Dirty Dancing TV Movie Remake

[QUOTE="StitchesGr8Fan, post: 57650171, member: 245658" I was most disappointed by the dancing. Either the choreographer was terrible or had to dumb down the dances to match the abilities of the dancers.[/QUOTE]

I saw an interview with her and she said that she was not a dancer and had to learn everything for it. That's not a recipe for success, in my opinion

While I generally agree with this:

Seriously, not every movie needs to be remade.

I did enjoy this one. The music brings back memories of a particularly good "time of my life." (Sorry, couldn't resist there.:duck:)

I did think Johnny was seriously miscast, but I liked everyone else, especially Lisa.

I never saw the Havana one.

While I generally agree with this:
I did enjoy this one. The music brings back memories of a particularly good "time of my life." (Sorry, couldn't resist there.:duck:)
I did think Johnny was seriously miscast, but I liked everyone else, especially Lisa.
I never saw the Havana one.

I ended up watching the rest of it... I agree, they did a nice job developing the character of Lisa. You could see her growth during the movie. And she was well-cast.

Does anyone think they made Neil a lot more likable in this remake? Obviously, he had an issue with Johnny, but he really seemed to "get" Baby, and they shared a lot of the same views. In the original, he was not likable at all. In this version, I found myself thinking, "She chose the wrong guy." The lack of chemistry between Baby and Johnny really hurt the whole movie.

The original is possibly my favorite movie ever - definitely top 3. At the time I saw it in the theater 7 times. I have seen it at home dozens of times since.

I dvr'd the remake and I wasn't going to watch, but I couldn't help myself. I was just too curious. I got almost half way through. It really is bad.

I like most of the casting, except Baby and Johnny, unfortunately. The two that mattered most.

I strongly dislike the added story line of the parents personal life. I didn't get to see the rest of the story about Lisa, so not sure how that turned out.

Seriously, not every movie needs to be remade.

I feel bad for Debra Messing. She seems like a really nice person. I saw her in a brief interview about the movie, and she was really excited about it, as well as her role (the mother of "Baby" I guess). I'd like to echo what someone else wrote. They can't come up with new movie ideas? They need to do remakes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter