DH Passed Away Suddenly Before Our Trip - Update Post 267

Dear Lilo's Mom,

It has been a while since I have posted on the disboards. When I read your story my heart skipped a beat. I lost my dear husband to brain cancer in September and I know exactly the sense of loss you are feeling right now.

I know that the thought of going on vacation seems difficult, but I can tell you that Disney was my DH's and my favorite place on earth. We were engaged there, vacationed there every year and 6 months before he became ill we renewed our wedding vows at the Wedding Pavilion. The magic we experienced and the memories we made were priceless. In December I ventured to Disney with my Mom and it was truly the most therapeutic way to celebrate his life and feel close to him again. I made reservations at all our favorite restaurants and tried to do many of the activities we enjoyed. Although not physically beside me, I carried him in my heart and could feel his prescence and energy. It was the first time I was able to smile again. :lovestruc I would tell you that you should definitely go and celebrate his life and the years you had together. It is difficult but also a very healthy way to begin healing.

The sudden loss you suffered is so devistating and I pray for strength for you and your family. Please know my prayers are with you at this time. God Bless you,

Lisa (Seaprincess):littleangel:

I love the posters you made - all very special tributes.

I'm glad you have a great support group for your upcoming trip. If a fellow Chicago DISer can be of any help please let me know!

Hi there. I'm still new to the boards, but I just wanted to pass along my deepest, heartfelt sympathies. I think it's fantastic that you're celebrating his life and keeping his memory alive.

Continued prayers to your entire family.
:hug:

I've only just caught up with this, and words cannot describe how sorry I am for this awful tragedy in your life. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry for your tragic loss!:hug: Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I LOVE your tribute posters and I'm sure he's proud of them as well.

:sad1:

Thank you one and all for all of your kind words. It has been a very difficult time for me. The trip was hard, but I did have friends with me who were very understanding and supportive. We all paid tribute to Bob by wearing bottle cap buttons like Ellie's badge in the movie "Up"
DSCN2337.jpg

Ironically on what would have been Bob's 50th birthday the movie on the beach at Bay Lake Tower was "Up". It was almost like it was planned for him. We all got a good cry out of that.

The second day we were there our purple tote was delivered to our room. I completely fell apart, the tote was filled with all of Bob's favorite shirts and shorts. The Cast Members at Concierge were incredibly kind to me, as I stood at the desk and explained that I had just lost my husband...then I started bawling and telling them we had a wedding that was based on the idea of Ohana (family from Lilo and Stitch) and that this trip was meant to be his birthday celebration, but he didn't live to see it. Within minutes they had boxes for me to ship his things home, and his birthday was added to the birthday board in the gift shop. Later that night there was a delivery from "Stitch", they sent me a large stuffed Stitch, candy, a balloon, and a card in remembrance of Bob.

The next day we had Breakfast with Mickey and Friends at the Poly. I had ordered a cake for our dear friend Sue, who shared Bob's birthday. When the cake came, they also brought me a cupcake that had "Remembering Bob" written in frosting on the plate. Again tears flowed. Everyone decided we needed to have a group picture taken, so we had a photo shoot done at the Poly. Here I am with my friend Sue, her son and daughters and their children.
DisneyPhotoImage15.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage31-1.jpg

My daughter Kelly joined us for the last few days of the trip. The day we were leaving we decided to spend some time in the Magic Kingdom...what we ended up doing was getting a Mickey balloon in Bob's favorite color, purple, and we wrote messages on it, and carried it with us every where we went in the park...even on rides...it was kind of like having him with us. I love this picture, you can see my daughter Kelly in the reflection and she is crying.
DSCN2331.jpg

Every single day since Bob has been gone has been really hard for me. I seeing a Grief Counselor, and I have lost 41 pounds from constant crying and not eating. My step children and their mother are trying to sue me for my home...so to say that I am stressed would be an understatement. I am taking things one day at a time but it sure isn't easy. Every minute of every day I miss him.
BobDonnaHawaii6.jpg

OK, I admit it. I was teary eyed reading this.

Until that last paragraph. Now I'm furious. I can't believe they would do this.

Thank you one and all for all of your kind words. It has been a very difficult time for me. The trip was hard, but I did have friends with me who were very understanding and supportive. We all paid tribute to Bob by wearing bottle cap buttons like Ellie's badge in the movie "Up"
DSCN2337.jpg

Ironically on what would have been Bob's 50th birthday the movie on the beach at Bay Lake Tower was "Up". It was almost like it was planned for him. We all got a good cry out of that.

The second day we were there our purple tote was delivered to our room. I completely fell apart, the tote was filled with all of Bob's favorite shirts and shorts. The Cast Members at Concierge were incredibly kind to me, as I stood at the desk and explained that I had just lost my husband...then I started bawling and telling them we had a wedding that was based on the idea of Ohana (family from Lilo and Stitch) and that this trip was meant to be his birthday celebration, but he didn't live to see it. Within minutes they had boxes for me to ship his things home, and his birthday was added to the birthday board in the gift shop. Later that night there was a delivery from "Stitch", they sent me a large stuffed Stitch, candy, a balloon, and a card in remembrance of Bob.

The next day we had Breakfast with Mickey and Friends at the Poly. I had ordered a cake for our dear friend Sue, who shared Bob's birthday. When the cake came, they also brought me a cupcake that had "Remembering Bob" written in frosting on the plate. Again tears flowed. Everyone decided we needed to have a group picture taken, so we had a photo shoot done at the Poly. Here I am with my friend Sue, her son and daughters and their children.
DisneyPhotoImage15.jpg

DisneyPhotoImage31-1.jpg

My daughter Kelly joined us for the last few days of the trip. The day we were leaving we decided to spend some time in the Magic Kingdom...what we ended up doing was getting a Mickey balloon in Bob's favorite color, purple, and we wrote messages on it, and carried it with us every where we went in the park...even on rides...it was kind of like having him with us. I love this picture, you can see my daughter Kelly in the reflection and she is crying.
DSCN2331.jpg

Every single day since Bob has been gone has been really hard for me. I seeing a Grief Counselor, and I have lost 41 pounds from constant crying and not eating. My step children and their mother are trying to sue me for my home...so to say that I am stressed would be an understatement. I am taking things one day at a time but it sure isn't easy. Every minute of every day I miss him.
BobDonnaHawaii6.jpg

My heart really goes out to you and your family. There really are no words to say to make you feel better. I'm so sorry.:hug:

Thank you for updating us on your trip. I, too, am teary eyed by your story and wish you comfort and peace.

DW ( Thumper_Man's Wife) and I are so sorry to hear about your loss.:hug: Don't know how I missed this post. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and you family. So glad to see you decided to take the trip anyways. What wonderful tributes you gave him. I'm sure he was smiling down from heaven. He will live on forever in your hearts. :littleangel:

Thank you for sharing all these wonderful tributes to Bob, I had a little cry as I looked at the photos and read the details of your trip.

Sending you a Koala cuddle, you will be in my thoughts and don't forget we are here to listen if you feel like a chat.

Quasar

:hug:Sending blessings and white light for strength. I am very sorry to hear of your loss but know you are not alone as he is with you every moment.

Thanks for the update again, Mom. Really beautiful, and the folks at Disney sure did nice. Thanks too for the new pictures.

Wishing you well in the headaches you are dealing with now. :hug:'s

Thanks for the updates, it gave me a nice little cry as well. Your trip seemed truly memorable and I'm so glad the cast members went out of their way to help honor Bob, I'm sure he was there loving every minute of it. I sincerely hope you quickly and easily get through these new stresses that have presented themselves. :hug: :grouphug:

My sincerest condolences for you loss. I love how you write of all the positiveness you shared. Good for you for going on your trip and celebrating Bob! I'm sure it was difficult, but it sounds like you managed to make it so memerable.

I think you are right when you say "one day at a time." Grief is a roller coaster with many ups and downs.

Please take care of yourself, and know that people care about what you are going through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter