December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

Arriving tomorrow and it looks like resorts are pretty much sold out for rest of week. Wondering if this is at all due to Super Bowl being in Miami
the crowd levels don’t look that bad on TP but now wondering if they will actually be much higher...

I think a lot of the resort issue is because of the cheerleading competition. They're not necessarily in the park during competition, but they book out resorts.

Added checking for FPs to my morning routine and still nothing. I check first for SDD and then for any early AM Tier 2s. (Nothing yet).

Arriving tomorrow and it looks like resorts are pretty much sold out for rest of week. Wondering if this is at all due to Super Bowl being in Miami
the crowd levels don’t look that bad on TP but now wondering if they will actually be much higher...

Nah, SB doesn't affect Disney all that much. Plus, Orlando is roughly 4 hrs from Miami. Most people won't stay that far away.

Obviously all pending what BG we get, but our plan is to use our FPs at HS, hopefully get SDD for an earlier time, then after that head over to Epoct during lunch time and check out the booth at the arts festival and eat some food there while checking BG status.
Great plan! It's mine too, but....if we get a late boarding group it means we'll have to come back later and it will mess up my FP's at other parks. But I think I made myself a good enough schedule to account for this possibility.

I'm starting to think they're not going to add any more from 8 to 9

me too ... and it is making me rethink my rope drop plans. Maybe better now to rope drop Slinky Dog as with no FP the line should move pretty quick and then hit up MFSR later in the day. Will allow for better "reveal" of Galaxy's Edge for us too rather than having to sort of rush through it to get to the MFSR line

Yeah, that's my thought. Maybe someone should call them and let them know they forgot some rides. :laughing:

Haha I’ve had the same thought. If I just knew who to call. Also had the thought of was this intentional or did someone really forget to turn them on Friday and went home and never checked them again.
With Disney IT it could be either.

Haha I’ve had the same thought. If I just knew who to call. Also had the thought of was this intentional or did someone really forget to turn them on Friday and went home and never checked them again.
With Disney IT it could be either.

Ghostbusters!

I mean I hear there are some hitchhiking ghosts at MK that can be taken care of

They seem to keep changing it every few days, so we just have to keep checking. So far the last two days of my trip is still 8 a.m. All the other days were changing as I was checking daily.

Yeah, I'm probably going to Rope Drop Slinky Dog Dash, but I was hoping to Rope Drop and get a FastPass :(

Yeah, I'm probably going to Rope Drop Slinky Dog Dash, but I was hoping to Rope Drop and get a FastPass :(
I did get a FP for SDD but....I'm hearing at rope drop the wait times increase rapidly for this ride, so there may still be quite a wait depending on how fast you can get over there and where you are in the line.

I'm going to arrive 90 minutes prior to Rope Drop (so 6:30AM for the 8AM open on 2/8 and 2/9) so hopefully I will be in the front of the pack!

not relative to this thread, but some march hours for HS extended park closing to 8:30 PM instead of 8 PM

Well if they move the open up to 7:00 they will surely give us 8:00 FPs for the rest of the rides. I just hope we don’t have to wait another 3 days to find out what’s going on since I’m heading down there in 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter