dining log stardate 2023.01.23 to 2023.02.01

justinslot

Mouseketeer
On a solo trip, four nights at Grand Floridian followed by five nights at the Swan. I don't post here that much but I noticed ElizaDoesDisney doing a similar solo dining thread recently so it inspired me to attempt my own. Don't think it will be as good as hers, not sure if I will follow through and post every day, but I will give it a shot.

Attach0_20230124_092820.jpg
Citricos bill from last night. So I had no reservation there, I simply showed up at five and ate at what started off as an empty bar, but was mostly full two hours later. Service was good, food was good though I wasn't super wowed by anything? The chocolatey Manhattan and the duck breast and pasta were the standouts.

20230123_215104.jpg
From last night: a triple-B burger at Cosmic Ray's just ain't the same without Sonny Eclipse. A staffer said he's been offline since October, which seems absurd to me. It can't that long just to fix an animatronic. One wonders if Sonny is a low priority, or if they are planning something else for that space but haven't decided what.

At some point I will do a proper accounting of my Monsieur Paul meal. That night really knocked me for a loop, I decided I didn't want to wait in a crazy monorail line (since the dinner ended right around nine; it started at six) so instead I went to the Boardwalk and had some bourbon and a cigar. Then bus to Disney Springs just to catch the bus to Grand Floridian; I passed out pretty much immediately upon contact with my bed.

If @ElizaDoesDisney ever sees this thread: I attempted to schedule omakase at Morimoto, with a reservation request on their website followed by a call since you don't get a notification or anything that they received the online request. I never received a call back. Maybe they were booked the day I had an opening on, maybe not every request rates a call back, I don't know. Since I was iffy on whether I wanted to do it anyway I'm not super broken up about it, but I would have gone through with it had it been easier to set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter