• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diamond Horseshoe

Reviving this thread as I feel like I never hear anything about Diamond Horseshoe. I would like to hear more opinions on this restaurant.

Still much like the menu at HDDR and Trail's End.
If you are already eating at either of those places not sure I'd plan a 2nd meal with similar food unless you are a total fan. They do have the addition of brisket and maybe shredded pork.
It's food and a lot of it since it offers AYCTE.

Is the food comparable in quality/flavor to HDDR? We loved that BBQ. What is the venue like? Anything interesting about the restaurant, experience?

We just went in Dec of 17.....and we went JUST for the Smores Skillet Dessert!!!! And we were all pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food! I have a picky eater and the server brought him a whole platter of chicken tenders and steak fries....so all were happy....and that SKILLET!!!! SAVE ROOM!!!!

I was there New Year's Eve. We got to the park about 2:30 and knew it would be a long night, so DD8 and I got a last minute ADR for it. Food is very comparable to HDDR. Salad has a chipotle ranch instead of the Italian. Cornbread was jalapeno, which neither of us cared for. AND cold! The waitress brought us some rolls, I think, when she noticed my daughter wasn't eating the cornbread. DD loved the mac and cheese...just regular disney mac and chese that my kids adore. I remember being pleasantly surprised by the pulled pork. Brisket was dry, unfortunately because that is my favorite, had to add some BBQ sauce. Chicken had a great smoky flavor. The beans were very similar to HDDR.

Desserts were a platter of 3 different things. I was so stuffed I could barely fit any more in. I think there was a pumpkin cheesecake trifle that was delicious. Chocolate cake was typical cake. Apple dessert was good, but again too stuffed.

I see the menu now says cole slaw, but I definitely had salad. Our seasonal veg was broccoli. Service was slow, but it was NYE, so I expected that and I wasn't in a rush as we had a long ways to go till midnight.

If you like HDDR, you'll like this.

It is now open all the time, the food is actually good, the service is decent, but the seats are very uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter