DH Passed Away Suddenly Before Our Trip - Update Post 267

I can't even imagine what you are going through! I am very sorry for your loss!

I Am so sorry for your loss! I can't begin to know how your feeling.My in-laws went with our family to Disney World 2 months after they lost their son:littleangel: very unexpectedly and it help them some.(It also helped my hubby alot it was his only brother.)God bless you and your family.:grouphug:

Such sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your family. What a special way to celebrate his life in his happy place. He will continue to be with you throughout your trip and your life. :hug:

I am very sorry for the sudden and unexpected loss of your husband and soul mate. My deepest sympathy to you. Life can change so suddenly. You are very lucky to have been married to your soul mate. Many people never find theirs. Treasure the memories you have of him. He will always live in your heart. You should still take that trip and celebrate his life. He would want you to be happy remembering him and to carry on doing the things that you loved to do together. I send you a hug and hope that you find the strength to carry on.

Thank you one and all for all the kind words and suggestions. Bob truly loved all things Disney, so as a family we designed a tribute in pictures for the wake. We each had a poster board which we decorated with photos, song lyrics, and bits and pieces from Disney movies, songs, and pictures. In total we had six large posters displayed on easels, each had it's own theme. Bob's parents used "Life is a Highway" and filled their tribute with photos of Bob growing up. Brittany made two posters, one from Emma that was themed with her as a Princess, and Britt's was about time she spent with her Dad when she was small. Allen's poster was all about "Ohana means family, and nobody gets left behind or forgotten" Kelly's poster drew inspiration from the movie, "Up".... she said that life with Bob was a great adventure. Mine was about all our Disney travels and the magic of sharing everything we did together.
DSCN1617.jpg

DSCN1618.jpg

DSCN1619.jpg

We decided that Kelly's idea using "Up" and what adventure really is fit the tribute we want to have at Disney the best, so we ordered replicas of Ellie's bottle cap pin for everyone to wear. Our little group of three people has now grown to 11 friends that are going to meet us there. With everything that has happened I do feel blessed that I have family and friends I can lean on as well as the best online community there is. Your kind words have been such a help to us all!

Thank you DISboard Family!

So very sorry for your sudden tragic loss.

The picture of Bob and your granddaugter is PRECIOUS!

May God Bless you and your family with strength during this difficult time!:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've moved this thread to the Coping and Compassion board in the hope that others here can help you during this trying time. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through right now. How nice that your group has grown. I hope you can find comfort and strength from each one of them.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you :grouphug:

Our little group of three people has now grown to 11 friends that are going to meet us there. With everything that has happened I do feel blessed that I have family and friends I can lean on as well as the best online community there is.

I'm happy to read that you have more people traveling to support you during your trip. I wish you the best. :hug:

donna, i've just found this, :hug: from me and gary, we didnt spend much time together on the cruise, but from what we did, bob was a lovely man, and i'm sure he will be sorely missed by all

I am so very sorry, Donna. :hug: The posters are a lovely tribute to your dear Bob! How wonderful that so many will be along for the Disney trip - I know it will help in those moments when memories flood your heart. The balloon release will be a perfect tribute - I do something similar each trip in memory of my son. I buy one of the Mickey balloons and give it to a child in the Magic Kingdom on our first day.

God's blessings on your and your family. We are here for you as your DIS family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter