DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

That's kind of what I figured and I had hoped you would start this one right away. You and I are SO much alike. With all the other crapola in life these things give us something fun and positive to think about and plan and it kind of takes away from all the other BS. So glad you did this and I KNOW how dissapointed you are about the other trip and I am still thinking good thoughts that some miracle will happen but at least you have this as a backup now and no matter WHAT you are going on the ladies trip either way!!

And I have my Nov trip to look forward to. Honestly I think seeing you and some of my other diva friends would be more fun then my nov trip but it's all I've got so I will take it because after that one I think now it won't be till NEXT fall that we get back there. Mom really wants to do something else for our summer trip next year and of course EVERYTHING hinges on what happens to me personally. If I end up working I won't prob even be ABLE to go on any more trips for awhile. But again depending on what happens she is wanting to maybe do a cruise or some other trip and with Katy's fair stuff and then swim we prob won't take any other trips in the summer.

So then we would prob hold off till fall or xmas break to go back to DL. Which in a way I think may be better cuz then it won't be RIGHT after everything opens AND I love the holidays anyway!! ;)

That's kind of what I figured and I had hoped you would start this one right away. You and I are SO much alike. With all the other crapola in life these things give us something fun and positive to think about and plan and it kind of takes away from all the other BS. So glad you did this and I KNOW how dissapointed you are about the other trip and I am still thinking good thoughts that some miracle will happen but at least you have this as a backup now and no matter WHAT you are going on the ladies trip either way!!

And I have my Nov trip to look forward to. Honestly I think seeing you and some of my other diva friends would be more fun then my nov trip but it's all I've got so I will take it because after that one I think now it won't be till NEXT fall that we get back there. Mom really wants to do something else for our summer trip next year and of course EVERYTHING hinges on what happens to me personally. If I end up working I won't prob even be ABLE to go on any more trips for awhile. But again depending on what happens she is wanting to maybe do a cruise or some other trip and with Katy's fair stuff and then swim we prob won't take any other trips in the summer.

So then we would prob hold off till fall or xmas break to go back to DL. Which in a way I think may be better cuz then it won't be RIGHT after everything opens AND I love the holidays anyway!! ;)

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about next summer chaos with CarsLand opening.....I wouldn't want to be there during that.....even next fall will probably be extra busy because of it.

I would love to go to DL twice a year, but I don't see that ever happening, so as long as I get a yearly trip in, I'll be happy. I just feel bad that the kids didn't get there this year....which is why we planned the trip in the first place. But if we can tie our yearly trip into the Girl's Trip, I'll be able to continue to go to that. This year won't be a problem because of the adoption credit....but a little concerned about the following years that our taxes get back in time to pay for that trip. End of Feb is really pushing it to have them back in time & without the refunds, we don't have the money to go.

Yeah I know what you mean. I usually like to use our refund as well and the last few years I BARELY got it in time. In fact I had to pay for most everything ahead of time on my cc and then just pay it off when I got the refund.

Plus with shane having to get UE they always wait till the LAST possible minute to give him the info which means we usually can't even FILE till mid FEB :(

Yeah I know what you mean. I usually like to use our refund as well and the last few years I BARELY got it in time. In fact I had to pay for most everything ahead of time on my cc and then just pay it off when I got the refund.

Plus with shane having to get UE they always wait till the LAST possible minute to give him the info which means we usually can't even FILE till mid FEB :(

I'm finding most places pushing that January 31 deadline....very rarely do we have our forms before the 3-4th of Feb. I wish they would make the deadline earlier in January.........but I don't see them changing things/policies just for me & my comfort level....... :lmao:

I know. Everyone always says I should change my withholdings so we get it back during the year and the government doesn't get to keep our money all year but the problem is when we tried that in the past we always cut it too close and ended up owing. In fact in 09 because CA is so broke they changed the state taxes and eventhough we claim 0 we still OWED! They took out the max amt in taxes and we still OWED! Then last year I thought we would for SURE owe since we had one less dependant but since he made 20,000 LESS we actually got a little back! But now this year he has been on UE so much that who knows what is going to happen. And his checks are so random that it is too hard to predict and just easier to keep it the same and get a refund.

Plus I look at it as a forced savings plan. As much as I could use the money during the year it is always nice to get a refund and have the money to pay bills or if we are REALLY lucky use for a trip!

We used to get almost 6000 but with 1 less dependant and making less we are lucky to get 2 or 3 and the last few years it ALL went to bills :(

I know. Everyone always says I should change my withholdings so we get it back during the year and the government doesn't get to keep our money all year but the problem is when we tried that in the past we always cut it too close and ended up owing. In fact in 09 because CA is so broke they changed the state taxes and eventhough we claim 0 we still OWED! They took out the max amt in taxes and we still OWED! Then last year I thought we would for SURE owe since we had one less dependant but since he made 20,000 LESS we actually got a little back! But now this year he has been on UE so much that who knows what is going to happen. And his checks are so random that it is too hard to predict and just easier to keep it the same and get a refund.

Plus I look at it as a forced savings plan. As much as I could use the money during the year it is always nice to get a refund and have the money to pay bills or if we are REALLY lucky use for a trip!

We used to get almost 6000 but with 1 less dependant and making less we are lucky to get 2 or 3 and the last few years it ALL went to bills :(

We have an extra $10 pulled for state & federal from Mike's checks to make sure we don't owe & we've qualified income wise for the Earned Child Credit (?) & that's the one we get a hefty refund from.....next year with Mike's new job.....not sure how we'll fare....but this year's income should still qualify us. Hopefully I'll be able to put money in a savings to start building trip funds!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOO on paying bills with the bonus money!!!! :headache:

I am kind of hoping to go next June on a family trip and I had not even factored in Carsland. No!!! I cannot be there for anther busy opening. We were there when WoC opened. Yuck. No!!

Laurie I posted this great picture I got off of my twitter feed on the chat thread. You need to go see it!!

I am kind of hoping to go next June on a family trip and I had not even factored in Carsland. No!!! I cannot be there for anther busy opening. We were there when WoC opened. Yuck. No!!

Laurie I posted this great picture I got off of my twitter feed on the chat thread. You need to go see it!!

They haven't said when that will open, I'm sure they're shooting for June....but they've had delays on other big openings.....so maybe you'll get lucky & the crowds will hold off.

I'll head over to chat to check it out!!

They haven't said when that will open, I'm sure they're shooting for June....but they've had delays on other big openings.....so maybe you'll get lucky & the crowds will hold off.

I'll head over to chat to check it out!!

Boy I sure hope you are right.

You want to talk crowds, we are thinking about our next trip being over New Year's Eve in 2012. Crazy I know but the kids have the week AFTER New Year's off school which they only get every so often AND Katy's birthday is on NYE and I always said ONE year I wanted to take her there on her REAL birthday and to see the fireworks. I know it will prob be crazy crowded and we will probably have to get there when it opens and then stay the entire day till midnight. We may have to find a bush somewhere and take a nap LOL cuz I haven't stayed in the parks till after dark much less that late in YEARS! But I REALLY want to do it! Just once!

I also told her ONE day I am going to take her to Times Square too. Just to say we did it. Crazy I know but when your birthday is NYE you gotta do it LOL.

You want to talk crowds, we are thinking about our next trip being over New Year's Eve in 2012. Crazy I know but the kids have the week AFTER New Year's off school which they only get every so often AND Katy's birthday is on NYE and I always said ONE year I wanted to take her there on her REAL birthday and to see the fireworks. I know it will prob be crazy crowded and we will probably have to get there when it opens and then stay the entire day till midnight. We may have to find a bush somewhere and take a nap LOL cuz I haven't stayed in the parks till after dark much less that late in YEARS! But I REALLY want to do it! Just once!

I also told her ONE day I am going to take her to Times Square too. Just to say we did it. Crazy I know but when your birthday is NYE you gotta do it LOL.

You know one thought. If you stay onsite you are guaranteed entry into the parks right? So that way you could go to your room to take a nap and know that you can get back into the park.

YIKES!! New Year's Eve is the busiest day at DL......as much as I'd love to spend it there.....there's absolutely no way!!! We did the 4th of July in 2005 (during the 50th Anniv) & it was wall to wall people all day. You look up Main Street & you couldn't see space between groups of people (and that was before noon). I said, never again!! There's something about the mood of a crowd when you have that many people in one space. Rude, elbowing, stepping in front of you at parades, shoving 5 people in a space maybe big enough for a toddler, etc, etc. I couldn't wait to get back to the motel. We left by 2pm & didn't return. We watched the fireworks from the motel. No one was interested in attempting going back.

Is that true? I thought if they sold out the park no one was guaranteed entry no matter what. If that were the case that would be worth paying whatever the cost just to be guaranteed to get in! Plus since it would be celebrating her birthday it would be fun to be at a Disney hotel. I will have to look into that!!

Is that true? I thought if they sold out the park no one was guaranteed entry no matter what. If that were the case that would be worth paying whatever the cost just to be guaranteed to get in! Plus since it would be celebrating her birthday it would be fun to be at a Disney hotel. I will have to look into that!!

Unless policy has changed, its true. On days that max out, resort guests will still be allowed into the parks.

Yeah I have heard how horrible it is and to be honest normally I would NEVER want to even attempt it but if we go we would be going for the entire week and that day would pretty much be all about Katy's birthday so we would make a dinner ressie somewhere and I would order a cake and otherwise just kind of hang out. We wouldn't even worry about parades or even rides for that matter. Go on what we can and otherwise just kind of "hang" out. Then prob the next day we won't even go to the parks or at least not all day but rather drive up to Pasadena and see the floats.

Yeah I have heard how horrible it is and to be honest normally I would NEVER want to even attempt it but if we go we would be going for the entire week and that day would pretty much be all about Katy's birthday so we would make a dinner ressie somewhere and I would order a cake and otherwise just kind of hang out. We wouldn't even worry about parades or even rides for that matter. Go on what we can and otherwise just kind of "hang" out. Then prob the next day we won't even go to the parks or at least not all day but rather drive up to Pasadena and see the floats.

From what I've read the entire week after Christmas thru New Years Day is a fiasco.......I'd want alternate plans for sure!!

Yeah if we do this we will probably drive down on that Sat the 29th and then maybe go to San Diego or somewhere else on the 30th and then prob DL on the 31st but then prob elsewhere on the 1st also and then spend the rest of the week in the parks. The girls have off school till Jan 8th.

Yeah if we do this we will probably drive down on that Sat the 29th and then maybe go to San Diego or somewhere else on the 30th and then prob DL on the 31st but then prob elsewhere on the 1st also and then spend the rest of the week in the parks. The girls have off school till Jan 8th.

You're so brave......lol :rotfl: I'm not sure I would go even if I won a trip at that time.....I know those crowds would send me into a total panic!! :eek:

We went one year on Christmas day....... it was the busiest I have ever seen it, and I've been on the 4th of July and Thanksgiving! Christmas day by noon, you could not move up Mainstreet. We left a day early, and drove to Vegas and spent the night. It was horrible!

We went one year on Christmas day....... it was the busiest I have ever seen it, and I've been on the 4th of July and Thanksgiving! Christmas day by noon, you could not move up Mainstreet. We left a day early, and drove to Vegas and spent the night. It was horrible!

That sounds like the 4th in 2005......it was like cattle moving in a pen......talk about claustophobia!!!! :scared1: Sounds like the 4th isn't always like that but Christmas season has increased a ton over the last few years. As much as I want to go during that season, I'm also very afraid of the crowds!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter