"Detroit has never sounded so sexy!" A mother/daughter February 2012 NEW TR LINK

Another great update! Yay! I love the breakfasts! Haha. I also definitely agree on you with the mug thing, the idea of them is great, but you can only refill at the resort, and who wants to lug that around all day?? I think we only used ours last Sept one evening, and that was it. I don't like to make the trip back to the room, too annoying!

I love AK!! The more I think about it, the more it's one of my favorite parks. I'm excited to see what changed your mind! I somehow have never noticed those chairs on top of Tusker House, that'd be a great place to sit all day. Great pics on the safari! Those are awesome!!

That is the worst! I remember on one trip my mom and I got tired from wheeling my grandma in her wheel chair around the parks. We got back to the room and mom wanted some pop so she gave me a $50 disney gift card if I would go get it for her

:lmao: That would be worth it!

I just started getting caught up on your TR! It is so good!

Thanks! It's all done now, though.

Another great update! Yay! I love the breakfasts! Haha. I also definitely agree on you with the mug thing, the idea of them is great, but you can only refill at the resort, and who wants to lug that around all day?? I think we only used ours last Sept one evening, and that was it. I don't like to make the trip back to the room, too annoying!

It would be a good idea if you could fill them up around the parks too!

Aw that stinks!

I love AK!! The more I think about it, the more it's one of my favorite parks. I'm excited to see what changed your mind! I somehow have never noticed those chairs on top of Tusker House, that'd be a great place to sit all day. Great pics on the safari! Those are awesome!!

It is such a great place! I always notice the little stuff :rotfl: Thank you!

Thanks! It's all done now, though.

Better late than never :confused3:thumbsup2

Loved Dawn's breakfast - very unique!

I know what you mean about the mugs. They're nice to have but running them back to the room is such a pain. I liked the days my boys were stroller age. Then we just brought them along and could have our coffee in the parks and chuck them into the stroller when we were done.

Best - lion - pictures - EVER!!!!!!

Loved Dawn's breakfast - very unique!

I know what you mean about the mugs. They're nice to have but running them back to the room is such a pain. I liked the days my boys were stroller age. Then we just brought them along and could have our coffee in the parks and chuck them into the stroller when we were done.

Best - lion - pictures - EVER!!!!!!

It was!

That sounds so easy!

Thank you!

-I like your moms breakfast! I probably would've ordered the same thing!
-I always just bring my mug with me to the parks!
-I've never seen the Nemo show, so I'll have to side with Lion King for now :)

Great update!

Hi All! Hope everything is good with everybody! We've been enjoying the best weather of the summer this last week and ya know we keep counting down til our next trip! Just 5 weeks from tomorrow :yay:

When Caitlin left off we had just had our best safari EVER and so we decided to explore the trails....

The first animals we encountered were these ferocious looking beasts
disneyday6622.jpg

disneyday6626.jpg

Then we happened upon Timon
disneyday6637.jpg

Soon we arrived at the Gorilla area and saw this guy
disneyday6641.jpg

We probably spent about 15 minutes watching them eat bamboo leaves. Perhaps we are easily amused but watching them was fascinating!
disneyday6652.jpg

disneyday6656.jpg

disneyday6661.jpg

We continued on a little ways and then we saw HER!
disneyday6647.jpg

Yep we spotted Lily out playing! :woohoo:

She found some buckets and she would pick them off and throw them off the cliff she was standing on and them look down for them. It reminded me of a baby who discovers they can throw toys (etc) from their highchair except she didn't have anyone to go and get it for her.

disneyday6663.jpg

disneyday6669.jpg

disneyday6672.jpg

disneyday6679.jpg

We were the only people there so it almost felt as if we were watching them in the wild. It was a wonderful and serene experience and we totally fell in love with Lily and gained a new love for the Ak!

We probably could have stood and watched her all day but some other people arrived and broke the magic spell we were under so we decided to move on.

We stopped here and Caitlin grabbed a coffee
disneyday6690.jpg

disneyday6691.jpg

We decided to head toward Asia so Caitlin could ride EE.
disneyday6696.jpg

Along the way we ran into King Louie and Baloo. Aren't they cute?!
disneyday6701.jpg

disneyday6704.jpg

I love this bike!
disneyday6715.jpg

We passed this and decided to take a detour on our way to EE
disneyday6719.jpg

**continued next post**

First up was this creepy guy
disneyday6720.jpg

Followed by these creepier guys
disneyday6731.jpg

Finally we came to the tigers which are not the most entertaining animals to observe :rolleyes:
disneyday6754.jpg

disneyday6757.jpg

disneyday6770.jpg

This whole area has such great attention to detail. It's wonderful to just take this park at a slow pace and soak up all the atmosphere!
disneyday6760.jpg

disneyday6761.jpg

disneyday6766.jpg

disneyday6775.jpg

disneyday6783.jpg

Finally Everest was in view
disneyday6791.jpg

disneyday6793.jpg

When we got there it was 11am and the wait was....get this....10 minutes!
We were really surprised! Caitlin jumped in line and I grabbed a spot to people watch.

Of course she took some pics as she went through the queue
disneyday6796.jpg

disneyday6797.jpg

disneyday6799.jpg

disneyday6803.jpg

disneyday6808.jpg

disneyday6811.jpg

disneyday6814.jpg

She was even daring enough to take some on the ride!
disneyday6821.jpg

disneyday6822.jpg

UH-OH!!
disneyday6825.jpg

After her mountain expedition she grabbed a fast pass and we decided it was time for some lunch. We were going to try dining at a little restaurant located inside a family owned hotel but I'll save that for Caitlin to tell you about.

Thanks for reading!

Great pics of Lily!
She looked so cute!!

And how did you imagine EE with only 10 minute waits at 11AM?
Talk about lucky!

Great pics of Lily!
She looked so cute!!

And how did you imagine EE with only 10 minute waits at 11AM?
Talk about lucky!

That was the first time we'd been lucky enough to see her and we just loved her! So cute :)

We arrived on the Thursday of President's Week and for Th-Sat the crowd levels were 9's and 10's. By Monday (the day we're on) the numbers dropped to 1's and 2's and as you can tell by the short wait, the place seemed empty!

Wow. Caitlin really lucked out with her cat encounters during this trip. And score on finding Lily playing with her pots. She is so adorable.

I can't believe there was only a 10 minute wait for EE at 11am. I think that is unheard of. Score!

Lovely pictures of the most photogenic park.

Can't wait until lunch.

Wow. Caitlin really lucked out with her cat encounters during this trip. And score on finding Lily playing with her pots. She is so adorable.

It was the best experience we've ever had there with enjoying the animals. For the most part they were active and we had great view of them.

I can't believe there was only a 10 minute wait for EE at 11am. I think that is unheard of. Score!

Later in the day she went back with her FP and it was 20 minutes which was the longest wait they had that day!
Lovely pictures of the most photogenic park.

Can't wait until lunch.

Thanks! We really enjoyed our lunch at a new to us place!

Dawn-

Hope you don't mind a question about your trip.

When Caitlin did the 5k at EPCOT were you able to see here at the finish line? Is it worth it to go with someone who is running in the 5k if you are not?

DD and I are hoping to support my sister who is doing her first 5k but not sure if it's worth it to wake up DD if we won't be able to see Dsis.

Thanks.

Dawn-

Hope you don't mind a question about your trip.

When Caitlin did the 5k at EPCOT were you able to see here at the finish line? Is it worth it to go with someone who is running in the 5k if you are not?

DD and I are hoping to support my sister who is doing her first 5k but not sure if it's worth it to wake up DD if we won't be able to see Dsis.

Thanks.

Of course I dont mind!
Yes you are able to see them at the finish line. Before the race everyone gathers in the parking lot and you can hang out with her until she has to line up. When she leaves you can head over to the bleachers and grab a seat and wait. Everyone cheers the runners as they finish and there is a DJ playing music to entertain the crowd :)

5 weeks until your next trip?! I am so jealous. Glad you've been having some nice weather too-it's finally cooled off here so it's been a lot more pleasant. :thumbsup2

Great DAK update! Lily is just so cute. She is like a little kid-she always seems to be exploring and playing.

The first animals we encountered were these ferocious looking beasts
disneyday6622.jpg

OMG! Were you terrified? I hope they were behind steel bars!!!!

Too much drama?

Nah.

Then we happened upon Timon

Cute little guy. :)

We probably spent about 15 minutes watching them eat bamboo leaves. Perhaps we are easily amused but watching them was fascinating!

Probably because they look so human.

Yep we spotted Lily out playing! :woohoo:

Nice timing. :thumbsup2

She found some buckets and she would pick them off and throw them off the cliff she was standing on and them look down for them. It reminded me of a baby who discovers they can throw toys (etc) from their highchair except she didn't have anyone to go and get it for her.

:laughing:

We were the only people there so it almost felt as if we were watching them in the wild. It was a wonderful and serene experience and we totally fell in love with Lily and gained a new love for the Ak!

All right, but surely that's not the only reason you guys fell in love with AK?

Along the way we ran into King Louie and Baloo. Aren't they cute?!
disneyday6701.jpg

Not as cute as the monkey in the middle.

First up was this creepy guy

Followed by these creepier guys

So..... you were creeped out.

Check.

Finally we came to the tigers which are not the most entertaining animals to observe

Not according to my parents! A long time ago they went to the zoo and were watching the tigers. They were annoyed at the antics of a teenage boy who was mis-behaving and taunting the tiger. The tiger got the last laugh, though. How should I put this delicately? Hmmm... Let's say the tiger decided the boy was his and proceeded to 'mark' his territory. Who knew tigers had such good aim?... and so much of it?

This whole area has such great attention to detail. It's wonderful to just take this park at a slow pace and soak up all the atmosphere!

That's pretty much my goal for our next trip if/when. We'll let the DDs run around while we stop and smell the roses.

When we got there it was 11am and the wait was....get this....10 minutes!
We were really surprised! Caitlin jumped in line and I grabbed a spot to people watch.

Wow! Must've been a really slow day at the park.

Of course she took some pics as she went through the queue

She did? So not like her. :rolleyes:

I've seen this pic so often... but that's a really good one. :thumbsup2

We were going to try dining at a little restaurant located inside a family owned hotel but I'll save that for Caitlin to tell you about.

Thanks for reading!

Sounds interesting. And thanks for posting! :goodvibes

5 weeks until your next trip?! I am so jealous. Glad you've been having some nice weather too-it's finally cooled off here so it's been a lot more pleasant. :thumbsup2

Great DAK update! Lily is just so cute. She is like a little kid-she always seems to be exploring and playing.

July was so miserable wasn't it?! Glad your weather has improved too :)

She is just like watching a child. So fun!

OMG! Were you terrified? I hope they were behind steel bars!!!!
Actually I was feeling pretty brave and didn't even get scared :)

Too much drama?

Nah.

Cute little guy. :)

They are but in that pic it looks a little too rat like for my liking :rotfl:

Probably because they look so human.

Nice timing. :thumbsup2

:laughing:

All right, but surely that's not the only reason you guys fell in love with AK?

I don't know exactly what it was but between the animals and the beauty of the park we were won over.

Not as cute as the monkey in the middle.

That one in the middle is the cutest, no arguement from me there :)

So..... you were creeped out.

Check.

Not according to my parents! A long time ago they went to the zoo and were watching the tigers. They were annoyed at the antics of a teenage boy who was mis-behaving and taunting the tiger. The tiger got the last laugh, though. How should I put this delicately? Hmmm... Let's say the tiger decided the boy was his and proceeded to 'mark' his territory. Who knew tigers had such good aim?... and so much of it?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: That is hilarious!

That's pretty much my goal for our next trip if/when. We'll let the DDs run around while we stop and smell the roses.

AK is the perfect place to do that!

Wow! Must've been a really slow day at the park.

Lucky for us!

She did? So not like her. :rolleyes:

I've seen this pic so often... but that's a really good one. :thumbsup2

Her father was not too thrilled to see she had used his camera to take pictures on the ride :rolleyes:

Sounds interesting. And thanks for posting! :goodvibes

You're welcome :)

Great last couple of updates! It is so awesome that you got to see the Lion up and around! The best I ever saw was him lying down with his head up and that was years ago, I didn't even see him at all last trip.

I love the trails, too. The bats...not so much! LOL I really wanted to see the Tigers and Gorillas (and Lilly!) on our last trip but, of course we didn't do the trails that time either.

Awesome pics from Everest! I got that broken track pic too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter