DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

We're 13 days from our Autism Speaks Walk & donations have very slowed trickled in..........I'm the only one on our team that has met the $150 goal....I'll get a t-shirt to commemorate the walk....was hoping the other 4 would get one as well. I had no clue that fundraising would be so difficult......even getting a $5 donation seems to be asking too much these days. But with that said, I'm super excited about doing the walk with other families like ours & being a part of the autism community for the day!!!!!

Laurie I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I think it is just this stupid economy. I know that 5 bucks isn't much but maybe people think they are being too cheap if they only send 5 or something who knows. Or it could always be that they think someone else will do it. You know how that goes. I know for us Shane got a really puny check last week and then was laid off on Friday and is off AGAIN today. I think he knew this last week but just didn't want to tell me cuz he knows how much I freak out. But he finally admitted that he may be off all week. We just never get ahead it seems. Every time we START to this crap happens. It is SO frustrating! He didn't even open a new claim for UE on Friday either because he thought since he got that form from EDD that he couldn't and I was like uh NO! They told us they thought they overpaid him back in Jan of 2010 but we had the stubs and I was like NO! He claimed he got paid 300 for one week and the shop said they paid him 1000! Well I got out the stubs and he had worked 1 day the week before and 1.5 days the week they are talking about and then even the following week he only worked 20 hours. His biggest gross out of the 3 weeks was only 600! NOT 1000 even ONE of those weeks much less the one they were talking about. So hopefully it gets straightened out but it really torques me because out of the last 3 years he has only claimed a total of about 4 to 6 weeks of UE the ENTIRE 3 years because he basically has to be off an entire week to do it. If he works even 2 days in a week he doesn't qualify. If he works one he gets like 100 bucks! It's REALLY stupid but then they also did it to so they would have him not working and then work him like a day here and a day there and then he wouldn't qualify so basically he was pretty much out of work for almost 3 months at the beginning of this year but we could never file because we had a 2 week waiting period then it never worked out. So now THIS is just really irritating. I mean he is the main bread winner and when he is bringing home NO money or maybe 100 bucks that is NOT going to pay our bills! SO annoying. Sometimes I wish his shop would just lay him off all together so he could just collect it weekly and be done with it. This 1 week here and 1 week there and having to open a new claim every time really screws us!

Anyway sorry to get off on a tanget LOL. I know you are really excited and I am really sorry that you didn't get more donations. I think it is really awesome what you are doing and like you said every dollar counts so I am sure they will be happy to get whatever you HAVE collected!!

I am off to work today but I hope you and everyone else on here has a great day!!

Laurie I am sorry you are having so much trouble. I think it is just this stupid economy. I know that 5 bucks isn't much but maybe people think they are being too cheap if they only send 5 or something who knows. Or it could always be that they think someone else will do it. You know how that goes. I know for us Shane got a really puny check last week and then was laid off on Friday and is off AGAIN today. I think he knew this last week but just didn't want to tell me cuz he knows how much I freak out. But he finally admitted that he may be off all week. We just never get ahead it seems. Every time we START to this crap happens. It is SO frustrating! He didn't even open a new claim for UE on Friday either because he thought since he got that form from EDD that he couldn't and I was like uh NO! They told us they thought they overpaid him back in Jan of 2010 but we had the stubs and I was like NO! He claimed he got paid 300 for one week and the shop said they paid him 1000! Well I got out the stubs and he had worked 1 day the week before and 1.5 days the week they are talking about and then even the following week he only worked 20 hours. His biggest gross out of the 3 weeks was only 600! NOT 1000 even ONE of those weeks much less the one they were talking about. So hopefully it gets straightened out but it really torques me because out of the last 3 years he has only claimed a total of about 4 to 6 weeks of UE the ENTIRE 3 years because he basically has to be off an entire week to do it. If he works even 2 days in a week he doesn't qualify. If he works one he gets like 100 bucks! It's REALLY stupid but then they also did it to so they would have him not working and then work him like a day here and a day there and then he wouldn't qualify so basically he was pretty much out of work for almost 3 months at the beginning of this year but we could never file because we had a 2 week waiting period then it never worked out. So now THIS is just really irritating. I mean he is the main bread winner and when he is bringing home NO money or maybe 100 bucks that is NOT going to pay our bills! SO annoying. Sometimes I wish his shop would just lay him off all together so he could just collect it weekly and be done with it. This 1 week here and 1 week there and having to open a new claim every time really screws us!

Anyway sorry to get off on a tanget LOL. I know you are really excited and I am really sorry that you didn't get more donations. I think it is really awesome what you are doing and like you said every dollar counts so I am sure they will be happy to get whatever you HAVE collected!!

I am off to work today but I hope you and everyone else on here has a great day!!

Thanx Kelly!!! They'll be happy with the donations we've gotten so far, I know the family was excited to get a t-shirt so they basically could advertise for next year (also a pride thing).....I really didn't think $150 per adult would be an issue but it definitely has become so.

Unemployment stinks!!! Nuf Said......... :headache:

:woohoo: Mike passed the Food Handler's 2 test that he needed to officially be named the new Meat Manager at the Corvallis Safeway! :woohoo: He will start in his new position on Sunday. This Safeway is a non-union store, so his wages are higher & the medical benefits actually look better. Ty & Derek will get full coverage until they're 26 (including vision & dental).....both boys need dental work done & it's been forever since we had dental coverage. Mike had to go to work after driving up to Portland to take the test & is closing....so a very long day for him.....but today is now his LAST closing shift!!! :yay: Tomorrow he opens (go figure.....lol) & then Friday he works 10-7.....then he'll be all done at that store.

I finally got around to cancelling our HoJo's ressies....I hadn't done that yet....even after we decided to switch to the PPH. I kept it just in case the check was later in coming in & didn't want to be left with no where to stay. Now we're not going until Feb....so it was TIME to let that ressie go......lol

I go back on the 30th but I have registration tomorrow. :sad2:

Are you not looking forward to going back?? By this time in the summer....I was looking forward to getting back & seeing friends. My kids are definitely ready to go back (I think I may be more excited for that to happen...lol) :rotfl:

Are you not looking forward to going back?? By this time in the summer....I was looking forward to getting back & seeing friends. My kids are definitely ready to go back (I think I may be more excited for that to happen...lol) :rotfl:

I want to see my friends but I miss my BFF that I met on my Disney Cruise. She is from New Jersey.

WOW!!! I'm so glad you had a good time & made a great friend!! What did you think about the cruise?? Did you like it?? Favorite thing you did or saw. Good food??? Did you do the teen area on the ship??

I've seen lots of promotional videos on the cruises & all the stuff they offer.....looks awesome!! Just don't think the twins could handle all of that yet & I'm not sure the kid centers would know how to deal with the girls, the autism & the mental delays.

WOW!!! I'm so glad you had a good time & made a great friend!! What did you think about the cruise?? Did you like it?? Favorite thing you did or saw. Good food??? Did you do the teen area on the ship??

I've seen lots of promotional videos on the cruises & all the stuff they offer.....looks awesome!! Just don't think the twins could handle all of that yet & I'm not sure the kid centers would know how to deal with the girls, the autism & the mental delays.

I loved it!! It's hard to decide what my favorite things were. There was good food and we had the best serving team ever!! Yes, I did the teen area and I went a total of eight times.

Laurie I said this on FB but congrats on Mike passing his test and that is awesome about the better health care! That is one thing that I hope sticks around because I really hope that no matter WHAT happens my kids will be able to maintain health care for a long time that way. I know how hard it is to get when you are young and unless you are lucky enough like I was to get a job in an office type job it is REALLY hard. Katy wants to be a chef but no matter what both my girls will probably go to some type of college till they are at least 22 or possibly a bit older and since they probably will just have jobs at like fast food or that type of thing they will def need health care. That was one part of the law I was happy about!

Shane is STILL off work and we filed for UE for this week but we still haven't heard back on his overpayment claim and haven't gotten a claim for this week yet so it will be interesting to see what happens with that too!

Been missing you on here! Kept watching to see if you were going to post. Seems like all the threads have been kind of dead. Everyone must be kind of busy right now. Hope all is great with you and I am sure you are getting excited for the walk next weekend!!

We have our seeding tournament for soccer that day so that will be interesting. That determines where we fall in ranking with the other teams and who we will play throughout the season.

As for school Shelby is really excited and has always loved school and can't wait to start. We won't find out her teacher till the first day and it has always been a fun thing for us because they let the parents come on campus and walk around with the kids and I usually get to visit with my other parent friends and meet her teacher and I take pics of her and her friends so it will be a fun day. Plus a bit sentimental since it is the first year that she will be there alone without Katy and it is her LAST year there.

It will be weird too dropping off Katy at the jr high and not being able to go in with her. I know she is probably REALLY nervous but I am sure she will do GREAT!

Anyway that is what is new with me.

Hope you are well and hope to talk to you soon!! Have a GREAT day!

Hi Kelly!!!!

Never feel like you have to wait for me to post.....if you post, I'll respond!!

I'm sure Katy will do fine....especially when she starts seeing her friends there.....so exciting to be making the big move into Jr/Middle school!!!! Shelby's first day sounds like fun too. They post teachers here the Friday before Labor Day. Some parents go at the start of school, but most kids just wish they'd go home......lol

Good luck to the girls with their soccer seeding!! :banana:

We're excited for the walk.....hoping to have cooler weather that day.....we're supposed to get into the upper 80's/90 by this weekend...yuck!! The walk is in the morning, but would like it cool & comfortable.

Sure hope you get Shanes UE figured out.......such a pain!

Yeah I am sure some kids probably don't like the parents going to the school either although so far I have been pretty lucky and my kids have always liked me to go and see their classrooms, meet their teachers etc. I do a lot of volunteering and such and all the kids know me so I don't "embarrass" them too much LOL. I am usually at the school quite a bit throughout the year anyway and I am pretty anxious to go and see who she gets as well. Luckily we found out at least who the two possibilities are and we like them both so either way should be good for her!

And as for Katy I am sure she will do fine too. I just know that the whole part of going to the locker and getting from class to class is a bit nerve wracking for her. She has been having trouble figuring out her lock but hopefully she will get it down once she has had to do it a couple hundred times LOL. Plus she has PE first period. Nothing like having to strip in front of a bunch of other kids first thing. Although they probably won't have to the first day cuz invariably there are probably kids who won't have brought their clothes.

Thanks about Shane's UE stuff. It is just SO frustrating and I guess a BUNCH of people at his shop have been having issues. Apparently the shop is reporting his wages incorrectly which is setting off red flags on a bunch of people's pay. So it is a big mess.

We had a big blow up this weekend too and I don't want to get into it on here but let's just say things are NOT good! I had to go to my parents house and we are all back at our place for now but I have an apt on Fri to speak with someone if you know what I mean. I don't have a whole lot of options still and that is pretty much the determination that we all came up with the other day when we all talked it out at my parents place but I am hoping at this meeting I can find out more of at least where I stand. It doesn't help that he is off work right now and in my face. I will just be glad when he goes back to work and the kids are in school and hopefully I can figure out what's next!

Good luck on the weather!

Ours has been fairly mild for us for this time of year. I am looking forward to the fall though. It is my new fav time of year and I just hope with all the other stresses I have right now that I can actually enjoy it!

Just tell Katy she's not alone when it comes to figuring out the locks on the lockers.....the first week is usually the worst & then she'll have it down. PE first period....yuck....what's the point of showering & doing your hair before going to school.....I'd be tempted to show up in PJ's......lol :lmao:

I used to volunteer at the schools & really miss it....I think if I could, Anthony would like school better & maybe some of the problem kids would back off of him.....but there's no way I can do it with the twins. Maybe in the mornings once they get going too....but I may be having a party to celebrate my freedom!!! :rotfl:

If all the employees go in with their paystubs & they don't match the business books....they'll be in HUGE trouble!! Make sure you keep every single one of them & fight it tooth & nail.

Sorry to hear that things got that bad.....hang in there!! :hug: I'm sure you're taking the brunt of his frustration in lack of employment, but you both need to remember it's not either of your faults......you need to pull together to get thru the tough times. Unfortunately, it's too easy to take those frustrations out on each other. I hope things can smooth out for all your sakes!!

Kody still cannot do a classic combination lock and she is a senior. Not everyone can do them. I used to have terrible problems with them myself.

Kody still cannot do a classic combination lock and she is a senior. Not everyone can do them. I used to have terrible problems with them myself.

:rotfl: They're a pain & the ones on school lockers are just bad........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter