Diamond Horseshoe

Momager

Mouseketeer
I literally just noticed this restaurant - How old is it?! Is it taking over the building the bears were in??

Anyway, how much do y'all recommend it? Is it TS for lunch and buffet for dinner? Thats what allears said, but on the Disney site its different. So confusing!

I literally just noticed this restaurant - How old is it?! Is it taking over the building the bears were in??

Anyway, how much do y'all recommend it? Is it TS for lunch and buffet for dinner? Thats what allears said, but on the Disney site its different. So confusing!

It has been there since MK opened in 1971!! We used to go to the show there and there was food to purchase to eat during. We loved it until it started changing so much. It opens occasionally, but not sure if it's on a regular seasonal schedule or not. We don't go anymore.

Most people aren't impressed with it, but we liked it.
It was a prix fixe meal with salad, roast, beans, macaroni and cheese, cornbread, and a few other foods, plus dessert. We all enjoyed it.
It's a small restaurant, and not terribly crowded even when it's full.

I wish they would make it a character meal. Woody and Jessie would go well there.

I had lunch there in September. It wasnt crowded at all and I enjoyed the pulled pork sandwich I got.

It has been there since MK opened in 1971!! We used to go to the show there and there was food to purchase to eat during. We loved it until it started changing so much. It opens occasionally, but not sure if it's on a regular seasonal schedule or not. We don't go anymore.

Seriously?! How have I never noticed it? I'm a crazy planner!!!! Its TS too??

We literally stumbled on Diamond Horseshoe last August. We hadn't planned on a TS dinner this particular day, but we were hot, tired and in desperate need of a break and just wasn't feeling the QS options. I looked to see where I could get a last minute reservation and this popped up. I have to say, it was a surprise hit of the trip for us. The food was delicious and the service was great. (The A/C wasn't bad either!)

Until quite recently it tended to open during high crowd holiday seasons only and served a menu quite similar to HDDR. It's recently been opened as a year-round venue and I've no idea what the regular menu is currently.

We ate there last month for lunch. We had the "all you care to eat" meal, but there are other options. For us, it was just "ok". It wasn't anything special. I much prefer Liberty Tree Tavern. The one thing that bothered us both while we were there, was that it was freezing cold inside for some reason. I am not easily bothered by the air conditioning, especially when it's hot outside but It was really really cold in there. I doubt that we will eat there again.

Now that it's re-opened full-time, it would be great to see a show go back in. Of course, that would probably raise the prices and then people would get tired of it before too long, anyway.

A more distinctive menu couldn't hurt, and whoever mentioned making it a character meal might also be on to something. In addition to Woody and Jessie, you could have some of the "barnyard" characters like Clarabelle and Horace.

It's just nice to not have it sitting empty and unused anymore.

1) Ah, the Diamond Horseshoe !
2) We used to love that place.
. . . cute "Western" floor show with dancing, singing and jokes
. . . audience participation on and off stage
. . . snacks, sandwiches and soft drinks
. . . nicely air conditioned, very nicely air conditioned, on a hot day
3) The labor costs became too much for WDW budget constraints.
. . . dancers, comics, other performers
. . . lighting and stage hands
. . . musicians
. . . waitresses, hostesses, bartenders (for soft drinks)
4) They shut it down with little fanfare.
. . . Del Monte stopped its sponsorship, and it closed in 2003
. . . then, it became Goofy's Country Dancin' Jamboree, and closed in 2004
5) Now, it is an overflow eatery for LTT, but only in "busy" seasons.
. . . busy seasons are usually Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break
. . . counter service and sandwiches for lunch
. . . family-style all-you-can-eat for dinner (same items as at LTT)
. . . recommended ADR's for either
. . . it uses the same kitchen as LTT, but the food seems worse
. . . in most cases, not worth the effort
. . . during Halloween it is a "dance party" and Trick-or-Treat
7) I would not tell people to avoid it totally, but the food and service don't warrant a visit.
8) WHAT A PITY to kill off such a nice attraction !!!!

NOTE: I got selected to participate before the show was canceled. I had a silly part, but when the show was over, the banjo player let me take the instrument and play a little blue grass. It was a cute little "jam session" with the other musicians.

NOTE2: The Golden Horseshoe, the pattern for Diamond Horseshoe, is still operating at Disneyland.

Disneylands version is The Golden Horseshoe. Years ago they had excellent stage shoes several times a day. When getting to the park you had to immediately head to the restaurant and ask for a reservation (could not call or go online in advance). All shows were gone an hour or so after park opening for many years. Had heard the Diamond Horseshoe was similar back in the day. No entertainment these days?

Seems Disney has gotten rid of quite a few popular entertainment shows that used to populate the parks or began charging extra for them.

I had a dinner and a lunch at the Diamond Horseshoe this month, to try out their new menu. The lunch is a la carte and the dinner is family style. I liked both but preferred the lunch as you could choose your item and it was a more moderate amount of food.

We tried it in September and were very pleasantly surprised. Staff was very friendly, explained the menu clearly and recommended dishes that they thought we would like. They were correct. DW and I enjoyed a very good dinner.

I didn’t see anyone mention this yet but it is also only open limited hours. They do not open for lunch until 1 pm and they close earlier than other MK restaurants too (I think like 8 on normal park nights and 6 on party nights).
We ate lunch there last month and enjoyed it. I like the a la Carte option as well.

We "just noticed " it last year....and it was AWESOME!!!! Food and service were great and they had a skillet smores brownie for dessert that was great! Highly recommend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter