Debarkation day- WWYD?

We just got off the Wish with a 7 and 3 year old. We slept in and went down for main dining breakfast at the 8:10 seating, then we’re off the ship and had a car service that picked us up at 9:30. Traffic was heavy, but we were at Wilderness Lodge by 11. I’d packed our swimsuits in carry on so we headed straight to the pool, had lunch poolside and played until our room was ready and then the 3 year old napped before dinner. It was perfect! The morning before our plane left we took the boat to MK, took monorail to Ohana for breakfast, monorail to GF to see the egg display, then walked back to the boat to WL to check out, have lunch and catch our car to the airport. It was a great end to the trip!!
Now you’re making me seriously rethink next year’s cruise plans on the treasure. Maybe we should add a night at the Poly and watch fireworks poolside.

We just got off the Wish with a 7 and 3 year old. We slept in and went down for main dining breakfast at the 8:10 seating, then we’re off the ship and had a car service that picked us up at 9:30. Traffic was heavy, but we were at Wilderness Lodge by 11. I’d packed our swimsuits in carry on so we headed straight to the pool, had lunch poolside and played until our room was ready and then the 3 year old napped before dinner. It was perfect! The morning before our plane left we took the boat to MK, took monorail to Ohana for breakfast, monorail to GF to see the egg display, then walked back to the boat to WL to check out, have lunch and catch our car to the airport. It was a great end to the trip!!
This sounds dreamy!! We are first time Disney cruisers doing a 4 night on the Wish in September after some park days but we fly back to NYC Saturday night and so we booked a night at the Poly CL. We figured if we were too wiped to head into a park we could just relax in the lounge and at the pool all day and watch the fireworks from the resort. It's just two of us with no kids though.

It's a four hour drive. No thank you! Can you get a flight from MCO to Miami?
We wanted to avoid connecting flights. We can use our frequent flyer points for the direct flight from Miami to LA but not from MCO to LA. And given that the MCO flight departs quite late and the Miami flight arrives a little bit earlier in LA I thought it could be an option instead of hanging around an airport. Is the drive bad or is there an opportunity to stop and see something even if just for 30min?
Is it a really crazy thing to do?

Now you’re making me seriously rethink next year’s cruise plans on the treasure. Maybe we should add a night at the Poly and watch fireworks poolside.

Yes, go for it!! OP here, and that’s what I ended up booking- I know it seems like a hassle for just 1 night, but it’s honestly made me even more excited for our trip! 😄 Plus I’m sure the 4-night cruise will fly by, so having the Poly to look forward to makes it less sad getting off the ship!

This sounds dreamy!! We are first time Disney cruisers doing a 4 night on the Wish in September after some park days but we fly back to NYC Saturday night and so we booked a night at the Poly CL. We figured if we were too wiped to head into a park we could just relax in the lounge and at the pool all day and watch the fireworks from the resort. It's just two of us with no kids though.

Ooh, this sounds magical!!

If your flight is already at 5pm why not spend the night at Disney and take the 10am flight the next day if the price of the ticket is not much more. Then you dont have to spend the day trying to figure out what to do all day till the 5pm flight. Why spend all those hours at the airport when you can spend them at Disney. Go to DS, play putt putt visit a resort would be more fun then sitting at the airport for hours. Especially since the earliest you can check in for a flight is 4 hr before the flight you will be left waiting in the ticketing area.

yes, yes, yes! Perfect ending! I am jealous!

Yes, go for it!! OP here, and that’s what I ended up booking- I know it seems like a hassle for just 1 night, but it’s honestly made me even more excited for our trip! 😄 Plus I’m sure the 4-night cruise will fly by, so having the Poly to look forward to makes it less sad getting off the ship!
Please do report back on your experience.

We will be staying 2 nights after our cruise because we're retired and we can, and that's in addition to the 5 nights precruise. Keep that vacation going as long as possible.:)
Another really nice surprise is when you enter your bathroom at the resort, it will feel huge.

FYI: I just found out from another discussion here on disboards that the Hyatt Orlando Mears check in is staggered by membership status now:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/my-experience-with-dcl-check-in-at-hyatt-mco.3930868/page-2

A133852C-2813-43EA-9033-A71E333E341A.jpeg

Last year we changed our boarding to the last call 9:45? am as breakfast had a 45 min wait to be seated at 8 am). The bus left around 10:30 am and we were eating lunch at Cabanas at 12:30 pm) and this was a sold out cruise as well.

Last edited:
We just checked in for the cruise. Although the priority has changed you can still go and sit in the ballroom (they have crayons and printed pages for kids) and line up before the 9:45 am call (recommend 9 am). You (or one person from the group) can stand in the line for silver guests (our status). We went in at around 9 am. Silver could stand in line but the process didn’t start until 9:45 am. Check in takes a while (5+ mins for each party) to verify identity and get the boarding stickers. Recommend using restrooms right after. No room keys are given here. It’s 10:10 am and the bus has yet to call Minnie boarding groups. Mickey has just finished loading. Donald is next. Concierge guests boarded with Mickey but the line was not clear.

Positive note: breakfast was a walk in situation at 8 am at Mccoys (no wait vs 45 mins last year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter