• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner vs. Dessert

I'm not a fan of the Toffee cake. It's more like a big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and topping. I was expecting something more like Sticky Toffee Pudding on our first lunch there and it was nothing like Sticky Toffee Pudding.
True, Rose & Crown has the "official" Sticky Toffee Pudding but the cake too often is dry with not enough sticky toffee! And no ice cream to boot

I'd rather have whipped cream with my Sticky Toffee Pudding.
:offtopic: Sorry off topic, but do you have a Trader Joe's near you, they have a frozen one, you heat it in the microwave a few minutes and invert it unto a plate, sinfully good and moist!

Thanks for all of the feedback. I can't change the reservation - no other ADR times are available. I snagged the one I did yesterday just because I hadn't originally planned on it, and then started reading some endorsements and reviews on this forum. We plan on going to Columbia House - so if they are similar, we'll skip LTT.

Basically, we are doing QSRs mostly. Chef Mickey, Biergarten (maybe) and BOG lunch mixed in. I just don't want to leave WDW and have missed anything. I KNOW THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. ;) But you know what I mean - just trying to cram in all of the must-do's.

I thought if we could do a "dinner" reservation (it does say that on my current res), then I could just stop in for a drink or dessert and avoid the pricey meals. We're spending our extra $ on the MVMCP and an extended amount of park days, so like everyone, we need to prioritize and cut costs where we can.

If LTT isn't worth it, by all means tell me! :)

Thanks for all of the feedback. I can't change the reservation - no other ADR times are available. I snagged the one I did yesterday just because I hadn't originally planned on it, and then started reading some endorsements and reviews on this forum. We plan on going to Columbia House - so if they are similar, we'll skip LTT.

Basically, we are doing QSRs mostly. Chef Mickey, Biergarten (maybe) and BOG lunch mixed in. I just don't want to leave WDW and have missed anything. I KNOW THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. ;) But you know what I mean - just trying to cram in all of the must-do's.

I thought if we could do a "dinner" reservation (it does say that on my current res), then I could just stop in for a drink or dessert and avoid the pricey meals. We're spending our extra $ on the MVMCP and an extended amount of park days, so like everyone, we need to prioritize and cut costs where we can.

It's fun and I love the location of LTT in liberty square but it's not on our must do list when we go. If you are trying to watch your dollars and going to the party that night, you could skip it and just do quick service at Pecos Bills which is just around the corner in Adventure land. You can get a full meal and save money in the process. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I love some restaurants that a lot of DISers would say stink and vice versa so it's really personal opinion. LTT is good food and historic americana theming which is fun but it's not one of my favorites.

"Worth" is subjective. We like the food at LTT, and usually go there every other trip or so.

But, the bottom line is that if you're only interested in going in for drinks and dessert, you'll have to pay $37.28 per adult and $20.24 per child to do so during the time frame you've reserved. The restaurant is family style service only for dinner, and everyone is charged full dinner price...no matter how much or how little they eat.

Subjective or not, no dessert on property is worth that.

As all PP's have mentioned, dessert is not an a al carte option during LTT dinner times, so you can't just order dessert during dinner hours. If you'd like a full meal, consider keeping the reservation. If you just want to try dessert, I would keep checking for a lunch time ADR or go to a different restaurant. The inside of LTT is nothing special, IMHO. Skippers is a little more interesting if that appeals to you at all. They have an a la carte menu for both lunch and dinner. Honestly, if you miss LTT, you haven't missed anything.

I'm not a fan of the Toffee cake. It's more like a big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and topping. I was expecting something more like Sticky Toffee Pudding on our first lunch there and it was nothing like Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Me too. I make better cookie bars than that one.

I am not sure it is worth it if you are nto interested in the meal itself. Personally, if I wanted a fun meal, this is not the one I would choose. In the MK, Make an ADF for Skipper Canteen, order what you want to eat, and have a ball!

I might consider Diamond Horseshoe now that the menu is changing. This id one pretty room, and used to have a show (I htink it was a dinner show.) The menu is supposed to change on the 16th and looks pretty nice to me, with ala carte dining and all you care to enjoy platters as well. You can control your bill and dine in a unique setting.

Columbia Harbor House menu is entirely different, however the ambiance is much the same. The food is good, the meals are substantial, and your bill will be well within your control.

Okay - so the dessert only option is definitely out. If we keep the ADR, we'll eat a full mid-day meal. Thanks for the info - you guys are an awesome resource.

I'm leaning toward canceling though.

Thanks!
erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter