DIS Dads Meets

Ok guys let me start off by saying sorry for dropping the ball on this.I took on the job of running a major fundraiser for our little league,and it sucked up alot of my time.Plus with little league in full swing I am putting oh say about 40hrs a week in up there.So you can see I have been a little busy.
Where do we stand with this?? can we still pull it off???

We will be at the zoo on the 5th regardless, since I saved the day on the calender my wife said let's go, so if anyone's interested and wants to go that day, I can get 2 adults & 1 child in free:confused3:goodvibes

We are going to be at the zoo on the 5th too. It will be DW and I, my youngest DD and her husband, and maybe my oldest DD and both of the DGK's. Ron, I will pm you my digits. If other Dads would like to join us that would be great.

We are going to be at the zoo on the 5th too. It will be DW and I, my youngest DD and her husband, and maybe my oldest DD and both of the DGK's. Ron, I will pm you my digits. If other Dads would like to join us that would be great.

The Tri-State meet up with Ron and his family was Great. Ron and his family couldn't have been nicer. It was a beautiful day at the Zoo. I'll post pictures when I get home. We want to do this again in Sept-Oct. What days are good for you?

The Tri-State meet up with Ron and his family was Great. Ron and his family couldn't have been nicer. It was a beautiful day at the Zoo. I'll post pictures when I get home. We want to do this again in Sept-Oct. What days are good for you?

Sorry I could not make this one,As I was one of the guys who was putting this together ,and I could not even make it. Sept Oct would be a great time to go.If this goes down I should definitly be able to do this one as there is no baseball here in sept oct( well there is fall ball but that doenst count).

Sorry I could not make this one,As I was one of the guys who was putting this together ,and I could not even make it. Sept Oct would be a great time to go.If this goes down I should definitly be able to do this one as there is no baseball here in sept oct( well there is fall ball but that doenst count).

It looks like we be in WDW Sept 17 & 18, so that weekend is out for us. Other than that we're open.

Here are the pictures from our meet:

The first is Ron and I in front of the balloon.
JuneBirthdaysPhillyZooJodi076.jpg

Here is on of us with our new friend.
JuneBirthdaysPhillyZooJodi113.jpg

Here one of the kids, L- R, my granddaughter Kelsey, my grandson Arron, and Ron's son Hunter.
JuneBirthdaysPhillyZooJodi127.jpg

Last, here is Philly's version of The Back Side Of Water!
JuneBirthdaysPhillyZoo034.jpg

Had the opportunity to meet a fellow DisDad today. Grooovertoo was in Chicago for a conference and met me for lunch.

disdadmeet.JPG

Gooovertoo on the left... me (middlepat) on the right.

Had the opportunity to meet a fellow DisDad today. Grooovertoo was in Chicago for a conference and met me for lunch.

disdadmeet.JPG

Gooovertoo on the left... me (middlepat) on the right.

I like seeing Dads meet up like this...:thumbsup2:thumbsup2I think this is the first time I have seen pic of Dave posted with another DisDad!

any word on what we are doing???? Are we just meeting at the game??? are we meeting up ahead of time????? whats the word?????

any word on what we are doing???? Are we just meeting at the game??? are we meeting up ahead of time????? whats the word?????

I'm open to ideas. It is hard to meet around the Stadium because it is so damn big. I was there last night with some guys from my hockey team. I got there on the wrong side of the stadium and had to walk all the way around - it took like 10 minutes to find them even with cell phones. We met at a Gate and went in to get food before going to our seats. We should definitely give ourselves enough time to get food and beverages.

If we are going to meet outside, the tickets are closest to Gate 6. Otherwise, we could meet at the seats around 6:15-6:30 which gives us enough time for food, drink, pix, chatting, etc. before game time.

Chris

So far Tim and I are going to meet up around 4:30ish to get a beverage before the game, we are goint to try and park in the same lot.Then we will decide on what to do for some food.Chris and Carl 2 (LOL) let us know what your plans are.

So far Tim and I are going to meet up around 4:30ish to get a beverage before the game, we are goint to try and park in the same lot.Then we will decide on what to do for some food.Chris and Carl 2 (LOL) let us know what your plans are.

Trying to get there around 5:45-6:00. I will text you or Tim and we can meet before the game.

Chris

Once again, thanks Chris (Clear Screen) for the ticket to the game... although I didn't use your ticket.... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

As I was walking to the car I thought I should of offered you a ride back to your car so you wouldn't have to take the train. Carl and I stopped for a beer before we headed out. It was a beautiful night for a game. Too bad the Yankees played like garbage but we did see Jeter get one more hit towards 3,000. popcorn::

Carl- It was great seeing you again. Good call not hitting the GW... man, there was a lot of traffic on there. pirate:

Carl#2- It was nice meeting you too! Hope you had a relaxing train ride home.

Tim

Another successful meet takes place!!:thumbsup2 The biggest Dis Dad meet outside of Disney so far! :thumbsup2 Chris thanks for getting us the tickets. :) I got into the stadium area early and Tim and I were supposed to meet up for a beverage and some food before the game. Well lets say someone was running late because he was playing a game of hide and seek with his ticket (now remember I just said I was here early so without mentioning names I think you can guess who was running late :rotfl2:). Well after a few messages back and forth,Tim and I were finally able to meet up before the game. We had a few beverages and chatted for a bit,then headed into the game. How we got in I will let Tim explain lol.
We get to our seats and meet up with Chris (clearscreen) and Carl (carlnix30). Chris donated the tickets for this game( again thank you Chris). Well it didn't take long into the game and guess what conversation came up ? Well Well did you guess:confused3:lmao: that's right we talked about women :rotfl2: just kidding we talked about Disney of course.After the Disney chat we did get into some personal chat. OH and yes even with all the chat on the Dis and FB we still had things to talk about.It was good to get to meet some of you guys outside of Disney,(go figure Carl we are miles apart everyday and it take Ny for us to meet up).
I know I know you guys are saying pics or it didn't happen. Well Carl N has the pic and he will get it here soon.I got a pic but it only has three of in it cause Carl had to get out a little early to catch the train..
Oh and who would have ever thought a Phillies fan would go to a Yankees game and hear Kate Smiths God bless America,Then see our Rocky, soundtrack and video on the big screen???:confused3 Luckily Chris was there to explain we were not at a Flyers game:rotfl2:
well after the game Chris had 20 mins to catch his train so he had to run. Tim and I went to sit down :lmao::rotfl2: and get a beverage. After the traffic died down it was time to head home.

So to sum it up it was a good time.I really enjoyed getting to know you guys better, and this is something we will have to do again( even if we have to pay for the tickets :rotfl2:) And one more time a Thanks goes out to Chris for setting this up:thumbsup2
Maybe we can do somethng like this somewhere else,with the number of guys we have we should always be able to get a small group of us together!

Once again, thanks Chris (Clear Screen) for the ticket to the game... although I didn't use your ticket.... :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

As I was walking to the car I thought I should of offered you a ride back to your car so you wouldn't have to take the train. Carl and I stopped for a beer before we headed out. It was a beautiful night for a game. Too bad the Yankees played like garbage but we did see Jeter get one more hit towards 3,000. popcorn::

Carl- It was great seeing you again. Good call not hitting the GW... man, there was a lot of traffic on there. pirate:

Carl#2- It was nice meeting you too! Hope you had a relaxing train ride home.

Tim

Another successful meet takes place!!:thumbsup2 The biggest Dis Dad meet outside of Disney so far! :thumbsup2 Chris thanks for getting us the tickets. :) I got into the stadium area early and Tim and I were supposed to meet up for a beverage and some food before the game. Well lets say someone was running late because he was playing a game of hide and seek with his ticket (now remember I just said I was here early so without mentioning names I think you can guess who was running late :rotfl2:). Well after a few messages back and forth,Tim and I were finally able to meet up before the game. We had a few beverages and chatted for a bit,then headed into the game. How we got in I will let Tim explain lol.
We get to our seats and meet up with Chris (clearscreen) and Carl (carlnix30). Chris donated the tickets for this game( again thank you Chris). Well it didn't take long into the game and guess what conversation came up ? Well Well did you guess:confused3:lmao: that's right we talked about women :rotfl2: just kidding we talked about Disney of course.After the Disney chat we did get into some personal chat. OH and yes even with all the chat on the Dis and FB we still had things to talk about.It was good to get to meet some of you guys outside of Disney,(go figure Carl we are miles apart everyday and it take Ny for us to meet up).
I know I know you guys are saying pics or it didn't happen. Well Carl N has the pic and he will get it here soon.I got a pic but it only has three of in it cause Carl had to get out a little early to catch the train..
Oh and who would have ever thought a Phillies fan would go to a Yankees game and hear Kate Smiths God bless America,Then see our Rocky, soundtrack and video on the big screen???:confused3 Luckily Chris was there to explain we were not at a Flyers game:rotfl2:
well after the game Chris had 20 mins to catch his train so he had to run. Tim and I went to sit down :lmao::rotfl2: and get a beverage. After the traffic died down it was time to head home.

So to sum it up it was a good time.I really enjoyed getting to know you guys better, and this is something we will have to do again( even if we have to pay for the tickets :rotfl2:) And one more time a Thanks goes out to Chris for setting this up:thumbsup2
Maybe we can do somethng like this somewhere else,with the number of guys we have we should always be able to get a small group of us together!

You guys are very welcome and I had a great time too. I would have loved to stay for an after-game beverage. We'll do that next time. I'm glad you enjoyed it despite the Yankees lousy play. We did see Jeter's 2998th hit.

Chris

groovertoomeet.jpg

Good food and good company! Groovertoo (Dave), me and my DS Robin enjoying some wings. Dave your a great guy thanks for the meet and greet!!

DisDad.jpg

Mark and Norm meet in Louisville by the water jets. There was a warning posted about extra hydrogen in the water. I really do have arms, but they disappeared from this picture.

Mark is a great guy with a terrific family - even if he is an Eagles fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter