Did prices really increase this much?

maybethisyear

Mouseketeer
We have been to WDW twice.
December 2018 with free dining at POP
February 2022 with no discounts at POR

I decided to start casually looking again.
We paid 4400 for POR 9 nights and 7 park days.
The same this December is 6400!

Is this the typical increase people are seeing? 50% more? That's literally insane, and something we wouldn't be able to even pretend to consider.

Prices have increased but when did you go in February? Was a slow time (very end of the month) or around the President's Day holiday, when are you planning on going in December - I haven't found prices to be low in December except for maybe the 2nd week of December and then they aren't significantly low.

It's been a while since we went-2020-so I'm not going to even try to compare.

I will say that the price I just got for 7 days at the Poly with tickets is jaw dropping. Do 8 day base tickets really cost $1300 a person? I've been looking at the chart over on another site and the most expensive 8 day base is $841-it went up almost $500? That's crazy. I mean an ap isn't much more right?

Do 8 day base tickets really cost $1300 a person?
Did you actually price tickets? Or a package? It can be hard to sus out the ticket cost with a package booking. Keep in mind that dates impact the price. But you are correct, even a 10-day ticket doesn't cost $1300 -- that's the cost of an AP. Maybe you included dining or something else along with the tickets if you were pricing a package?

Is this the typical increase people are seeing? 50% more? That's literally insane, and something we wouldn't be able to even pretend to consider.

How many people is this package for?

We are doing 9 nights at Beach Club this July with 7 day Park Hopper Plus tickets for $6000 (party of 3). Go this summer. Hotels are deeply discounted.

You really can't compare prices in February vs December to get a true picture of price increases. But honestly, I can't remember the last time I booked a room at rack rate either- there's always a discount of some kind. We're staying at POFQ in a couple of weeks- 7 nights, pool view for $1800. If I extended than to 10, the price would be in the $2600 range. Ticket prices are another story! I bought an AP voucher right before a big price hike in late 2018- meaning to use it in early 2020. Of course I didn't get to use it and finally activated it last year. I paid under $800 for a pass that would cost me $1500 now and it includes photopass! It expired in July and that renewal is going to sting!

I saw an ad a few days ago on TV I think it was for this summer, four day tickets for $99/day. We got a similar deal twice a few years back, and it was good. I wouldn’t want to go in the summer, though, personally. Too hot. Last time I regretted it.

I think the economy fears either have, or will, also drive some discounts in the near future. OP I agree with others, time of year you go makes a difference, but there are still discounts out there if you search around. I almost never pay full price. It might involve some compromises, but being at Disney, really, who cares? You can often find some good deals at Coronado, if you don’t mind taking buses.

Did you actually price tickets? Or a package? It can be hard to sus out the ticket cost with a package booking. Keep in mind that dates impact the price. But you are correct, even a 10-day ticket doesn't cost $1300 -- that's the cost of an AP. Maybe you included dining or something else along with the tickets if you were pricing a package?
Dates are 5/12-5/19-at the Poly, 4 adults in 1 resort view room

Room alone was 6615(that does include tax)

Added 8 day base ticket it went to $12,152.30-difference of $5,537.3. Divided by 4=$1384.33 per person. Can that be right?

Had I added QS or DDP the prices went to $13,748.58 and $14,792.26 respectively.

I can't even believe that I'm considering this trip at those prices!

Added 8 day base ticket it went to $12,152.30-difference of $5,537.3. Divided by 4=$1384.33 per person. Can that be right?

Had I added QS or DDP the prices went to $13,748.58 and $14,792.26 respectively.

Either Disney IT glitched horribly, or in adding the tickets it changed something on the reservation. I agree deluxe resort prices are astronomical, and ticket prices are high - but not that high. I just checked UT and 8-day base tickets starting 5/12/2024 are $579.89, with a notation of $44 savings.

I was shocked to learn a few years ago that park tickets are similar to airline ticket prices, and are the most expensive portion of the trip even when flying.

Disney hotels are also pricey compared to off-site, but I loathe paying resort fees so I typically try to find Disney hotel deals.

I agree with others that December is likely an expensive month in general.

Either Disney IT glitched horribly, or in adding the tickets it changed something on the reservation. I agree deluxe resort prices are astronomical, and ticket prices are high - but not that high. I just checked UT and 8-day base tickets starting 5/12/2024 are $579.89, with a notation of $44 savings.
Thank you for that info, that gives me a starting place. I just checked my room to be sure I wasn't in CL or something and nope-just regular resort view. I think they have somehow double charged our park tickets. I'm back in the que so reprice to see if it comes out differently.

Thank you for that info, that gives me a starting place. I just checked my room to be sure I wasn't in CL or something and nope-just regular resort view. I think they have somehow double charged our park tickets. I'm back in the que so reprice to see if it comes out differently.
I always purchase tickets on their own because of this:
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ys-within-certain-amount-time-one-day-454914/

If you reference the "Here is a breakdown of..." part of their answer and see how the timeframe for the start date through the expiration of the ticket is longer than the number of days on the ticket then you can go into their dates calendar and pick the cheapest start date that still covers the days that you plan to use the ticket vs. picking your planned/actual start date. In some cases this has made tickets cheaper for me.

I'm also not sure if packages ever result in savings? it might just be an easier way to pay? Someone else may weigh in as I'm not familiar.

We’re DVC so we don’t “pay” for accommodations and our trips each year are still astronomical. Of course we’re a family of 7, but still. Tickets alone approach $5000, and last trip we spent about $6700 on food for 2 weeks (we do one qs and one ts per day plus snacks) plus souvenirs and incidentals (gas to drive down was total about $500 round trip-still cheaper than flying). That was for our most recent trip, year over year we spend a decent amount more and if we didn’t have DVC I’m not sure we’d stay on site. If things get much more expensive we’ll be doing resort only trips and eating in room more and Disney will missing out on a lot of $ from us. Granted we could go on a shorter trip or eat out less, but we don’t like to vacation like that. Disney inflation outpaces everyone else and it’s getting ridiculous

I'm also not sure if packages ever result in savings? it might just be an easier way to pay? Someone else may weigh in as I'm not familiar.
Unless there's a special offer specifically requiring a package, you are correct that it doesn't necessarily offer savings. There may be other benefits that tip the scale for some folks -- the low deposit, "magical extras" coupons, ability to add the dining plan (for 2024), not paying in full at purchase for tickets, etc. But not necessarily savings.

Unless there's a special offer specifically requiring a package, you are correct that it doesn't necessarily offer savings. There may be other benefits that tip the scale for some folks -- the low deposit, "magical extras" coupons, ability to add the dining plan (for 2024), not paying in full at purchase for tickets, etc. But not necessarily savings.
The other big one for me is that if I need to cancel my trip, I get refunded for those tickets (within the cancellation policy of course) but buying from a third party seller means I own them outright and no refunds. For me, with health issues, thats a deal breaker.

The ticket prices do not seem correct...too high. I wonder if that's why they seem to have paused bookings today

The other big one for me is that if I need to cancel my trip, I get refunded for those tickets (within the cancellation policy of course) but buying from a third party seller means I own them outright and no refunds. For me, with health issues, thats a deal breaker.
I always purchase them direct from Disney too, just not as part of a package. I think that way I retain the value of what I paid for them as a credit. It sounds like with a package, however, you'd get your money back on them right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter