Defunding The Police

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll deal with these one at a time. Most often CNN has oppositional folks on their shows. This is evident to the audience, and their position is well known. It's not hidden. If they tell a lie they can be called out on it immediately. I don't mind opinions, which can be the same thing as complex analysis. I do think it is best to give different opinions an airing out and allow them to give their best arguments.

A simple Google search shows Anderson Cooper 360 had many times excoriated Trump for birtherism and many other things.
IMO hair splitting. Hiring people getting paid by CNN and taking pay from a campaign at the same speaks for itself. I see no difference in the accuracy of those people and the evident bias from the example you posted.

Yet Cooper is a lead liar in numbers of lies and misrepresentations if not quality and consistency. Nobody calls him out on it. Excoriating Trump after the election or outside Trump's presence just underlines my point about Cooper kissing up to Trump prior to the elections when questions on a sarah palin level would have derailed him.

What is the name of the person investigating in HI?
How much are you paying? When is the report in?
In response to the (to this day) never ending....that's what people tell me.....everyone says. "WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PERSON WHO TOLD YOU". Sarah palin level. Yet all cooper did was stand and nod.

CNN is not the polar opposite of Fox News. They have conservative voices, hosts (Smerconish, Cupp) on the shows all the time. They have a long list of regular contributors who are highly conservative. And when they need an expert to talk about the CIA, terrorism, etc they get highly credentialed people like Malcolm Nance. The only polar opposite of Fox is that the get people with experience in their field and not just someone who wrote a viewpoint for a think tank.

Meanwhile, how many times does Laura Ingraham rant about the "deep state." Fauci is now part of the "medical deep state" according to her.

They’re pretty much polar opposites. Neither is as neutral as Reuters or AP. It’s all about the clicks. If it gets you worked up and clicking, they’re doing their job. The owners of both Fox News and CNN are billionaires. They don’t care as long as they make money.

Are you for real?! CNN only shows you what they want!!!! They said it themselves!!!!!!

Let me know if you need more examples.

Might be time to change the channel and get some real news.
Please read your own sources:

The CNN story in question was posted on the network’s website on Thursday and was removed, with all links disabled, on Friday night. CNN immediately apologised to Anthony Scaramucci, the Trump transition team member who was reported to be involved in the meeting.

In taking down the story, CNN said it did not meet its editorial standards. The episode is a damaging blow for a network that Trump has frequently derided as “fake news” . The story never made it on to any of CNN’s television networks.

Meanwhile, how many times has Fox invoked "The Deep State?"

In terms of the Project Veritas video, every network has to decide what the big stories are, and Impeaching the President is a BIG STORY. Of course they have to decide what they are going to show you. Yes, it is a business that goes for ratings. It is not a charitable organization. This is why they gave the Trump campaign so much coverage, much of it beneficial to him. That was the BIG STORY and there were many voices that were upset that they gave him so much air time at the expense of other candidates.

They’re pretty much polar opposites. Neither is as neutral as Reuters or AP. It’s all about the clicks. If it gets you worked up and clicking, they’re doing their job. The owners of both Fox News and CNN are billionaires. They don’t care as long as they make money.
The AP and Reuters are not on television nor do they offer complex analysis. If a politician outright lies, then they don't call them out on it or analyze it.

There is a media bias chart put out by an independent organization that studies this exact topic, and they don't agree with you.

The episode is a damaging blow for a network that Trump has frequently derided as “fake news” . The story never made it on to any of CNN’s television networks.

Meanwhile, how many times has Fox invoked "The Deep State?"
Well at least Donna B agrees with you. Nothing is as good as getting a person with high integrity on your side. I am sure she can explain how posting stories without sourcing them in advance is cured by actions that take place in the future. In an act of cosmic karma she is now exactly where she belongs, completely on the other side.

The FISA court in finding the fraud submitted to it by the trump hating lovers with one specifically being called out by his boss as omitting facts that would have kept the FISA warrant from issuing kind of says there is a type of deep state.

Other FBI agents are now criminally charged with changing CIA document in regard to Carter Page that launched the Mueller investigation. FBI agents and lawyers committing fraud and forgery to get to investigate something they know is not true. And most of them even know each other.

It does not matter how much you hate trump and love having CNN feed you it does not change these facts. Trump and Russia and Russia and Trump were fake news.

Yes, it is a business that goes for ratings. It is not a charitable organization. This is why they gave the Trump campaign so much coverage, much of it beneficial to him.

I’m not sure if that was a typo, but do you mean beneficial to THEM? (Meaning CNN) Because there’s no way many Democrats changed their vote to Republican because of their reporting... and CNN knew, even back then, Trump was (AND STILL IS) Ratings Gold! They actually better hope he gets back in because if they thought their ratings were bad now, I can’t even imagine what the future would hold for them.

I’m not sure if that was a typo, but do you mean beneficial to THEM? (Meaning CNN) Because there’s no way many Democrats changed their vote to Republican because of their reporting... and CNN knew, even back then, Trump was (AND STILL IS) Ratings Gold! They actually better hope he gets back in because if they thought their ratings were bad now, I can’t even imagine what the future would hold for them.
Lets hope it is the bankruptcy they so well deserve

Huh, I thought all the criminals were going to come and take over the suburbs, though?

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...ting-records-show/7QOMP2UE6BFLRJSWEBX6ST5MIQ/
What made you think that? The suburbs have police. It's the City of Atlanta where officers were calling in sick, not the suburbs. Don't know if they are still doing that or not now.

The article, incidentally, is not really about crime dropping, despite the headline -- it's about enforcement being way down.

Crime has decreased some nationally due to covid, just because it's hard to break into someone's house when everybody is home, and you can't rob closed businesses. But that news story is mostly about police adopting the "low risk behavior" I talked about a few pages previously.

Trump and Russia and Russia and Trump were fake news.

Then why lie about the "adoption" meeting? Why the cover-ups and why the obstruction of justice?

I am sure the FBI and the police lie all the time so they can get warrants. I am glad you are finally realizing that the police lie. But the 10 cases of obstruction outlined in the Mueller Report are still true no matter how the warrants were obtained.

The AP and Reuters are not on television nor do they offer complex analysis. If a politician outright lies, then they don't call them out on it or analyze it.

There is a media bias chart put out by an independent organization that studies this exact topic, and they don't agree with you.

It doesn’t matter if they agree with me or not. My left leaning friends watch CNN. My right leaning friends watch FOX News. That is what happens in my bubble. My poor friends regardless of where they lean keep getting more poor. And my rich friends regardless of where they lean keep getting richer. At the end of the day, this is one big distraction from making money. Over the last thirty years inequality has gotten worse, so why waste time bothering with this nonsense? It won’t make you more money unless you can capitalize on this polarity one way or the other.

What made you think that? The suburbs have police. It's the City of Atlanta where officers were calling in sick, not the suburbs. Don't know if they are still doing that or not now.

The article, incidentally, is not really about crime dropping, despite the headline -- it's about enforcement being way down.

Crime has decreased some nationally due to covid, just because it's hard to break into someone's house when everybody is home, and you can't rob closed businesses. But that news story is mostly about police adopting the "low risk behavior" I talked about a few pages previously.

Eh, I listen to people who think they are going to get robbed immediately. Maybe people are getting robbed and no one is noticing.

Eh, I listen to people who think they are going to get robbed immediately. Maybe people are getting robbed and no one is noticing.
I was just responding based on the article you posted...

CHAZ/CHOP appears to be in the process of collapsing. They apparently only have a couple dozen people left and their big "march" last night drew way less than 100.

Their "official" twitter feed sent out a message basically saying most of their supporters had left because of the shootings and encouraging their followers to "continue the struggle" by "virtual activism."

In other words, let's have some Snapchat moments! LOL.

"CNN debate moderator Abby Phillip asked Bernie Sanders in the Tuesday debate in Des Moines:
“CNN reported yesterday — and Senator Sanders, Senator Warren confirmed in a statement — that, in 2018, you told her you did not believe that a woman could win the election. Why did you say that?”
Not “did you say that,” but “why did you say that?”"

"Phillip asked him to clarify: He never said it? “That is correct,” Sanders said. Phillip turned to Warren and deadpanned: “Senator Warren, what did you think when Senator Sanders told you a woman could not win the election?” "

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...0-cnn-bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-938365/
I remember that exchange and my jaw dropping. It’s not that I was convinced Sanders was telling the truth, but there was no evidence one way or the other. Yet the moderator assumed Warren’s accusation was the truth and completely ignored Sanders’ protestation that he’d never said it. Stunning.

I remember that exchange and my jaw dropping. It’s not that I was convinced Sanders was telling the truth, but there was no evidence one way or the other. Yet the moderator assumed Warren’s accusation was the truth and completely ignored Sanders’ protestation that he’d never said it. Stunning.
It was a bad moment, but nowhere nearly as bad as when Glen Beck said on Feb 9, 2009 about two weeks after the inauguration, that Barack Obama "hates white people." We heard 8 years of racism like that from Fox. Now I see what 'stuns' you.

It doesn’t matter if they agree with me or not. My left leaning friends watch CNN. My right leaning friends watch FOX News. That is what happens in my bubble. My poor friends regardless of where they lean keep getting more poor. And my rich friends regardless of where they lean keep getting richer. At the end of the day, this is one big distraction from making money. Over the last thirty years inequality has gotten worse, so why waste time bothering with this nonsense? It won’t make you more money unless you can capitalize on this polarity one way or the other.
Again, you are talking about a phony equivalency. Fringe conspiracy theories and opinion vs reporting the news and opinion, but CNN adds a lot of conservative voices in their opinions. The list of conservative contributors they use is impressive. Hugh Hewitt? He was a regular contributor on CNN and had his own show on MSNBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter