DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Just curious, what time does the breakfast open? It seems pretty early from reading the reports but wasn't sure if it was before 7 am or not.

All of these reports are so making me want to book this when it comes out for June! But I also want to do EMM at MK! DH will probably not be very happy with me having to get up that early twice but it feels worth it!

Just curious, what time does the breakfast open? It seems pretty early from reading the reports but wasn't sure if it was before 7 am or not.

All of these reports are so making me want to book this when it comes out for June! But I also want to do EMM at MK! DH will probably not be very happy with me having to get up that early twice but it feels worth it!
I would seriously recommend both as long as your budget allows! I haven’t done the new format MK EMM, but did the old format multiple times and based on reviews it’s even better now, and the DHS one is great. I am as far from a morning person as you can get, but these events are very worth getting up for. I would have happily done both if they had offered the MK one during our New Years trip even coming from a moderate resort so getting there was more of an issue!

We’ll be doing EMM at HS and MK next month. I see everyone has a plan for MK and that’s usually go ride Peter Pan or Pooh before 7DMT are there similar suggestions for HS as well? Should we avoid SDD and hit TSM or Aliens first or just tackle SDD right off the bat because it’s busy no matter what?

We’ll be doing EMM at HS and MK next month. I see everyone has a plan for MK and that’s usually go ride Peter Pan or Pooh before 7DMT are there similar suggestions for HS as well? Should we avoid SDD and hit TSM or Aliens first or just tackle SDD right off the bat because it’s busy no matter what?

Before our first DHS EMM I had planned to do one of the other rides prior to SDD to let the initial swell die down, but when the time came we were so close to the front of the line entering the land at 7:15 that we just went ahead and rode, figuring we would be on one of the first 2-3 cars going out regardless of the line behind us. Then we rode the other rides before circling back and finishing with SDD as many times as time allowed after we were done with everything else. The second time, on 1/2, we did the same thing. Honestly it's kind of mentally difficult to not run to SDD, particularly for kids, so as long as the line wasn't too long (we were waiting for the crowd to be let in to TSL from in front of the theater both times) we just went ahead and rode SDD to get it out of our system, then did whatever else we wanted to do, making sure there was time for at least 1-2 rides on SDD before the end of the event. That worked for us both times. We saw Woody and Jessie both times, never saw Buzz. The character lines are what will kill your time if you aren't lucky or careful! I can't say that I ever experienced a line for SDD that was longer than pushing 10 min, even when it looked long it turned out to be roughly the same length (I can picture in my head where it ends, but don't know how to explain it haha. Just before the bend that is prior to where the CM splits you into odd (right) or even (left) groups seemed to always be where the "long" lines settled down at).

Generally speaking, people report being let in the front gates 6:45ish. Breakfast will be open at that point as well.

I wanted to know this as well, thanks for asking!

Wondering kind of the same. Trying to figure out if it's realistic to hit ToT then RNRC (or should we reverse that?) AND get back to ABC before they close breakfast? We have a RNRC FP for a little later in the morning so we could skip it here but seems like golden opportunity to get in another ride before the lines build.

Has there been a consistent set time that the characters have been coming out?

Woody and Jessie have always, to my knowledge, come out "around" 7:30. When we were there and asked the PP photographer what time they came out, she was very careful to say they "usually" come out "around" 7:30, and that day they did come out pretty much at exactly 7:30. I think they want to leave the door open for something to happen and for them to be later, so they are careful to not have a times guide and/or lots of CMs saying they will be out right at 7:30 :upsidedow

Us too!! Wondering if RnR and ToT are possible before breakfast ends.

We did HS EMM back on the 12/10/18 date and we RP ToT and RnR then went back for breakfast no problem. We didn't even plan on doing RnR, we just saw it was such a low wait after we did ToT we figured, why not? That was the date we went though, I think it's probably the date you go and see how it works out. We are going again for HS EMM on 1/28 and we plan to RP RnR again and then head back to breakfast but we will skip ToT because it turns out our 5 year old hated it.

I’m trying to book the March 20th date, but it appears already sold out. But it also only shows a 7:30 time as an option. Hoping the extra 7:00 slot opens. Wonder what the idea is behind not opening both slots immediately.

My family and friends did this in early December and it was great. We stayed at the Yacht Club but took a Mears van over since we were not sure the boats started running by 7. Since it appears some of the buses from resorts start that early I am wondering if anyone has stayed at any Epcot resort and gone to this has been able to use the Friendship boat to get there. I am going back in April and booked this again for 7:30 so that is why I am asking. Thanks!

We are heading to WDW the first week of June 2019. We are arriving on Saturday June 1st and departing on Friday June 7th. Sunday June 2 is a MMH for HS and Monday June 3 is a MMH for AK. In order to do the EMM at HS we would either have to switch up the days in the HS and AK and forgo MMH OR we could do EMM on Wednesday June 5th but then have to do Epcot on our departure day. Tuesday and Thursday of that week is devoted MK. Our drive home is 5 hours so it would not be a total loss BUT I think my oldest son (9 years) would totally enjoy Epcot. We are also staying at Yacht Club so Epcot is really close by. Thoughts? Is EMM worth completely planning around? We have boys who are 6 and 9 year old. TIA for feedback.

My wife and i are trying I book emm for February 4th but both the 7 and 730 slots have no availability. Has anyone heard of continuing to check the site and slots becoming available? We are really hoping something becomes available. Thanks everyone.

My wife and i are trying I book emm for February 4th but both the 7 and 730 slots have no availability. Has anyone heard of continuing to check the site and slots becoming available? We are really hoping something becomes available. Thanks everyone.

Happened to me for my 1/21 date. No availability then one morning it was there. Not sure if the site is the issue or maybe someone cancelled and a spot opened. Maybe an expert in this thread knows more.

I think I'm doing this again on 4/8. I went back in December and had a great time. Now I'm going back to the parks with 3 additional people who haven't done TSL yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter