Decorating your resort room?

I didn't exactly decorate our resort room but we stayed off property in a villa and I wanted the Disney magic feeling to continue so I bought Mickey themed everything - shampoo, soap, napkins, paper plates, straws, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. We needed all those things anyway, and why not make them Disney themed? It helped extend the Disney bubble to our room for the kids. I almost bought vinyl decals for our walls but stopped myself!

We'll be decorating our Window at POFQ in september :) I think i'm going to do a halloween theme!!

Is there any rules on decorating windows? I know tape and window markers cant be used, but what about blu tack? THanks!!

We'll be decorating our Window at POFQ in september :) I think i'm going to do a halloween theme!!

Is there any rules on decorating windows? I know tape and window markers cant be used, but what about blu tack? THanks!!
I think as long as it is removable and doesn't leave a mark you're all good! We used to go at Halloween and always decorated our window and room, now we go at Christmas and do the same thing. I use those suction thingies (don't know what they're called) to hang Christmas lights around the window. We even hung a small wreath last year using a hanging magnet. (The doors are all metal.) We've seen a lot of decorations,around and it's fun to see and I think fun to do!

Not really decoration, but our favorite thing to do is get a mini dry erase board and hang it on our door with a suction cup. It usually is a Disney themed one from the dollar store

We write little notes or ask a question of the day. Like what is your favorite thing to do at Disney.

When we get back, we love to see the comments. Never had anyone steal it and you will be surprised how many people stop and write something

Last edited:
IMG_1183.jpg
Now that I'm back in Trip planning mode, I dug this out and am starting to get excited about window decorating again :) Here's my window from last trip when we went for the F&W Half. Loved doing a Christmas theme but I'm SUPER excited to do a Halloween theme this time! Have a similar agenda for the window this year.

Also, question- I used Command hooks for this window. Has anyone had any issues using them recently? I notice most pictures people seem to use suction cups, but I can honestly say I have the WORST luck with those LOL!

I am so doing this for our Nov/Dec trip! However, I need ideas! We will be celebrating my dd's 16th bday, my son's 12th bday, and mine and dh's 20th anniversary. :goodvibes

It will be Christmas themed, but I'm trying to decide if I want to do posters with what we're celebrating or just letters.:scratchin

Thankfully, I have a little bit of time. :laughing:

I loved seeing the decorated windows last year at ASMu. I don't understand the ones who try to come on this thread and ruin it for everyone.:confused3:confused::rolleyes:

I am so doing this for our Nov/Dec trip! However, I need ideas! We will be celebrating my dd's 16th bday, my son's 12th bday, and mine and dh's 20th anniversary. :goodvibes

It will be Christmas themed, but I'm trying to decide if I want to do posters with what we're celebrating or just letters.:scratchin

Thankfully, I have a little bit of time. :laughing:

I loved seeing the decorated windows last year at ASMu. I don't understand the ones who try to come on this thread and ruin it for everyone.:confused3:confused::rolleyes:

I was at Target yesterday and in the little dollar section they have near the front of the store, I found battery operated lights. There are ten lights on a strand and I felt like the bulbs looked a little like balloons. One set was pink and teal-ish, and another red, blue, and yellow. A third set was blue, yellow, and red, but said "Happy BDay!" on the lights. (One letter per bulb.) They are cute and perfect since I am taking my mom to POR for her birthday this summer. There were some other things that could work too, but just not what I wanted. Some banners and things, a silver glitter cardboard one for example. Then I wandered into the party section for something to take to my kids at work and found a plethora of Disney party décor. There was a Happy Birthday banner that looked like Star Wars letters, Mickey Straws like one gets at the park for cheaper (8 for $4.99. Mickey was pack red, Minnie pack was pink, but they were the exact same thing), some banners that letters could be added to, and other items. Maybe not helpful for your Christmas theme, but a good starting point. Also check the stores when Christmas items go on sale, so July/August. :laughing: You may be able to find little window clings, banners, battery operated lights, and other items.

View attachment 165964
Now that I'm back in Trip planning mode, I dug this out and am starting to get excited about window decorating again :) Here's my window from last trip when we went for the F&W Half. Loved doing a Christmas theme but I'm SUPER excited to do a Halloween theme this time! Have a similar agenda for the window this year.

Also, question- I used Command hooks for this window. Has anyone had any issues using them recently? I notice most pictures people seem to use suction cups, but I can honestly say I have the WORST luck with those LOL!

I had the plan of using suction cups, because I thought that was all that would work, but then I read your post yesterday and thought all night about you saying you used command hooks. How well did that work in the past? I may come from a family that feels hot glue and duct tape fix everything, so I need something sturdy that will not leave a mess and give anyone the urge to bust either bad boy out or make a Michael's run. Also, how did you get and keep your lights up? I am using ones with a battery pack, and need something sturdy, so I am thinking command hooks might be the way to go.

View attachment 165964

Dampen your suction cups with a bit of water before applying. Helps a lot!

I had the plan of using suction cups, because I thought that was all that would work, but then I read your post yesterday and thought all night about you saying you used command hooks. How well did that work in the past? I may come from a family that feels hot glue and duct tape fix everything, so I need something sturdy that will not leave a mess and give anyone the urge to bust either bad boy out or make a Michael's run. Also, how did you get and keep your lights up? I am using ones with a battery pack, and need something sturdy, so I am thinking command hooks might be the way to go.
The command hooks worked great. If I remember correctly, I had one in each corner for the lights (mine plugged into the wall in a socket that was somewhere under the window I think) and then I used three command hooks along the top to hang the ribbon banners I made. I had no problem getting them back off the window. Hopefully, Mousekeepers won't have a problem with this plan as I hope to repeat it for this fall.

Thays
The command hooks worked great. If I remember correctly, I had one in each corner for the lights (mine plugged into the wall in a socket that was somewhere under the window I think) and then I used three command hooks along the top to hang the ribbon banners I made. I had no problem getting them back off the window. Hopefully, Mousekeepers won't have a problem with this plan as I hope to repeat it for this fall.

That's a great tip, thanks!

Quick question for those who have done this:if you used Mickey heads, how big/tall were they? I'm watching a few auctions on eBay, and they're anywhere from 1" to 8". I have no idea how big the CBR windows are, so I don't know what size to get. I want to make "streamers" of different colored heads, along with a few "We're Celebrating " signs of what we're celebrating. Thanks!

View attachment 165964

Weird question-do you know how big your Mickey heads are in this picture? This is what I'm envisioning for our window, but don't know how big to make the heads. Thanks!

Weird question-do you know how big your Mickey heads are in this picture? This is what I'm envisioning for our window, but don't know how big to make the heads. Thanks!

They are about 5.5 inches wide by about 4 to 4.5 inches high. I trace a mickey head cookie cutter that I got in WDW years and years ago, as I do not have a fancy punch or any sort of thing like that. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter