Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

...I completely agree! Last year, the DJ was so loud it was uncomforable on the ears even over at Jolly Holiday! I can't imagine what it must have been like at PFF or even closer to the castle!

The one amusing thing about trying to hear anything over the DJ is watching the leads trying (desperately!) to dance to SOMETHING, some choose the band if they can hear it and others give up and go with the DJ. It can make for quite an interesting variety of rhythms and patterns on the dance floor. And the follows really get tested, especially if they are being led to a song that isn't the one the band is playing!

I swear, every time I think I have it all planned out, something else changes! Maybe I'll go to DL for the opening ceremony, run over to DCA to get my fastpass, then run back? That seems like a lot of running though...

After standing around for 2 hours waiting for the opening ceremonies, a little jog over to DCA might feel good! I may do the same :)

I think my group is going to start in DCA -- get our WOC FPs, get Soarin' FPs, do RSR as single riders, and then head to DL after all the opening ceremony madness has died down.

Who am I kidding -- the madness is not going to die down, is it? lol What in the world was I thinking planning to go for the 24 hour???

So question: I want to go t the 24 hour event but I don't have a car so I'm actually taking the bus from LA to get there(yeah I know I'm crazy)

Would it be a good idea to get to the park at say 9pm on Friday?

Also how does the annual pass work for this? I have the deluxe one so I'm blocked for Saturday, when would I have to leave the park?

So question: I want to go t the 24 hour event but I don't have a car so I'm actually taking the bus from LA to get there(yeah I know I'm crazy)

Also how does the annual pass work for this? I have the deluxe one so I'm blocked for Saturday, when would I have to leave the park?
not a good idea at all :(
9pm friday is almost certain to reach capacity so you'll be stuck in the esplanade or at california adventure, your annual pass is good friday 6am - saturday 6am

Ah, okay, yeah I'll be pissed if I get all the way there and I can't get in haha. I've been debating on going and honestly even if I do get in I hate going to the parks when it's insanely crowded anyway, I'll just go next week ^_^

THANKS! :flower1:

Ah, okay, yeah I'll be pissed if I get all the way there and I can't get in haha. I've been debating on going and honestly even if I do get in I hate going to the parks when it's insanely crowded anyway, I'll just go next week ^_^

THANKS! :flower1:
can't you make it earlier?? it's going to be an awesome party, you don't want to miss it party:

hi im a little freaked with all the new info were getting everyday that im not sure my original plan is going to work :( Ive asked on other sites, but this one seems to have the most info...I plan to get in line at midnight then spend my morning in DL til about 10am then hop to DCA til about 3pm then hop back to DL (will i be locked out at that time? should i head back earlier?) and then hop back to DCA at midnight...(do you think dca will let me in at that time? i have woc breakfast reservations for 130am)...this is my first 24 hour event and im scared at this point. I wouldnt mind spending my whole day in DL if i have to but i would like to know if i can get into DCA before my reservations if i leave DL after midnight.. Thanks for your help!

hi im a little freaked with all the new info were getting everyday that im not sure my original plan is going to work :( Ive asked on other sites, but this one seems to have the most info...I plan to get in line at midnight then spend my morning in DL til about 10am then hop to DCA til about 3pm then hop back to DL (will i be locked out at that time? should i head back earlier?) and then hop back to DCA at midnight...(do you think dca will let me in at that time? i have woc breakfast reservations for 130am)...this is my first 24 hour event and im scared at this point. I wouldnt mind spending my whole day in DL if i have to but i would like to know if i can get into DCA before my reservations if i leave DL after midnight.. Thanks for your help!

I'm planning a fairly similar day, and hoping that it will work out.

Maybe get there 9pm Thursday LOL

Oh and you can stay til 6am Saturday as that will still be counted as Friday

Last edited:
So best guess on what restaurants will be open early for coffee and food? We are planning on grabbing some bagels or muffins the day before just to have in case. But waiting from 2am to 6am without food is going to make this girl very hungry.

So best guess on what restaurants will be open early for coffee and food? We are planning on grabbing some bagels or muffins the day before just to have in case. But waiting from 2am to 6am without food is going to make this girl very hungry.

I'm curious about this as well. I am going off the idea that nothing will be open and will be bringing some snacks and breakfast with me for the early hours.

Maybe we all need to get on the phone with the downtown Disney places and check when they will open...

they sure are avoiding the question on the blog of if we can get in line before 10am......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter