to try SH55. I'm not a big meat eater, but they have chicken and their sides sound really good. Mac and cheese with four cheeses and bacon? Mmm.

Oh, and for the record, I like orange, too. :thumbsup2

Yay, I'm glad you're planning on going! :woohoo:

Day 1- Lime green
Day 3- Brand new tee

Speaking of that turquoise Carsland tee...just wandering if you had mailed mine? I know you're super busy, just want to make sure you hadn't already sent it and got lost in mail land.

So glad to hear that Kaitlyn is home!

I remember doing Blue Bayou for lunch on the second annual trip (I wasn't on the first).

I want to have our "fancy" meal at SH55. I have had dinner there three times and it nevers dissapoints. :thumbsup

Another vote for SH55!

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee

Day 1- Lime green
Day 3- Brand new tee

Great idea - it is always set and no debates on colors, day, etc!

Do you have a picture of the purple tee so I could get it done on Zazzle or something like it.

That is a great idea! And would save Mel a lot of time and hassle!

Didn't we say we needed more drink pit stops next year!!!:drinking1

Hi January!

Love the t-shirt rotation idea.

We all had breakfast one year at SH55, but I've never had dinner there. I'd love to try it for dinner. *gasp* are we already choosing restaurants and shirts? LOL

Catching up here.

It would go like this.

Day 1- Lime green
Day 2- Last year's shirt
Day 3- Brand new tee

Day 1- Lime green
Day 3- Brand new tee

Every year the Day 5 shirt will get rotated out.
:wave2:

Newbies would need to buy everything or try to, but it would be that way no matter what.

So does that mean we will not be recycling the martini glass shirt?

The first year there was a Blue Bayou group meal. I don't think there has been one since???

I remember that year. We did do Blue Bayou the first year, then I think the following year we did Ariels for lunch. Then maybe another lunch at Ariels the following year. After that it gets hazy since I remembered I like corn dogs and chimichangas so don't really go to many of the meals anymore.

I do not need the dis diva on the butt. Cute but no one would see it anyways.

I would love to get one of the purple shirts. Can someone explain what Zazzle is???? :confused3

Also just for the record I love both yellow and orange .... :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: We totally should. Creative stretching and all.

I remember that year. We did do Blue Bayou the first year, then I think the following year we did Ariels for lunch. Then maybe another lunch at Ariels the following year. After that it gets hazy since I remembered I like corn dogs and chimichangas so don't really go to many of the meals anymore.
We must've done BB the first and second year. I know I went the year January came, my first time at the restaurant which is how I remember, and she wasn't there year one. Wow. It's been so long none of us can remember anymore.
All I know if I'm freaking hungry now with all this food talk.... :p

I would love to get one of the purple shirts. Can someone explain what Zazzle is???? :confused3

Also just for the record I love both yellow and orange .... :rotfl2:
Oooooh, the new group shirt should totally be on bright orange. Hey, there would be no missing us that way. ;)

Zazzle is a website were you can design custom shirts and other gifts. Zazzle.com I think we made our white Tinkerbell shirts using Zazzle. Those shirts were cute. I love Tink. She rocks.

I'm SO going in 2014. I do not forsee another job change and will get 5 days of vacation time in January also ! So YES SIGN ME UP.

I also hope this weight ticker to be much lower by then too ;):thumbsup2

What color was the shirt from 2010 the Pirate themed one? I remember putting the decal on a a jacket but I don't remember what the color was.

I still have that image saved if you want it. I can e-mail it to you??

Exactly. An easy-peasy solution. :thumbsup2 ::yes::

My only issue with this is people have said that with colors, it's harder to tell if someone wearing that color is part of the group or not - but then we're saying for newbies to just wear that color....... or spend $100 on new shirts.

Ugh the joys of having a senior! What is your sons school doing for Grad Nite?

I'm skeered. Jesse's school does grad camping - not sure that's a good idea or not??? :scared1:

I want to have our "fancy" meal at SH55. I have had dinner there three times and it nevers dissapoints. :thumbsup2

I'd be down with that :thumbsup2 I've never been to SH55.

You wouldn't be able to get it done through Zazzle. They won't print a copyrighted image (the castle and Mickey head). Most printers won't print unauthorized copyrighted images because they can be sued. Maybe you could do something similar with a castle, no Mickey head?

We should totally do that!! I luv the black pirate one too. We could easily bring that one back. It's hot pink and black, very nice.

Ooooh, the new group shirt should totally be on bright orange. Hey, there would be no missing us that way. ;)

I think bright orange would be a GREAT choice!! Much better than yellow :thumbsup2

I'd like to request a different neckline for the shirt though, since we'll be reusing them. Those crew necks are not the most comfortable. Something V or U would be better, for me at least. I think I'm going to look into cutting the necklines on the previous shirts to make them more comfortable.

Mel - do you have extra stones (or the specific colors) for the issue of stones falling off? I washed my pink shirt just one time, cold water, gentle cycle, and half of the black stones are either off or shifted. I'm going to have to either pluck them all off and redo or find out what color stone is used (I have jet black, but these are not jet) to replace and reposition. I may just pull them all off and replace with black glitter paint..........

I'm SO going in 2014. I do not forsee another job change and will get 5 days of vacation time in January also ! So YES SIGN ME UP.

I also hope this weight ticker to be much lower by then too ;):thumbsup2
Hey Rose! I had you down for this trip and was sorry you couldn't make it. Next one, for sure!

Good luck on the weight loss. I know how hard it can be. I struggle daily and am not getting very far at all.

We should totally do that!! I luv the black pirate one too. We could easily bring that one back. It's hot pink and black, very nice.

I'd like to request a different neckline for the shirt though, since we'll be reusing them. Those crew necks are not the most comfortable. Something V or U would be better, for me at least. I think I'm going to look into cutting the necklines on the previous shirts to make them more comfortable.

The black pirate one was neat. I liked it.

A different neckline would be AWESOME if that is possible. PLEASE, oh, please! I feel like I am choking in a crew neck shirt. I know many others feel the same way. The shirt I wore for grey day, had a super cute design on it (thank you Theresa for the loaner!), but it was a V-neck and so much more comfortable and flattering. Just my opinion. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter