• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your resort room?

We'll be at All Star sports on September 19th and as for decorating the window itself, I was curious on estimation how many electrical outlets are typically in a Standard room at the all star sports? Or would it be practical to bring a power strip with us?

I've read that some people are being asked to remove decorations. Did that apply only to window decor or interior decorations as well? We are going over Christmas break and would like to bring a tree and other decorations for the room. TIA :)

Is it ok to decorate with Halloween lights and pumpkins on your balcony at Kidani or just windows?

I certainly hope decorating windows and doors (carefully) is still ok at POP. I've been gathering my decorations for a while now and can't wait to get there and put everything up. It makes the trip that much more fun!

Is it ok to decorate with Halloween lights and pumpkins on your balcony at Kidani or just windows?

At AKL (both KV and JH), they don't want you to leave anything on the balconies for fear it will fall off and the animals will eat it.

Plus, Kidani Village is a DVC resort. DVC asks that all guests limit their decorations to inside the villa where they cannot be seen outside the villa. So you can put your pumpkins and lights inside the villa (no tape or tacks) on counter tops or table tops, but not on the windows or balconies or doors.

The deluxe villa resorts have restrictions on decorations that you can see from the exterior of the room.

I am not sure if they truly enforce this. When we've gone over Christmas at the BWV, many folks had lights on their balconies (and it looked so festive!). We could also see fairly large holiday trees lit up in the living rooms (I bought a small cheap one at Target and some lights for it our first day that trip, and set it up on the armoire, then just left it in the box when we went home for housekeeping to take if they wanted, heck it was only like $5).

I think over Christmas, they must let it slide. I also saw many folks checking in (obviously driving as their vans were packed full) with full size artificial tree boxes! How fun is that?

I guess we go to WDW during a holiday season.

We have a small 'flag' of Pooh as Easter theme we have done Easter week in our window. We used string and suction cups to the window.

4th of July we hung a red/white/blue swag the same way as above in the window - more patriotic, not too Disney.

We hang on the inside - the room side - not outside with the elements and the CM cleaning staff does not seem to mind our decorations :goodvibes

We're heading to Disney on Nov 9 (my kids first times there, yay!), and I had heard about ppl decorating rooms prior to their kids going up, as a little bonus fun/surprise. I'm not interested so much with window decs, as I am with interior stuff. I have figurines and stuffed characters etc...but I'm having trouble thinking outside the box for this one. I saw that some ppl have done confetti & streamers...I would love to see pictures of rooms all dec'd out. Is there a forum for images??

We can't wait! My kids are 6 & 2...they're going to be blown away by this trip!

Any specific idea on decorating at SSR? Someone asked about it a few years ago and didn't get a definite response. TIA!
SSR is a DVC resort, so DVC requests that guests not have any decorations that can be seen from the outside of the villa. No tape or tacks are permitted.

We stayed at BLT this past December, and we saw plenty of balconies decorated both there and at CR. I thought it was neat. :)

This was at CBR last September, I used my cricut to make the mouse heads and then put them in plastic sleves for reports.

Attachments

• 20140927_144816.jpg
    20140927_144816.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 68
This is what we did at POP.....printed, cut out, laminated then cut out again loads of Minnies and Mickeys. Hung them on fishing line on suction cups, balloon weights on the bottom to keep them straight.
Also did more of the Mickey and Minnie cut-outs on magnets and left them on random neighbours doors!!!
380.jpg

This thread has been so helpful for those of us who truly enjoy decorating and personalizing our rooms at Disney!! Last fall we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and one of our granddaughters favorite memories was helping to decorate our windows AND coming back to our rooms after at a day at the parks and being able to spot our rooms right away due to the halloween lights. In fact, when we traveled to DDD on the launch we would see many rooms lite up at night in festive halloween colors.

We were very careful to use no tape or problematic adhesives and to leave our rooms and the windows as we found them. I had read about using timers on the lights on the DIS and this worked wonderfully! We timed our lights to be on for the time when we came back from the parks and off during any other times - our rooms were facing the garden and folks walking by would comment on how much they really liked our window decorations and halloween lights. In fact, some people heard about our windows and would take a detour to check them out! We had two rooms decorated - our room and our daughter and her family's room. I know some folks disagree and feel that it impacts the "ambiance" of the hotel - each to their own...

The very talented folks from Creative DISigns (special thanks to RustManFan/Marion and bababear/Mel) played a huge part in making our windows look as wonderful as they did - how kind and generous of them to take time from their day to add so much pixie dust to so many DIS enthusiasts WDW vacations!

Last edited:
This thread has been so helpful for those of us who truly enjoy decorating and personalizing our rooms at Disney!! Last fall we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and one of our granddaughters favorite memories was helping to decorate our windows AND coming back to our rooms after at a day at the parks and being able to spot our rooms right away due to the halloween lights. In fact, when we traveled to DDD on the launch we would see many rooms lite up at night in festive halloween colors.

We were very careful to use no tape or problematic adhesives and to leave our rooms and the windows as we found them. I had read about using timers on the lights on the DIS and this worked wonderfully! We timed our lights to be on for the time when we came back from the parks and off during any other times - our rooms were facing the garden and folks walking by would comment on how much they really liked our window decorations and halloween lights. In fact, some people heard about our windows and would take a detour to check them out! We had two rooms decorated - our room and our daughter and her family's room. I know some folks disagree and feel that it impacts the "ambiance" of the hotel - each to their own...

The very talented folks from Creative DISigns (special thanks to RustManFan/Marion and bababear/Mel) played a huge part in making our windows look as wonderful as they did - how kind and generous of them to take time from their day to add so much pixie dust to so many DIS enthusiasts WDW vacations!

Your window look AMAZING!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter