December 2015!

plumsiren

DIS Veteran
So we were originally looking at Jersey Week of next year, but now it looks like we're switching to December. The big issue for me is avoiding both Pop Warner kids AND holiday room rates as much as humanly possible. With the Holiday period starting 12/18/15 and Pop Warner presumably being Saturday the 5th through Saturday the 12th, that leaves very little time in between!

Anyone else eyeing this time? Do you have a resort in mind? I've had my heart set on CSR for quite a while now (hence the worries about PW) but will hopefully be traveling with a bunch of family, requiring three rooms, so things may change.

:yay::yay::yay:

We are going at that time!!! We went on our first trip last November and a couple of weeks ago our kids asked if we could go back for Christmas next year. We warned them that it will mean a very very small Christmas as far as presents go and if they are okay with that, we would do it so YAY!

Our initial thought was to stay at a mod but my parents want to go with us and want to do Universal as well so we can see Harry Potter World. We had to go down to a value resort in order to make both happen so we are going to check into Universal on 12/12 and out on 12/14 when we will move to Pop Century and check out the 20th! We considered checking out the 19th since it will be a little more expensive those last 2 days but the 19th is DDs birthday so we decided to stay that extra night!

YAY! Finally a December 2015 thread on the Resorts board! I started the one on the Theme Parks board months ago (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3315134), but I've been waiting for one to pop up over here!

We are booked for December 4-11, 2015. ONE YEAR FROM TODAY, WOOO! :woohoo:

I didn't even think about Pop Warner, eek. The idea is to go for my birthday, which is December 3rd. I need to do a Fri-Fri stay. If I had done the week prior, that would be Nov. 27-Dec. 4. And honestly, I'm more worried about the Thanksgiving crowds than I am those Pop Warner kids. :eek:

We too are doing Harry Potter, just one day, and still staying in our Disney resort. Just going to drive over to Universal for a day trip.

We're currently booked in Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. But when the military rates come out for our time period (sometime this summer), I'm going to try to upgrade us to Port Orleans French Quarter. :thumbsup2

So super-duper excited! I hope the next 12 months FLY by! :yay:

We will be at Pop the 4th to the 12th! I can't wait! I figured the price difference made up for a bunch of kids at the sports center and in the parks in the evening. We have done Pop before with bands and cheerleaders there, so I am not worried about them at the resort either.

We booked at the Polynesian for Sunday, the 29th of November, and we will be leaving on the 5th of December. I figured we would be able to enjoy "The Disney Christmas" without worrying about Pop Warner or the holiday rates....

Anyone hoping for free dining? RO discounts? Would not getting a discount affect your plans?

We're booked for a POR royal room next December 8-18, and yes, we're hoping for free dining, or some other nice discount. I don't know how much it would change our plans if a discount comes, though. Our dates are still flexible, so shifting one way or the other would be alright, but I have a princess-obsessed daughter, who will be four and a half at the time. She might be heartbroken if she doesn't get to stay in the "princess rooms." We last went in 2008/09 for New Years, and stayed at the WL. It was beautiful, and is DH's first choice, but I'd like to stay somewhere different. We've discussed a split stay, and may end up doing that, but I am not sure about giving up the savings on a 10-day ticket versus having to buy separate tickets for each leg if free dining requires a ticket purchase and each leg would be considered separate, YKWIM?

Starting to plan now to arrive at DW Dec 13-17 and then catch a cruise starting on the 17th.
Planning on staying at the Boardwalk since it is centrally located.

From what I hear, the dinning plan should be in effect that week, so I will get that when it comes available.

A year to wait is such a longgggggggggggg time, but that is the only time I can go in 2015. 2014 I went in June and it seemed to be less crowded then fall 2014. It really wasn't too bad at that time and the weather was pretty good too.

We are hoping for a discount but it won't necessarily change our plans if one doesn't come out. Since we're staying value, the one that would be the most beneficial would be free dining. Last time we upgraded from QS to the regular plan but I don't know that we would do that this time.

Hey all! I'm in! We're planning to head down for a week beginning December 5th next year. We are kind of giddy as we are brand spanking new DVC owners and this will be our first trip home on points! We own BLT so we're planning a split between BLT and VWL. It's kind of a funny story...this will be a trip for both DH's birthday and our 10 year anniversary. DH has never stayed at Wilderness Lodge before, but I have (back in 1999 on my ill-fated honeymoon with my ex). Haven't been back since because I associate the place with that awful part of my life. But DH says NO WAY! He plans to go all out and totally destroy those bad memories and replace them with good ones...so he says we have to stay there LOL!

We're very excited!

I'm gonna have to figure mine out. LOL
I have these cute little countdown widgets on my phone! I configured one for each benchmark. :thumbsup2 If you use Android, I think you can find it in the Play Store under "Days Left Widget." :goodvibes

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas (through David's, we're not DVC YETTTT...) December 16-21 and then heading out for a three nighter on the Disney Dream, disembarking on Christmas Eve. We won't be coming back for Christmas in the parks because I cannot handle the crowds, especially with an 18 month old child. We'll head to the beach in southern Florida for a few days. :eek:

I actually REALLY wanted to stay at Art of Animation during this time, but it appears that it is completely booked (everything else looks relatively open). Any idea? Is it a dance competition or something? :confused3

Hey all! We are planning to go back to the world dec 12-17 for mine and my daughters birthdays! :cheer2: She will be turning 2 and her first trip... Will be DS and DH 3rd trips. Still debating between AKL and WL.... AKL only bc we prob won't go to AK this trip, I want to spend some time checking out the decorations at different resorts!! Hoping for some discount to come in, and that the crowds aren't too nuts... Also hoping the new maelstrom will be up by then!!!!

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas (through David's, we're not DVC YETTTT...) December 16-21 and then heading out for a three nighter on the Disney Dream, disembarking on Christmas Eve. We won't be coming back for Christmas in the parks because I cannot handle the crowds, especially with an 18 month old child. We'll head to the beach in southern Florida for a few days. :eek:

I actually REALLY wanted to stay at Art of Animation during this time, but it appears that it is completely booked (everything else looks relatively open). Any idea? Is it a dance competition or something? :confused3

We will be there the same time and on the 4 day Dream too! It will be me and DD8. She is already sick of hearing about it but I am excited. I found a room at the AoA. Try again. It says suit but when you look for availability a LM room came up for $199/night. I think I better get that part booked soon. Booked the cruise and with the holidays that down payment wiped out any cushion in my budget. Hope Feb first the AoA rooms are still there

We will be there the same time and on the 4 day Dream too! It will be me and DD8. She is already sick of hearing about it but I am excited. I found a room at the AoA. Try again. It says suit but when you look for availability a LM room came up for $199/night. I think I better get that part booked soon. Booked the cruise and with the holidays that down payment wiped out any cushion in my budget. Hope Feb first the AoA rooms are still there
Yay! We will have to meet up for a beverage at Skyline! I am SO excited. My daughter will be 18 months and it will be her first trip to WDW (out of the womb that is... Officially she's been on the Fantasy, to WDW AND to Disneyland Paris! Geez, I had a busy pregnancy). She loves the Mouse so much already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter