December 2013 CANCELLED ADR Thread - Read 1st Post

I haven't tried the phone system since the mandatory credit card hold for all restaurants have been put in place. I'm guessing the automated system -- when in operation -- will transfer me to a live agent for the cc info?

What I can remember from a couple weeks ago, it has you enter your CC info into the automated system. The only time you speak to an agent is if you have any "special" information to add to your reservation, such as dietary restrictions, or celebrations.

Hey Dara! Is this still available to coordinate? My PM's are getting errors.

Hey, Yes it is still available. I did not get rid of it on you. I was waiting to hear back from you. I fly to Florida tomorrow. I can try and get on tomorrow night at the hotel after I get my son in bed to release it to you unless you are on tonight. I am heading off to bed shortly though we have to leave at 1 am and it is almost 9pm. I need some ZZZ's...lol Let me know if you are on. I will wait about a half hour to see if you see this.

I was able to get a 12/2 reservation for Hollywood & Vine that I've been looking for so I'll be canceling the following 2.

12/5 8:10am 4 people
12/6 8am 5 people

Pm me if you'd like to coordinate.

. Hey, Yes it is still available. I did not get rid of it on you. I was waiting to hear back from you. I fly to Florida tomorrow. I can try and get on tomorrow night at the hotel after I get my son in bed to release it to you unless you are on tonight. I am heading off to bed shortly though we have to leave at 1 am and it is almost 9pm. I need some ZZZ's...lol Let me know if you are on. I will wait about a half hour to see if you see this.
I think I missed you tonight, maybe tomorrow night. I hope you guys have a safe trip!

After my checking for reservations all day every day I finally got one I needed... 50's Prime Time! So I doubt anyone needs these but I thought I would ask just in case.

12/4 Mama Melrose @7:10 for 4 adults
12/5 Biergarten candlelight processional package @5:40 for 4 adults

I'm still desperately searching for BOG and our vacation will be complete!

I will be canceling these today (Tuesday) if there is no interest.

I have yak and yeti 12/2 @ 4:45pm and Coral Reef 12/2 @ 9:15pm to cancel.

Both are for 4 people.

Bill

I think I missed you tonight, maybe tomorrow night. I hope you guys have a safe trip!

Hey sorry I missed you. I was up just laying in bed staring at the clock wishing time would go faster...lol We are at the airport waiting to board. I will try and jump on tonight and get in touch with you. I would say after 7 or 8 at least. I will talk to you soon and don't worry I will not let it go till we set up a time so you can get it.

If anyone is interested there is still three more seats with the reservation that she is not taking for Crystal Palace on December 3rd at 5pm. We will be trying to swap them tonight.

Will be cancelling Biergarten Candlelight Processional Pkg for Monday, Dec 2 @ 2:30 for 3 people. I'll check back here this afternoon to see if anyone is interested.

What's an ADR collector? Is that person not intending to use the ADRs for a particular trip?

People continue to over book even with the CC policy.
Also there is an individual that seems to have an unlimited amount of cancellations. Very unkind.

99% of people are lovely.

People continue to over book even with the CC policy. Also there is an individual that seems to have an unlimited amount of cancellations. Very unkind. 99% of people are lovely.
. I don't understand this complaint. Disney has created a system that causes meals to have to be planned 6 months out or risk not having what you want. That being the case, some people make multiple bookings so that as they finalize their plans they have options. As they make changes and lock in plans, they offer what they don't need to others who are looking.

I think this is wise and prudent. I booked my trip late, but have benefited from those people that have now canceled and offered to coordinate for me.

I think this is a great thing. If I had booked at 6 months, I'd have made some backup ADR's too. Lots can change in 6 months.

. I don't understand this complaint. Disney has created a system that causes meals to have to be planned 6 months out or risk not having what you want. That being the case, some people make multiple bookings so that as they finalize their plans they have options. As they make changes and lock in plans, they offer what they don't need to others who are looking.

I think this is wise and prudent. I booked my trip late, but have benefited from those people that have now canceled and offered to coordinate for me.

I think this is a great thing. If I had booked at 6 months, I'd have made some backup ADR's too. Lots can change in 6 months.

No complaints, just fact.

Wow! I really hope this Isn't the case as previous poster guessed... Are you saying people take the time to coordinate cancellations and grab ressies, only to never use them? Why? They would get the credit card charge of $10/pp wouldn't they? I don't understand how someone can do this! Not only is it frustrating for those of us trying to tweak our ressies to be perfect/ but it would be a total waste of time and money on the part of the troll! Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. You only get charged the fee if you do not cancel the day before. So people can make as many ADRs as they want from 180+10 days out, all the way until the day they arrive, and cancel what they don't want or need as long as they do so the day before and the CC never gets charged. The new CC system deters nothing insofar as uber-planners are concerned. Double and triple booking will continue as it always had. Pehaps not as much, as people might not want to risk forgetting to cancel, and others might misunderstand how the system works and think that they will be charged. But Dis'ers "in-the-know" will continue to hedge their bets by securing multiple ADRs and will continue to cancel them (and post here...hoepfully).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter