December 2, 2004 ~*Wonder*~

tinkerbellmagic

DIS Veteran
..:~* December 2, 2004 WONDER*~:..

Hello out there! :wave2:

Who else will be sailing on the three day Wonder leaving December 2, 2004? ::boat:

Hurricane season will be winding down and all the Christmas decorations will be up!

Tink

Anybody out there? :wave2:
The ship will be decked out in all her holiday glory! Will anyone else be sailing with us? You mean we will have all those Mickey bars to ourselves?
MICKEYCREAM.gif
We would rather share, honestly! ::yes::

Tink

Hi.

My 6 year old daughter and I are going on the Wonder on December 2 also!! I also just booked it this week, booked my airfare and excursions. Now the waiting part is the hard part. I can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations. I heard that even Castaway Cay was all decorated also, I hope they do that when we go.

Hi! I'm so happy to hear you are sailing too! It will be my grandson (DGS) and I. He is 5, going on 6. I, too, am very excited about the Christmas decorations. :)

I agree, the waiting is hard. We made a paper chain countdown. DGS took it home. Now I wish we would have made two of them so I would have one too! Hehe.

We are booked at second seating for dinner, but waitlisted for first seating. I hear it's easier to get switched to your preferred seating time, if you are a small group. :)

I bought some magnetic paper for our doorsign. We haven't done a thing with it yet, but it will be fun to decorate.

Can't wait to see the ship decked out for Christmas! :Pinkbounc

Tink and little Buzz
:crazy: :earsboy:

We are also on the wait list for early seating. Where do you get the magnetic paper from? I wanted to a door sign as well. I did a sign a couple years ago when we sailed on carnival, but the tape didn't stick.

I bought the magnetic paper at the party store, but have seen it other places too, like Office Max (I think). I also snagged some of those Mickey ears paint chips in different colors from the Home Depot paint section. Other people on these boards have put magnets on the back of those too.

That's great you are waitlisted for early seating too. I hope we both luck out. Early will work out better for DGS and I. This will be DGS's first cruise ever and my first time on the Wonder and first time seeing the ship decked out in its holiday splendor. :teeth:

Tinkerbellmagic,
I think we have the ship to ourselves!!!! We get the run of the ship-lol. Do you think they will have Castaway Cay decorated this year?

*Bump*

Anyone else sailing with mylilnikita and tinkerbellmagic?

I am crossing my fingers for "Polar Express" to be playing onboard during our cruise. If we can squeeze that in, I think it will be a great memory.

Tink

My MIL and I will be there!! It is her 1st cruise and my 2nd cruise (first time was in Aug 04 and can't wait to go back). I just hope we have smooth seas and great weather. We can't wait either!! I don't think to many other people are going -- I had to search to find this post. Can't wait on the Christmas Decorations!!

My DD (13) and I will be going as well, first cruise for both of us and early Christmas present!

we will be on the wonder too. this is our first cruise. looking forward to christmas decorations and a whole lot of fun. we have two girls, 8 & 5. Is anyone else from the NY or New England area going?

Oh, so nice to see our ship filling up. :)

Can you believe how close it is before we leave?

The ship will be so beautiful and festive (not to mention clean, since it was spruced up recently).

Tink and little Buzz

Add 8 more to your list. Me, my dh, and 2 dd's. Ages 15 and 17. Our friends will also be joining us. They have 2 teens. Boy, 17 and girl 19. It will be our second dcl cruise. Last one was about 3 years ago on the Magic. Can't wait to get on board in Dec. Do you think the water will be warm enough to swim in?:wave2:

:wave2: My mother is taking my 13 year old daughter and 5 year old son on this cruise, first cruise for the kids. They are so excited! We used the paper chain idea we saw on this site. So great for 5 year old! Thanks to you experienced cruisers!

Who has started packing?!

kaygirlsmama, I've never cruised in December, but we hope to swim. Maybe someone else who knows what the water temperature is like, can answer your question. :)

Well, I have made our magnetic door sign. I think I will make a second one to keep on the inside of the door in case the one on the outside of the door gets stolen (which, sadly, I have heard, happens). I might decorate the sign with lime green curly-cue ribbon, if I get a chance.

I ordered our Brita On the Go water bottles (since I don't like the taste of the water), but still need to buy my over the door shoe hanger. I am trying to pack light though, if that's possible.

DGS and I are very excited about this trip! :teeth:

Can't wait!

tinkerbellmagic and little buzz

Is anyone on this cruise interested in playing the "Tag you're it!" game that one of the Dis'ers created? Here is the message explaining the game:

Originally posted by lilpooter
Hi Everyone!

After reading about the magnetic door signs I came up with an idea for a fun game that would be a good way to interact with many of the DIS'ers that I met on our cruisemeets thread. I went to Home Depot and got the Alien Green mickey head, scanned it and put the phrase "Tag Your It, Pass This On To Your Fellow DIS'ers" on it and printed it on magentic paper (I than cut the paper in the shape of the Mickey Head). Many of the DIS'ers on our cruisemeets board had given each other there room #'s so our game of tag was passed on to various DIS'ers Cabins. One of the DIS'ers thought it would be great to put our screennames on the "Tag" so we would know who all had been tagged. You could imagine my enjoyment to be the last person tagged so I now have the magnet in my scrap book.

It really was a fun thing to do, so thought I would just pass it on for all you future cruisers!

Faith

:earsboy: Well, I think my 6 year old DGS and I would have fun playing this game. I will supply the Mickey head magnet. If anyone on the Dec 2 Wonder cruise would like to play Mickey Cruise Tag, here's what to do:

1. Send me (tinkerbellmagic) a private message (see little gray box below that says "pm") with your DisBoard screen name and your stateroom number. I will not post your stateroom numbers on the board. :jester:

2. On the cruise, when you get tagged, (when you find the Mickey Head on your stateroom door), sign your Dis screen name on one of Mickey's ears, and pass Mickey on to another player. :hyper:

* To be sure you are included in the game, please try to PM your info to me by Thanksgiving Day, as we are leaving for WDW soon after, and I might not be checking my computer after that. If you miss the deadline and manage to catch up with me on the cruise, I will be happy to add you to the game! :)

* I will put a list of players (screen name and stateroom number) on the backside of the head, so you will know which staterooms are particpating. We can try to make sure everyone gets tagged. You will probably get tagged more than once, but only need to sign your name one time, so others will know who has or has not been tagged. pirate:

* The game will end on the last evening of our cruise, say before 9 pm? That way, we will know not to check our doors anymore and we can concentrate on :( packing.

*As our cruising date gets closer, (probably Thanksgiving evening), I will send the players a private message with the names of the DIS'ers who are playing.

Send me a message if you would like to play!

:earsgirl: :earsboy:
tinkerbellmagic and little buzz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter