December January & February Park Hours Update Watch/Discussion

I finally found 8am FPs for Feb 29th for my family of 6! I just grabbed TSM for 8am since that's something my whole family can ride and we didn't have a FP for that already. Moved up my FP for TOT to 9am. Moved up my MFSR to 10am. BAM!

I finally found 8am FPs for Feb 29th for my family of 6! I just grabbed TSM for 8am since that's something my whole family can ride and we didn't have a FP for that already. Moved up my FP for TOT to 9am. Moved up my MFSR to 10am. BAM!

That was exactly what I did. Moved TSM to 8. Star Tours to 9 and SR to 10 until this evening I found a SDD for 10 and switched out the last one.

I am starting to be in the camp (until proven otherwise) that they are purposely not doing FP distribution for things like SDD (and MFSR 2/19+) for that first hour given the massive rope drop crowds created by the RotR boarding group process. I may be wrong, but it seems like it from what can be seen with FP availability.

I am starting to be in the camp (until proven otherwise) that they are purposely not doing FP distribution for things like SDD (and MFSR 2/19+) for that first hour given the massive rope drop crowds created by the RotR boarding group process. I may be wrong, but it seems like it from what can be seen with FP availability.

I am starting to think the same thing...

I was thinking that too, but I find it weird that Rockin Roller Coaster and TSM got 8am, but yet Ailen and ToT hasn't (at least for dates prior to 2/19)

I thought the same about SDD but it doesn't explain Star Tours. I'd take that as an 8am FP just so I can get done my first 3 and move onto my 4th and so on

I thought the same about SDD but it doesn't explain Star Tours. I'd take that as an 8am FP just so I can get done my first 3 and move onto my 4th and so on

Same. I've been checking every hour or so since Friday and like others, am seeing nothing. (I did move my TSM up to 8AM (yay!) and saw a Frozen for 10AM, which we actually want to see anyways, so I moved my later morning Frozen up. Looking for a throwaway 9AM which is basically...Mermaids? Star Tours? The Muppets 3D show is closed the week we are there.)

It’s very possible that they don’t know yet, and that they are still making decisions about running rope drop. But, it’s not just SDD that has not been added (pre 2/19). They haven’t added AS2, ToT, Star Tours. But, they did add TSMM and RnRC on Friday.

I will say that in previous months where they loaded the new FPs little by little, it seems they had changed multiple park hours and had many FPs to load. But, this is one park, one hour. They *could* have loaded this by now. Unless maybe, having to load pre 2/19 and post 2/19 cause much more effort than the across the board loading. I don’t really know; I’m just sitting here speculating.

It’s very possible that they don’t know yet, and that they are still making decisions about running rope drop. But, it’s not just SDD that has not been added (pre 2/19). They haven’t added AS2, ToT, Star Tours. But, they did add TSMM and RnRC on Friday.

I will say that in previous months where they loaded the new FPs little by little, it seems they had changed multiple park hours and had many FPs to load. But, this is one park, one hour. They *could* have loaded this by now. Unless maybe, having to load pre 2/19 and post 2/19 cause much more effort than the across the board loading. I don’t really know; I’m just sitting here speculating.
I also think they will pop up eventually
Although it is surprising that only TSMM and RnRC have been available since Friday, I don’t see why they would give 8AM FP for these attractions and not others. It probably has to do with the tiers changing and a problem with updating new fast passes in the system that was recently modified.
I am expecting to see them pop up in the next few days ( I could be wrong but it just seems illogical otherwise)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!