Dirty Dancing TV Movie Remake

I DVR'd it, but based on what the reviews online are saying, I may just delete it.

Did you watch? You like?

DW watched it and I wandered in a few times and caught a few bits. I wasn't impressed at what I saw, and DW said it was an overall disappointment.

I never saw the original movie (chick flick), so I have no basis for comparison.

Nope. I hated the first one. I hated the Havana one. I highly doubt I will like this one. My friends who loved the original were furious at this one. Some movies you just can't remake. Patrick Swazye was too iconic. Just leave it as is.

Nope. I hated the first one. I hated the Havana one. I highly doubt I will like this one. My friends who loved the original were furious at this one. Some movies you just can't remake. Patrick Swazye was too iconic. Just leave it as is.

The Havana one?

I did not like this remake at all. I really enjoyed the original though.

I hate that I wasted an hour of my life watching it before I turned it off! The original movie was awesome - have watched it probably 100 times or more, I was able to get tickets to one of the traveling Broadway productions last year and enjoyed it very much, last nights show wasn't worthy of the title "Dirty Dancing"

While I don't doubt this remake was as putrid as I've been hearing, I'm LOL-ing at many of the comments I've been reading elsewhere. Some people seem to be personally offended. And they're calling the original piece-of-crap movie "a classic," "iconic," "best movie of the 80's," and the remake is "an insult to Patrick Swayze," "he's turning over in his grave," etc.

I didn't watch, but I noticed it was trending on Twitter and followed along. Good thing I didn't wash, but the tweets were hilarious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter