Dining Reservation Recommendations

Jhp8

Earning My Ears
Looking for recommendations for a couple sit down restaurants for dinner please (or maybe 1 breakfast with characters and 1 dinner). My wife and I have been to Disneyworld before (although not recently) but we have never done reservations or a sit down place. Our party is me, my wife, and my 2 sons (on the trip they will be 5 and 2). Me and my sons are picky eaters so we would be looking for something that had a good kids menu and nothing that is too adventurous for me.

We are about 70 days out now for our trip so we probably need something that would be feasible for getting reservations. Any suggestions?

A character breakfast would be fun, and the food traditional. Crystal palace at MK is great and has pooh characters. Tusker house at ak has Mickey.....

Will you be in the parks that day? Do you have certain parks picked out already or will you be eating at resorts?

Will you be in the parks that day? Do you have certain parks picked out already or will you be eating at resorts?
Yes, we will be in the parks but are open to resort restaurants. We will be in all 4 parks at various times and can arrange our schedule around dinner reservations.

Yes, we will be in the parks but are open to resort restaurants. We will be in all 4 parks at various times and can arrange our schedule around dinner reservations.
Ah ok that makes more sense. We haven’t eaten at tons of restaurants but these are the ones we’ve liked most: ohana (Polynesian), nine dragons (Epcot), beaches and cream (beach club), Cinderella’s royal table (mk), sci fi dine in (hs)

Agree with Tusker House and Crystal Palace.
the other suggestion would be Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion in EPCOT.

Read the menus online and make choices based on interest. It's hard for any of us to know what you consider a good kids' menu or less adventurous for you as an adult.
You can come back then and ask questions about your edited choices:).

Crystal Palace breakfast! We all enjoy the food selection here (DH gives the food high marks :-) ), the setting is pretty and the characters are fun. My guys are not big on eating first thing, so we like to have a late breakfast reservation and hit some rides before we eat.

Garden Grill at Epcot is a fun character breakfast with really good food. For dinner, the boys might like T-Rex at Disney Springs.

Here's my thoughts,

Character breakfast - Chef Mickey at CR, Tusker House at AK, Crystal Palace at MK

Character Dinner - Tusker House at AK - Garden Grill at Epcot - Hollywood and Vine DHS

Epcot -
Corral Reef
- this is a nice relaxing spot to enjoy dinner, with a wonderful view into the "Living Seas" the all the seating is stadium style facing the under the sea life, so all seat are great... the kids will love all the fishes, sharks, turtles... We have eaten here several times with our grandson, around the same age as your boys... he loves it... food and service have always been on point for us...

Teppan Edo in Japan is another action dinning location... and the kids love it... Food and Service are spot on... from start to finish...

Magic Kingdom

The Plaza - We like to have lunch here, they serve sandwiches, and really good milk shakes... its a nice break from the parks without leaving the park

BOG - for dinner so that they can meet the Beast... We haven't been since they changed the menu.. it's really something inside, you feel like your in the movie...

Animal Kingdom -

Rainforest Cafe which there is one on site at AK, is a great spot to have lunch or dinner...as well they serve breakfast( only at the AK location) while not character it is well themed, and super fun... You can enter from either outside or inside the park...Portions are quite large here...

Yak & Yeti - It's been a while since we dined here, and it has a large menu... and we 2 people with food allergies, which they accommodated with no problem, the noodles were really good.

Hollywood Studios

SCI- FI
- super fun eating in the car, and the B rated movies... Hamburgers, Sandwiches, and another spot for really good milk shakes...

Mama Melrose's - food and service have been on point each visit, DH really enjoys the Chicken parm... and I like the Shrimp and pasta dish...

Disney Springs

Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex Cafe - is our grandson's favorite place to eat, he loves all the dino's at T-REX... he is Dino crazy he will be 4 at the end of this month... everything is about dino's...

There are so many new options at Disney Springs... to choose from...

As a suggestion spend some time really checking out the menus... Make your ADR's so you can get what you want...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter