dining log stardate 2023.01.23 to 2023.02.01

That Enchanted Rose drink was not my final food purchase this trip; that honor goes to a $5.99 Dole Whip soft serve swirl I did not take a picture of.

I have a few things to upload at some point but my Disney trip is over. I am now at an unnamed beach town in Pinellas County on the second half of my trip. I managed to get done most of the stuff I wanted to get done but it was tough sometimes, jamming meals too close to each other. But I suppose that is the tradeoff when you're trying to knock things off your list and you only have so many days.

Thanks to everyone who followed this thread.

What a phenomenal report! I have so enjoyed reading through it this morning. You had some fantastic meals. A few random comments -- I think Flying Fish is my favorite bar in all of Disney. The bartenders there are incredible. I'm so sad that they made Tutto Gusto into an extension of the restaurant. As a wine bar it was such a great escape from the heat of the day for a small bite. I need to try a walk-up at the bar at California Grill ... love those wontons! So agree on the atmosphere of Steakhouse 71 being akin to a nondescript hotel restaurant. The vintage photos in the entry way are incredible ... wish they'd done more with that in the interior. The onion rings, though, are pretty great. Thanks again for sharing your trip!

Great report all around! You hit so many great spots.

Not begging for a full write up of Takumi-Tei (except I totally am), but any overall impressions of the vegetarian menu? I loved the regular omakase, but was thinking of going back for the vegetarian version for a different experience.

This entry is from Friday, when I switched from the Grand Floridian to the Swan. Really wish the Swolphin was back on the Disney bus lines, having to schlep to the TTC to wait in an unsheltered parking lot for a bus is not at the level of the Disney Resort Experience the Swolphin is supposed to be.

This may be frowned upon by the powers that be, but when I'm staying at Swolphin and going to MK I walk to Boardwalk and take the bus from there.

This is old, but just wanted to thank for sharing the screaming deal that is the $10 burger and fries on STK’s lunch menu. I knew they had a good Happy Hour but didn’t realize even their conventional lunch menu had such a low cost option. Looks
Like I might be wandering over to STK on my next trip :)

Very tardy to the party here but wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this report. Great photos, great commentary, no fluff: just an awesome report that showcased some real gems I don't often see on these boards. Thanks for sharing your report and your dining perspective with us!

I loved reading this - great pictures, concise and to the point. I also love @ElizaDoesDisney does reviews because I also travel solo and love to eat and I love to drink. So you two seem to have similar travel styles to me so I love to see what you chose. I'm glad you had a great trip and may have convinced me to do California Grill my next trip. I'd love to do Tekumi Tei but with only going for 3 park days I'm not sure I can justify the time it takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter