DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Has anyone experienced or heard about any issues taking the buses to this event? I have been following this thread and it seems there’s been no issues, but I’m still slightly nervous about it. Going February 11 from the Poly.
We are also going that day from the Poly! Hoping we’ll get an early bus!!

I haven’t seen any but I worry ha ha we are going from CBR I booked mears it was only $17.. I figured with the 5 of us what I paid what’s another $17 for peace of mind imo

Has anyone experienced or heard about any issues taking the buses to this event? I have been following this thread and it seems there’s been no issues, but I’m still slightly nervous about it. Going February 11 from the Poly.

And I was right, Early Morning Magic at Hollywood Studios opened up availability this morning for 3/20/2019. The other time suddenly appeared yesterday morning and today it is bookable, woot.

Not sure if it’s related, but there’s also availability this morning for April 17 (there wasn’t yesterday). Thanks for posting this and inspiring me to double check!

I can’t speak for Poly, but we had no issues with the bus from POFQ taking us to EMM. I was worried too but it showed up!

Just a word of warning - that ride can be scary for little kids. My son was a week shy of his 3rd birthday when we went and he ran right for SDD, and then ended up scared on the ride. He wasn’t traumatized or anything, but he definitely didn’t want to ride again. He did the same thing on SDMT the next day...

All kids are different, but just wanted to share my experience with a 38.5 inch kid!
oh I know. But this kid is a daredevil. He would ride Barnstormer over and over again if he could. But we are always cautious. Thanks!

Hi All,

We're going to Disney for the first time next week. Very exciting. Also, intimidating. This is my first post, but I've been referencing the boards as our plans evolved. Very helpful. And, again, intimidating...

I've done a little reading, and I think I know my options, but I wanted to specifically run it by you all if you don't mind.

We have TSL EMM booked for Mon 1/21. We also need to register 4 kids for JTA. We have some flexibility on the time, but we also have some strong preferences.

Touringplans predicts Hollywood Studios will be at crowd level 9. It's MLK day.

Would you agree that the following statements are "probably" accurate?

JTA registation opens at 8am.
Expect to spend ~30 min of precious TSL EMM time if we want run over there to register <=8am and then dash back to TSL.
At 8am, all JTA time slots should be available and registration should only take a few min.
At 8:45am, we should be prepared to wait ~30+ min at JTA registration and a few of the time slots may already be full.
By 9:20 or so (after an 8:45 JTA registration), the line for RnR could be 35+ min.
Flipping that, registering for JTA after RnR, "should" still have available spots, but options may be limited.

I've mostly resigned myself to spending the EMM time to register at or just before 8 so we can get the best time slot and also get to RnR as early as possible (and maybe even ToT, but we have a FP for ToT later in the day.)

I don't think I can risk missing JTA, however small the risk, by registering later in the morning.

If there's a better way, I'd love to hear it. Any chance they will allow JTA registration at 7:15? 'Cause that would be rad.

Thanks so much!

Hi All,

We're going to Disney for the first time next week. Very exciting. Also, intimidating. This is my first post, but I've been referencing the boards as our plans evolved. Very helpful. And, again, intimidating...

I've done a little reading, and I think I know my options, but I wanted to specifically run it by you all if you don't mind.

We have TSL EMM booked for Mon 1/21. We also need to register 4 kids for JTA. We have some flexibility on the time, but we also have some strong preferences.

Expect to spend ~30 min of precious TSL EMM time if we want run over there to register <=8am and then dash back to TSL.
At 8am, all JTA time slots should be available and registration should only take a few min.
At 8:45am, we should be prepared to wait ~30+ min at JTA registration and a few of the time slots may already be full.
By 9:20 or so (after an 8:45 JTA registration), the line for RnR could be 35+ min.
Flipping that, registering for JTA after RnR, "should" still have available spots, but options may be limited.

I've mostly resigned myself to spending the EMM time to register at or just before 8 so we can get the best time slot and also get to RnR as early as possible (and maybe even ToT, but we have a FP for ToT later in the day.)

I don't think I can risk missing JTA, however small the risk, by registering later in the morning.

If there's a better way, I'd love to hear it. Any chance they will allow JTA registration at 7:15? 'Cause that would be rad.

Thanks so much!
Everything I have read states you can't sign up for JTA until after rope drop which is usually after 8.45. We're doing EMM on Pres Day so hopefully will take advantage of already being in the park to get over there around 8.30 and sign up.

Everything I have read states you can't sign up for JTA until after rope drop which is usually after 8.45. We're doing EMM on Pres Day so hopefully will take advantage of already being in the park to get over there around 8.30 and sign up.

That's not correct. People with PPO breakfasts have been able to sign up when they enter for breakfast. I don't know what time EMM would be able to sign up though.

That's not correct. People with PPO breakfasts have been able to sign up when they enter for breakfast. I don't know what time EMM would be able to sign up though.
Fair enough, but even so there are plenty shows throughout the day which arent going be taken up by people having breakfast.

We have spent over 300 on EMM and I'm going to get my money worth and if we can get to sign up for JTA earlier... It's a bonus.

FWIW, here was a screen shot of the bus times from Poly in the app on 12/31/2018 at 6:09AM. I opted to cab on this particular morning, but the bus would have been an option too. Of course, YMMV!

Bus from Poly to DHS - 12-31-2018 609AM.png

Hi All,

Thanks so much!

:welcome: to the DIS! You guys must be serious about JTA. I'm a little stressed for you just reading your post. :-)

Unfortunately JTA is not a topic I know very much about. You may have seen these, but there are three JTA reports (which isn't that many) posted at the bottom of Post #3, which I'm also cutting/pasting below:

Jedi Training Sign-Up Experiences
@TinkerBeth18 on 10/1/2018 said: Went immediately at 8:45 to sign up for Jedi training and had to wait 30 minutes. The earliest time they had available was 11:40.

@pangyal on 10/3/2018 said: We asked about signups for Jedi Training and were told that nobody would be stationed until PPO breakfast time started (8am). We decided not to leave toy story land just to sign up when we had such little time there anyway.

@Taka on 1/2/2019 said: When leaving TSL around 8:45, mass crowd came into TSL. After TSL, we signed up JEDI training. It was 30mins wait. And all slots were still opened except first two shows.

Not sure if that helps, but maybe it does. Good luck.

ok so no one kill me but I am packing right now and heading on the ferry to go to airport after work for 6am flight tomorrow after working the last 7 days straight due to a work crisis so I know I've read this but I just am spacing at the moment.

how do you book Mears? lol. We are going to this thing a week from today, very excited! The low is expected to be 55 and we are coming from 30 degrees less so hoping it's comfortable!

:welcome: to the DIS! You guys must be serious about JTA. I'm a little stressed for you just reading your post. :-)

Unfortunately JTA is not a topic I know very much about. You may have seen these, but there are three JTA reports (which isn't that many) posted at the bottom of Post #3, which I'm also cutting/pasting below:

Jedi Training Sign-Up Experiences
@TinkerBeth18 on 10/1/2018 said: Went immediately at 8:45 to sign up for Jedi training and had to wait 30 minutes. The earliest time they had available was 11:40.

@pangyal on 10/3/2018 said: We asked about signups for Jedi Training and were told that nobody would be stationed until PPO breakfast time started (8am). We decided not to leave toy story land just to sign up when we had such little time there anyway.

@Taka on 1/2/2019 said: When leaving TSL around 8:45, mass crowd came into TSL. After TSL, we signed up JEDI training. It was 30mins wait. And all slots were still opened except first two shows.

Not sure if that helps, but maybe it does. Good luck.

Wow I had no idea there would be a 30 min wait for Jedi Training sign ups!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter