• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner vs. Dessert

MickeyFan!

Earning My Ears
I made 3:15 reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern on 11/11. It's a dinner reservation, but I really want to go just to experience the inside. Can we (party of 7 - 4 adults + 3 kids) just order drinks and/or dessert? Or do they require us to order a meal?

Thanks!

I have never been required to order anything in a Disney restaurant and while I can't say that none of us have ordered an entree, we have definitely been in a situation where one or more of us just orders an appetizer and/or a drink. I think you will be fine.

I have never been required to order anything in a Disney restaurant and while I can't say that none of us have ordered an entree, we have definitely been in a situation where one or more of us just orders an appetizer and/or a drink. I think you will be fine.

Have you not ever been to a buffet or all-you-care-to-eat meal or a F! dining package meal at Disney? I guess technically you could still be correct as you aren't required to order anything at such meals, but if you sit at the table, you'll be CHARGED for the said meal whether you eat it or not. OP will NOT be fine at a dinner ADR for LTT as it is a fixed price family style meal.

*IF* it's during a "dinner" meal period, LTT is a family style, aycte meal...meaning you'll be charged for 7 full meals, assuming everyone is age 3 or over.

There is no a la carte pricing during the dinner meal period at LTT.
This is correct. If your ADR is during "dinner", you'll all be charged the all-you-can-eat price. I'd make an ADR for lunch instead. That way you can order only dessert and drinks if thats all you want. :)

I made 3:15 reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern on 11/11. It's a dinner reservation, but I really want to go just to experience the inside. Can we (party of 7 - 4 adults + 3 kids) just order drinks and/or dessert? Or do they require us to order a meal?

Thanks!
Should the atmosphere intrigue you try the Williamsburg, VA area or further up north in the New England/Mid Atlantic regions where George Washington slept everywhere:).

You could just move your time up a little bit and go during lunch service, which is a la carte and then you can order as much or as little as you want.

For a dinner reservation each member of the party would be charged for the full meal. LTT really isn't all that exciting inside. You could literally walk into the waiting area of the restaurant and look into the areas with the tables and see all there is to see. Totally not worth it to even order drinks and dessert if you just want to see the inside.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right restaurant? There really isn't anything particularly special about the inside of LTT.
Who cares about the inside, but at a late lunch time you can order Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake w/ ice-cream and coffee, nice break from the heat. We skip the meal... that cake is so good. Never do dinner, caf food.

The op did say it was a dinner reservation...in which case there is no ooey gooey toffee cake.
But no matter if lunch or dinner, Columbia Harbor doesn’t have The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. And they do serve it at LLT at dinner.

But no matter if lunch or dinner, Columbia Harbor doesn’t have The Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. And they do serve it at LLT at dinner.
Awesome! Last time we ate there for dinner it was some fruit cobbler. Bleach.

Awesome! Last time we ate there for dinner it was some fruit cobbler. Bleach.
Don't hold me to it, it's on their menu... but I haven't done LTT for dinner in 10 years. I like lunch only... pot roast, cake and then resort for NAP.

If you just want to go in, move your ADR dinner to a late ADR lunch and then it's not a price fixed menu and you can order what you want. We are notorious for ordering only one or two meals and doing the rest as apps or just sharing. We've never had a server say anything and most times they offer to bring extra plates to share. My only suggestion, order the toffee cake, it's so so good. And they do serve it at lunch. We did a 3:15pm (was lunch ADR the day we were there) and we got burgers, soup, salads and cake. And if you are a little hungry, their chicken noodle soup is really good too.

It's a dinner reservation,
Definilty change to a lunch time as they do have the al la cart menu. So doing say a salad drinks and dessert would be fine. One PP said there is nothing special in LTT, but if you do stop and look around it really is an interesting restaurant. We had lunch there this past April, we did do the AYCTE and the ooey gooy toffy cake is a must try. We are planning just what you are mentioning for November, just a light lunch (apps or salad) and getting the dessert.

I'm not a fan of the Toffee cake. It's more like a big chocolate chip cookie with ice cream and topping. I was expecting something more like Sticky Toffee Pudding on our first lunch there and it was nothing like Sticky Toffee Pudding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter