Did you get this PM too?

I emailed the knot yesterday with a very upset tone and demanded someone contact me back... i guess we will see.:confused3

Heather and Maggie, I really hope you two get a response. It is shocking and upsetting that they allow that behavior on their boards :sad2:

I usually steer clear of unconstructive conversation like these ones. My time is too valuable to sling mud on the Internet. Jealousy, ignorance or other reasons, just be glad you aren't married to people like that in your real lives.

Being Canadian, let's just say people on the other boards are typical of the pre-conceived stereotypes we have of Americans (who dominate the forums), but this board is a pleasant surprise of the better side that America has to offer the world. I've received valuable advice and information here that will make my wedding better than I could've done myself.

Oh my goodness! I've been away for a few days and came back to this mess. Those girls are so pathetic! You KNOW they must be jealous, otherwise why would they spend so much time looking on these boards? They wouldn't have even found this board if they weren't interested in a Disney wedding or honeymoon! I mean I had no idea this board existed until I came across this board looking for Disney honeymoon tips. I am new and have not gotten to know many people, but I am very happy with the classy way everyone has handled this situation. I am proud to be a member of such a supportive group!

To everyone that posted their engagement rings, they are all GORGEOUS! I posted mine, and maybe it doesn't live up to their standards, but who cares, I love it, my DF loves it, my family loves it, my friends love it, what more do I need?

They actually came on here in October when I posted pictures of the engagement ring and wedding band I got for my girlfriend/now fiancee on the general boad section and completely trashed them. They basically said that they were trash and that they wouldn't be surprised if she throw the engagement ring back in my face and laughed.

Like you said she is happy with it, her friends that have seen it love it and so has both sides of the families.

i think they are just jelouse and are at a lack of information and do not have an open mind. it is so sad to me that this type of stuff must go on even when planning what is suppose to be the happiest day of our lives and i stress ours. A wedding is what we want it to be and no one should be made fun of for doing that.

i think they are just jelouse and are at a lack of information and do not have an open mind. it is so sad to me that this type of stuff must go on even when planning what is suppose to be the happiest day of our lives and i stress ours. A wedding is what we want it to be and no one should be made fun of for doing that.

Exactly. Your always going to have someone who tries to rain on your parade because it makes them feel better. People like that hate when someone else is happy and is getting what they want.

I go to my sorority retreat and come back to this. People are just sad and need to get some lives. I love how nice and open this board is. I've never gone over to the Knot but definitely will not go there now.

excuse me posting on this forum but i just have to say how childish those 'ladies' are. The way they type is like a teenager on IM and seriously they insult disney weddings but then they are planning on having one themselves:confused3 :confused3
jealous brats i say

While the comments that were posted were rude and disrespectful, it isn't surprising to be coming from theknot. Back in 2003 when I was planning my wedding I went to the site a bunch (didn't know this site existed) and noticed back then that certain boards had nothing but catty comments. From what I've heard and now seen nothing has changed but has only gotten worse. I just like to think that they are jealous, but to each their own. We each have a different vision of what our dream wedding would be and no one should be criticing someone elses wedding. These are probably the same girls who would critisize a wedding that they considred to be "low budget".

I was away from the boards for a couple of days and I cannot believe the things that they were saying! I went to the knot when I was planning my wedding and I can say that all it took was one glance at the boards and I found really catty comments, I am really surprised that they would let their boards get this nasty! Anyway, I will say this that the people that wrote that post this week seem to be very young...just read there "quotes", not many adults would put such nasty vulgar things by their name! I am so glad that I found this board and I say we just consider the source in this case and just ignore them, they are not worth anyone's time!

Wow, that is low. We're not criticizing their weddings. To each his own. Oh well, we're all happy here, and are very comfortable with wanting the fairytale weddings that we dreamed about!

I noticed many of you were in the same boat I was . . . away for a day or two and that silly-ness happens. Ah, well. Happy planning to all the brides.

Group hug! :grouphug:

Jenny

Hey, let them ahve their weddings with cheap catereing and boring landscape. Unless they're getting married at BUckingham Palace, htey've got nothing on us. Our guests will appreciate our s more and we'll have our dream come true!!

Hi Ladies,

I mostly lurk on this board but wanted to come out to say something.

I utilized the the Knot while wedding planning two years ago. (That relationship didn't work out and I'm actually really thankful it didn't! Anyway, not the point...) While there were a few sincere, nice gals, most of the Knotties were such dramatic Mean Girls that I eventually gave up on the message boards. I think most of them were not actually engaged and I'm willing to bet many were underage and bored, trying to stir things up for their own entertainment.

I stumbled onto this board when I was planning a WDW trip and I stuck around. I enjoy reading the TR's and planning journals and looking at the gorgeous photos and I'm considering a FTW of my own...someday... ;)

I just want to say that the difference between this board and the Knot is striking. Everyone here is so sincere, enthusiastic, and truly happy for each other. Honestly, I was a little shocked that everyone is so friendly! In a group of women, I think this is rare and I have to commend you ladies for displaying such admirable traits!

Just ignore the mean girls. Their comments most likely stem from their own insecurity, anger, and hurt. If anything, you should pity them for their need to put others down to lift themselves up.

So, happy planning DIS-brides-and-grooms-to-be, and congratulations newlyweds!

I'm new here, so I just saw this post and checked out the link to The Knot thread. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. I joined that site a long time ago, and never really participated because people there were so mean and nasty.

But hey, whatever. Let them all stay on those boards, whine and gossip, and have their boring little cookie-cutter weddings!!

Ok, here's how the NE(Y) board works. 99% of the people on there are married or engaged. Basically no one is "not engaged yet" and if they are, they're probably the ones being made fun of. They pick a new target and cut and paste all kinds of stuff to make fun of. The more you play into it, the more they go after you. There were issues with them on my local board for a long time. The absolute best thing you can do is to completely ignore them. I'm sorry to see that spilling over to the DIS. :( At least the mods took control. :) Back to your regularly scheduled planning!

Wow. I come back from getting married to find this lovely thread. I took a look at what the Knot girls had to say and all I could think was "don't they have anything better to do?" I feel sorry for those girls who get pure entertainment out of mocking one of the best wedding boards I've ever found.

And now I'll proudly hold my DIS sign for them all to see.
:disrocks:

Wow. I come back from getting married to find this lovely thread. I took a look at what the Knot girls had to say and all I could think was "don't they have anything better to do?" I feel sorry for those girls who get pure entertainment out of mocking one of the best wedding boards I've ever found.

And now I'll proudly hold my DIS sign for them all to see.
:disrocks:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: I hope you had a wonderful time :)

How did I miss this post?!?! I've been on the board a lot lately and just didn't notice it. I just want to thank everyone out there b/c I couldn't have had the perfect wedding without this board. I wouldn't have known about the Illuminations cruise or anything else that made our day special. Thank you for being a great group and so supportive of everyone, no matter what they want to include in their special day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter