deer flies

eeyorelover

Mouseketeer
I am getting ready to go back to the Fort next week. I was just there last month but spent time in the er due to allergic reaction to deer flies. I was wondering if anyone knew how they are right now.

We just got back last night from an 8 night stay at FW. We did see our share of the little pests!! I was expecting it to be a lot worse, but they weren't too bad. We learned to stay away around dusk when they were bitting!!

I just came back from WDW a week ago and I have allergic reactions to deer flies and Mosquitoes also. I got bit by a deer fly in the middle of the day at the Back Stage tour at MGM ( while riding the tram. Then, I also got bit the next night at the train station at the MK. I can't tell you how repel them but just be sure to keep an eye out... they are still there and just as yucky!

Well, we just got back yesterday and let me tell you....the yellow flies were terrible. I put everything I knew to put on and we still got bite on our legs, feet and ankles. And I swelled up and itched like noboby's business.

I did see them coming by around 5:30am to spray, but I don' think it's helping.

We just got back yesterday (6/28) and stayed in the 1900 loop. Those flies were awful. You couldn't even sit outside. I put on off spray on top of other spray and they would find a spot you missed and bite. We had a canal behind us and it rained the first few days so I don't know if that is why there were so bad. But they seemed to like my husband best. His legs look like they have acne on them!!

We just got back from our one week stay at Fort Wilderness cabin on Saturday. For some reason, I was the only one in my family the bugs liked to bite (must be because I'm so sweet :) - but boy did those bugs like me! I had about 20 bites on my left leg and 10 on my right. Very itchy!! The bites on my calves are still pretty big. I did get some bug spray and benadryl at the trading post and it helped some.
I thought I had prepared for everything . . but didn't expect that.
Other than that and my step-d falling down the cabin steps and spraining her ankle - we had a great time!! Hey - it was still vacation :bounce:

We just returned last night from eight days at FW. Neither myself, nor my son or daughter got bitten a single time. My husband was bitten once while waiting for the MGM bus. I was amazed that during the summer in Florida we did not have a bug problem!

We just got back from 2 weeks at FW and most of the time they were pretty bad. DH and DD got bitten the most, but all of us were bitten some. They were mostly bad at dusk/night time.

Did you use any insect repellent? If so, what kind - you seem to have been luckier than most posters........we head to FW on Friday and will arrive Sunday. Hoping for minimal insect issues!!

Took a couple of different types, just in case, but just didn't need them. My husband, who was bitten on the one occasion, said it was because he was so much sweeter than the rest of us. :rolleyes:

...if the Raid (I think) Yard spray will work around the campsite???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter