Dec. 6 - 8th CA

So weird. What gives?
Perhaps a block of rooms had been reserved for a conference and were released today. Not a single room was available for the 7th for weeks and this afternoon rooms in multiple categories were available.

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed hotel prices are higher during that period as well.
Hotel prices have more to with what convention is in town. Remember the convention center is right next door to DL. I’ve found a lot of times hotels are cheaper on the weekends. The cheapest hotel rates I found this Fall were the week of Dec 11 and the weekend before and including Halloween.

There is a world championship Jitzu competition that week. Sorry not sure how to spell that and a cheer competition the weekend before. There’s really nothing going on after the 11th through the holidays. I always check the convention schedule if hotel prices are high. They go hand in hand. It’s a great way to find cheaper hotel prices.

There is a world championship Jitzu competition that week. Sorry not sure how to spell that and a cheer competition the weekend before. There’s really nothing going on after the 11th through the holidays. I always check the convention schedule if hotel prices are high. They go hand in hand. It’s a great way to find cheaper hotel prices.
Where do you go to check the convention schedule?

I noticed on the 7th CA closes at 9 but (so far) 10 the rest of the week.
WOC is only at 8 that night but the day before the regular 9:00 and 10:15.
That may mean nothing but it does appear the park is potentially closing early to accommodate something for the 7th. Or maybe it’s just closing at 9, who knows.

Last edited:
I noticed on the 7th CA closes at 9 but (so far) 10 the rest of the week.
WOC is only at 8 that night but the day before the regular 9:00 and 10:15.
That may mean nothing but it does appear the park is potentially closing early to accommodate something for the 7th. Or maybe it’s just closing at 9, who knows.

I see there is a special ticketed event at DCA on Dec 7th from 9pm-1am. I wonder what it is?

I see there is a special ticketed event at DCA on Dec 7th from 9pm-1am. I wonder what it is?

I asked in the App. The exact response I received: "We do not have this information on what the event is"

I wonder if the Chat CMs get as frustrated as we do. My questions, which I consider basic, go unanswered most of the time. They respond, but don't have an answer.

where do you see that? I have DCA reserved for the 7th. Now wondering if I should change it

I wouldn't change it. 9pm is late enough for DCA. We were there last Saturday when it closed at 6pm, and that was kind of unreasonable. If it was a 6pm closure, I'd tell you to switch.

I asked in the App. The exact response I received: "We do not have this information on what the event is"

I wonder if the Chat CMs get as frustrated as we do. My questions, which I consider basic, go unanswered most of the time. They respond, but don't have an answer.

A local radio station KOST is hosting their holiday party , current sweepstakes are running to win tickets to the event.

In this case they don't 'owe' you an answer with company name, it's a private event (that is the answer). Park buyouts used to happen all the time.

With literally millions of guests around the world who can use the App, I can only imagine the huge number of text chats received.

Last edited:
In this case they don't 'owe' you an answer with company name, it's a private event (that is the answer). Park buyouts used to happen all the time.

With literally millions of guests around the world who can use the App, I can only imagine the huge number of text chats received.

I understand they don't owe me an answer with a company name. If the answer is "It's a private event," as you say, then why not give me that as the answer? I would have been satisfied with that.

If it’s a private event will they be able to enter early at like 5? For Disney hard ticketed events there is that early entry before the official start time, like a couple of hours.

Does this apply to private parties?

I understand they don't owe me an answer with a company name. If the answer is "It's a private event," as you say, then why not give me that as the answer? I would have been satisfied with that.

To be honest chat has been likely outsourced and some recent interactions have been basically pre loaded answers.

Example question I asked recently : "Will the Disneyland Hotel be hosting their Thanksgiving Hotel buffet"

Answer : "Storyteller's and Goofy's kitcchen will have their Thanksgiving buffet"

My response "Yes I understand that , however I am asking about the DISNEYLAND HOTEL Thanksgiving feast ?

Their response : No need to be rude Ma'am * ends chat*
Needless to say I rated that with 1 star..

I was wondering if it was a special Disney after hours event (some kind of mini replacement for a Christmas party) or if a private event. I am glad you tried to find out.

I really like the idea of an 8 PM WOC with little ones who need to get to bed, would only day guests be able to be in the virtual queue at noon that day? Or could party guests?

I would assume the private party would get their own WOC showings later in the night.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter