Destash 2023 Use it or lose it

I put a lot of stuff in the pile I need to post for sale, but also got rid of some stuff:

electronics - 6
books - 2
products - 1

1986/500 Items

I need to check with my husband's school's drama department to see if they need any clothing or props.
if they don't then check with a local community theater. i had decades of costumes and odd little props i collected doing years of theater that i finaly went through about a year ago. i contacted the local theater company and they were happy to take it off my hands.

7 Amazon returns dropped off
nice to know i'm not the only one doing allot of returns to them. i've had such issues trying to find decent quality simple women's tops. went through about 4 styles and finaly thought i had found one that worked, ordered it in multiple colors only to find that the fabric changed between them and was awful so i kept 2 colors of it and then located another style that's been more successful/consistant color to color. since they split up orders into multiple packages i end up schlepping multiple packages to the ups drop off place (hopefully the last package of the awful ones finaly arrives this week so i can turn around and send them back).

Sept not a great month, back to school and started a new work ot program so not as much time to look at things and declutter😞 I guess in the positive there are 3 less items in the house even though they were small!

1 non working pen - trashed
2 partial notepads - used up

3 itmes left the house
703 of 500 total or 140.6% of goal

Limited things went out the door, but I posted a batch of things for sale, so hoping next week will be better. But for this week:

geocaching supplies - 6

1995/500 Items

Today I went through my closet. I have a bag for goodwill. A bigger bag for the resale shop. Stuff went to the garbage. I also did my big chest of drawers. The hall closet. And straightened the pantry.
I have a Carhartt jacket coat for my nephew’s son and another camouflage coat too. I have to go into town today so it will probable all get dropped off.
I think I pitched 7 sets of sandals, shoes and one pair of boots. Others shoes went to goodwill.

I really have to do the basement but I decided to start small.

In the basement today. Got a farmer out back today with a 3 year old? So I found a bunch of costumes and that I offered. Filled a large take out bag of miscellaneous toys. Already got them in their vehicle. They are going to take the train table too. (It has been stored under the couch). I looking for the pirates for the pirate ship for them :)
I did take a large mirror found down there to the second hand store yesterday. Today I will get what it was sitting on out of there.

Not sure how I found time to get rid of things, but I did!

products used up - 2
electronics - 2
clothes - 3
office stuff - 3
misc - 2

2007/500 Items

got 2.5 50 gallons size bags of odds and ends old toys, puzzles missing pieces out of there. Another bag to garbage and a large box to garbage.
My brother collected a pink kid size office chair and a box of toys from me at lunch time at work.( I switched offices- towns today). And 2 copy boxes went to goodwill on my way home.
A work buddy says she will take a small serving tray i have. And a blanket for her dog.
And an old directors chair will go out for garbage day. Still a lot down there.
I handed off 4 things today and forgot to hand off 1 item.

Last edited:
It’s been a long time since I destashed anything. But, we noticed our fridge was going over the last 2 weeks, so we bought a new one. It got delivered on Tuesday. While clearing out the old one, I tossed several older bottles of salad dressings & jellies, some older cheese & butters, small packages of condiments & sauces etc from the fridge. The freezer had some older ice cream, random single pieces of meat & frozen fish sticks that were saved too long, a package of potstickers the store gave for free that we ended up not liking, a can each of frozen OJ & lemonade concentrate that had started to thaw that all got tossed. The old fridge was taken away when they delivered the new one.

Husband & I changed out our summer clothes to heavier ones. We each had several shirts & shorts for donating after that. I also had 4 pairs of pajamas. In all, we have 2 trash bags to go.

October update: Another not so good month. Got rid of a handfull of small items but nothing of real tangabile increase of space. Part of the issue is I started a new workout program to help with weight lose and overall fitness and that is taking up some of my "spare" time! The upside it is at least some items have left the house!

1 partial notepad - used up

1 pair of socks - trashed
1 baking pan (rusted) - trashed
2 dead pens - trashed

1 small grocery bag of misc papers - shredded and recycled
2 cardboard boxes - recycled

1 baking pan - donated
1 bouncy ball - donated
1 unopened deck of cards - donated
1 unopened poster - donated

12 itmes left the house
715 of 500 total or 143% of goal

Getting ready for the snow tomorrow.
From the deck a large 10x 8 summer rug and small rug from the outside entry way.
From the garage a large plastic dog kennel.

From the basement, DS old college folders, I have new ones to offer to coworkers kids.
2 large office chairs and a large fan. Lots of old boxes. A twin size air mattress. One lounge mattress. A made wooden tv entertainment center.

One jeep load to go to goodwill.

One canvas wall marvel characters picture for a coworkers son.

Another week of limited progress. But more than zero, so it's progress.

old product used up - 1
electronics - 1

2010/500 Items

Took Dsister a bag for her grandson, snaps together toy. My coworker said she would take stuffed animals and bed pillow that you lean back on to.
Bag a baby clothes to goodwill. 2 large poster holders to goodwill. 2 small grocery bags of misc thing to goodwill.
And a box of craft items to my SIL for the nieces kids to do.
And a bag of folders and note pads to coworkers kid.

Today I went through my closet. I have a bag for goodwill. A bigger bag for the resale shop. Stuff went to the garbage. I also did my big chest of drawers. The hall closet. And straightened the pantry.
I have a Carhartt jacket coat for my nephew’s son and another camouflage coat too. I have to go into town today so it will probable all get dropped off.
I think I pitched 7 sets of sandals, shoes and one pair of boots. Others shoes went to goodwill.

I really have to do the basement but I decided to start small.
We are tackling one space at a time. We’ve done spare room, bathroom, linen closet, book shelves, dining room , and pantry. Still a LOT left to sort. I posted some stuff on Nextdoor and my son took some for his place. I donated stuff to a shelter and bags of clothes to charity. I have another 4 boxes of stuff ready to move but my son wants a peek first. It’s hard to believe how much stuff we accumulated over the years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter