December 2021

Hi! Joining in for Christmas! 12/21-12/26 at POR 5th sleeper. We’ve NEVER gone near any busy holidays haha but we own DVC and go like 2-3 times a year so I figured let’s try it and see what happens. I think we’ll do one park, I’m thinking candlelight processional at epcot with a package. I’m nervous about crowds! We will have a rental car, will we be able to drive to epcot from POR on 12/22 or is there awful traffic the entire week? Either way I’m excited:-)

We will be there the week before Christmas for my kiddo's first trip! Our last visit was just after Thanksgiving in 2017... it's time we go back, haha. We haven't ever done the "Holiday cookie stroll" at Epcot, has anyone else? Is it worth it?

It’s my ADR day!! I got 2 dinners at Beaches & Cream (since I’m staying at Beach Club), 1 dinner at Sci-Fi, and 1 lunch at The Plaza. I also booked a dessert party for Enchantment.
That’s awesome!! I heard that many people struggle to get what they want these days. My ADR window will open in a couple of days for my stay at AKL and I am already nervous ;)

That’s awesome!! I heard that many people struggle to get what they want these days. My ADR window will open in a couple of days for my stay at AKL and I am already nervous ;)
I had a few tech glitches, but no issues finding the dates and times I wanted. Of course, I’m a solo diner, so ressies for 1 (or 2, since Disney likes even numbers) might be easier than larger parties. Good luck to you!

small brain fart--am i able to make my dining 60 days prior if i am NOT staying on property?

small brain fart--am i able to make my dining 60 days prior if i am NOT staying on property?
Yes, but not for your entire stay like on-site can.
Off-site has to do one day of their trip at a time.
Forgot about this aspect when I booked off-site for this trip. Doh! Oh well. I have never had a problem getting any ADR I need/want with the Touring Plans reservation finder. :)

We are busy getting ready for our December trip. Arriving the 5th for 12 days!! As crazy as it may seem I'm excited for the crowds as we've felt so isolated during covid. I'm thinking of starting a trip report. I've got so much useful information from reading them throughout the years I thought writing one might be fun.

I just got back from 9 days staying at Pop. On my last day I was already thinking about my December stay at POFQ!

October. . . .YAY! Getting closer to "go" time.

We started at FW, and then changed to WL - as my daughters decided they wanted to stay where they could see a decorated lobby vs the cabins. But, when I needed to make a change and drop a day from our stay (to offset the cost of Merry after hour tickets), I had to change resorts. Thought it was odd, as we were dropping a day not adding a day - but was told I needed to change resorts in order to drop a day.

So, now we are booked at AKL, and couldn't be more excited. AKL was my first thought - but when we first booked they weren't open yet. We have never stayed there during the holidays before, so are really looking forward to seeing AKL decorated for Christmas.

Don't know about ya'll - but I'm kind of nervous about making ADRs. Which is coming up fast. Reading some of the threads about the struggles people had booking Thanksgiving week makes me wonder how challenging Christmas will be. Anyone else?

Anyhow, have stockings ready to go. . .some small Disney stuff wrapped to put in them. Bought 2 out of the 3 needed Magic Bands (bought 2 of the 50th anniversary ones).

12/19th - 12/21st at Lowes Royal Pacific at Universal
12/21st - 12/27th at AKL at Disney

Joining! I booked our December trip back in August and have been holding my breath on whether we will keep it. It's a reschedule trip from last year...We are hoping that our 6 year old can be vaccinated before we go and are cautiously optimistic at this point. Looking forward to the Christmas vibe at Disney, we haven't done this time of year since 2009!

My ADR booking window opened today and even though I got a Space 220 reservation towards the end of my stay, the whole booking experience wasn’t as smooth as it used to be. I tried it on the app and on my computer and it took me 30 minutes to get the first reservation through due to tech glitches. Yes, there was a point where I was a bit frustrated ;) I also got California Grill. I saw several availabilities for Homecoming, MK dessert parties, BoG, Cinderella‘s RT and other harder to get places.

yikes ADR was tough this morning. Doesnt help we have a large group so we had multiple people trying for reservation for 4-6 guests at a time.
Put a touring plans in for Yak and Yeti hoping that they can work magic for us

My ADR booking window opened today and even though I got a Space 220 reservation towards the end of my stay, the whole booking experience wasn’t as smooth as it used to be. I tried it on the app and on my computer and it took me 30 minutes to get the first reservation through due to tech glitches. Yes, there was a point where I was a bit frustrated ;) I also got California Grill. I saw several availabilities for Homecoming, MK dessert parties, BoG, Cinderella‘s RT and other harder to get places.

Sorry it was glitchy. Seems to be a common issue lately. But yay on getting the ADRs you wanted. Space 220 is an amazing "get".

My ADR day is still over 2 weeks away. . . . .

Joining in here, we just yesterday decided to book a super quick trip 12/28-12/30. I’ve been to WDW many times but never during the holidays as I work retail and I’m usually blocked out for vacations from October to January. This year I was offered the chance to take the week between Christmas and NY off and as I’ve always wanted to see the parks and resorts decorated for the holidays we jumped at the chance to go! I’ve been to Disneyland many times during Christmas and on NYE and I know to expect crazy crowds so I’m really just looking to take it easy, not expecting to do many rides mainly soaking up the holiday atmosphere, visiting resorts, and enjoying holiday treats 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter