Did Disney drop the dress code?

To be fair, the Disneyland dress code kind of reads like "shorter clothes, less layers please!"

No one is showing off their genitalia at Disneyland. I go all the time and have never seen anything more than some butt cheeks in booty shorts. Women not wearing bras is hardly scandalous (I'd be right there with them if I could get away without one, bras are the worst). And thongs ARE underwear, whether you think so or not. No one is going commando while they straddle the Splash Mountain log.

I basically agree, as I grew up in a different era and so it's not something I'm used to or comfortable with. It doesn't necessarily make it wrong, it just makes it very cringy for some people (like me). I have to admit that I don't understand why people wish to push the limits on what they bare to the world at a place like Disneyland. See, that's my old lady upbringing coming through. I feel there are different degrees of appropriateness for different places.

The good thing about having a neck is that you can turn it when you don’t want to see something.
True. We've learned to be very good at turning a blind eye. Sometimes that's prudent and sometimes it's not.

I think the issue for the OP is that Disney doesnt have a dress code up to his/her/their standards, and therefore should address this with Disney first. If you want Disney to ask people to cover up, they first need to put it in their T&Cs.

And to your question: yes, people who put on clothes usually think they look good in those clothes.

Especially when you see 14/15 year old girls, they are trying to find their style, trying to fit in, and that is not always in the most comfortable outfit.

For women in heels, for some it is about being seen, instagram and all that jazz. It is not about the rides and shows and characters, they want to show how they look on instagram with a nice background. Your legs and booty usually looks better in heels.

I appreciate you saying this. I was thinking the same but couldn't get the words right to not get flagged. I gave up writing my response.

It took a lot of editing, and my second response to them doubling down on their opinion was not as nice. I have a 15 year old that dresses the way she wants and feels is appropriate for the hot Southern California weather and her own comfort. If someone said what this person said to my daughter at Disneyland, it would feel very threatening and I’d make sure security knew that. These sort of disgusting outward perverse displays have no place at the Magic Kingdom. Some people need to learn to keep their opinions of others to themselves.

Hey everyone - we have had to delete some inappropriate comments in this thread. Please remember to keep posts family-friendly.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter