Debarkation day- WWYD?

It turns out that when it comes to my love of Disney, no price is too high! 😂 (Well, within reason of course!) I just looked at the website again, and it turns out I read it wrong originally and GF is the monorail resort that was wildly expensive on the 5th, whereas Poly is only about $100 more than a Contemporary garden wing room, so not even being in the main atrium. I'm thinking if we're going to add a resort day post-cruise, why not go back to our island paradise?! It's one of the pricier resort options, BUT we'll be near my beloved 'Ohana, the pool and grounds are way more fun and exciting than Contemporary's, and it would be such a high note to end the the trip on. I'll sleep on it though and decide tomorrow... if I do go with this plan, I'd bow out of the waitlist for a Castaway Cay cabana and use that $ toward Polynesian.

For you more experienced cruisers, does this sound like a fun debarkation day plan?

We have done the Poly after the cruise. And splurged for Epcot for the day. Not sure I would do the Epcot splurge again, but the Poly has plenty to keep me happy. Plus you can do the monorail loop and shop and it will keep you out of the heat. Love the quiet pool. If you can get the Ohana dinner- go for it. I love the poly and don't need much of an excuse to go there-lol

It turns out that when it comes to my love of Disney, no price is too high! 😂 (Well, within reason of course!) I just looked at the website again, and it turns out I read it wrong originally and GF is the monorail resort that was wildly expensive on the 5th, whereas Poly is only about $100 more than a Contemporary garden wing room, so not even being in the main atrium. I'm thinking if we're going to add a resort day post-cruise, why not go back to our island paradise?! It's one of the pricier resort options, BUT we'll be near my beloved 'Ohana, the pool and grounds are way more fun and exciting than Contemporary's, and it would be such a high note to end the the trip on. I'll sleep on it though and decide tomorrow... if I do go with this plan, I'd bow out of the waitlist for a Castaway Cay cabana and use that $ toward Polynesian.

For you more experienced cruisers, does this sound like a fun debarkation day plan?

I guess my only question is, what time is the flight the next day? If the flights are at the same time, aren't you just kicking the naptime dilemma down the road an extra day?

I guess my only question is, what time is the flight the next day? If the flights are at the same time, aren't you just kicking the naptime dilemma down the road an extra day?

Oh we would take the 10 AM flight the next day, so that would fix the naptime issue! This was the flight I would have booked for debarkation day if it wasn’t cutting it so close. Weirdly, there weren’t any nonstop flights I could find between 10 and 4:50! But I’m definitely not mad at getting an extra day in the Disney bubble! 😍

Oh we would take the 10 AM flight the next day, so that would fix the naptime issue! This was the flight I would have booked for debarkation day if it wasn’t cutting it so close. Weirdly, there weren’t any nonstop flights I could find between 10 and 4:50! But I’m definitely not mad at getting an extra day in the Disney bubble! 😍

Just keep in mind that's 2 early mornings in a row. It didn't work out well for us, maybe your kids will handle it better. If it was just adults, I'd say stay the extra night at a resort, but add in the kids and I'm doing the airport hyatt next time.

We just got off the Wish with a 7 and 3 year old. We slept in and went down for main dining breakfast at the 8:10 seating, then we’re off the ship and had a car service that picked us up at 9:30. Traffic was heavy, but we were at Wilderness Lodge by 11. I’d packed our swimsuits in carry on so we headed straight to the pool, had lunch poolside and played until our room was ready and then the 3 year old napped before dinner. It was perfect! The morning before our plane left we took the boat to MK, took monorail to Ohana for breakfast, monorail to GF to see the egg display, then walked back to the boat to WL to check out, have lunch and catch our car to the airport. It was a great end to the trip!!

Of course I think it’s a great plan (no surprise)l. Including dropping the cabana. You can go to a beach and enjoy your time with just loungers and umbrellas? Join us in the masses who do this (although I am at Serenity Bay).

A little feeling of Hawaii, Dole Whip at the Pineapple Lanai. Aloha!

We just got off the Wish with a 7 and 3 year old. We slept in and went down for main dining breakfast at the 8:10 seating, then we’re off the ship and had a car service that picked us up at 9:30. Traffic was heavy, but we were at Wilderness Lodge by 11. I’d packed our swimsuits in carry on so we headed straight to the pool, had lunch poolside and played until our room was ready and then the 3 year old napped before dinner. It was perfect! The morning before our plane left we took the boat to MK, took monorail to Ohana for breakfast, monorail to GF to see the egg display, then walked back to the boat to WL to check out, have lunch and catch our car to the airport. It was a great end to the trip!!

Ooh, this sounds AMAZING! Pretty much exactly how I envision our debarkation day at the Poly: pool time, toddler nap in the afternoon, then dinner at 'Ohana!!! Plus electrical water pageant and then I'm sure my husband will be fine with staying in the room with the kids while I go down to the beach to watch the fireworks! 😍 I feel like this resort day will be something really fun to look forward to after getting off the ship too, since I hear a lot of people say 4-night cruises can feel too short.

We won't be able to hit MK or do anything before our morning flight, but I still think Poly is worth two early morning wake-ups! We also have TSA Pre and are flying out on a Saturday, so I think we're fine getting to the airport 1.5-2 hours early.

Can I ask which car service you used and what the cost was? Now I just need to figure out whether to book the DCL bus to the Poly or a car service--I was originally thinking of just getting an Uber or Lyft but have heard those can be a hassle with surge fares and not always enough availability.

TIA!

Of course I think it’s a great plan (no surprise)l. Including dropping the cabana. You can go to a beach and enjoy your time with just loungers and umbrellas? Join us in the masses who do this (although I am at Serenity Bay).

A little feeling of Hawaii, Dole Whip at the Pineapple Lanai. Aloha!

YES, my thoughts exactly! I just booked it and am soo excited!! 🥳 Thanks for the decision-making help!

Ooh, this sounds AMAZING! Pretty much exactly how I envision our debarkation day at the Poly: pool time, toddler nap in the afternoon, then dinner at 'Ohana!!! Plus electrical water pageant and then I'm sure my husband will be fine with staying in the room with the kids while I go down to the beach to watch the fireworks! 😍 I feel like this resort day will be something really fun to look forward to after getting off the ship too, since I hear a lot of people say 4-night cruises can feel too short.

We won't be able to hit MK or do anything before our morning flight, but I still think Poly is worth two early morning wake-ups! We also have TSA Pre and are flying out on a Saturday, so I think we're fine getting to the airport 1.5-2 hours early.

Can I ask which car service you used and what the cost was? Now I just need to figure out whether to book the DCL bus to the Poly or a car service--I was originally thinking of just getting an Uber or Lyft but have heard those can be a hassle with surge fares and not always enough availability.

TIA!
We used Orlando Magical Rides and they were AMAZING - 5 point for the 3 year old and booster for the 7 year old were included. Fare for 4 people from port to WL was $230 plus a tip. It would have been $180 to take the DCL bus. Fare WL to MCO was $125 plus a tip.

We are coming over from Australia, LA is the major connecting airport to the east coast from the West coast it would be nice to have couple more flights in the afternoon to connect to the late flights back to Oz.
It would be nice to spend a couple of days in California to break up that loonnnng flight home.

It would be nice to spend a couple of days in California to break up that loonnnng flight home.
We will on the way there but unfortunately on the way home we will have to do a massive flight to the West coast of Australia with four little kids in tow, I'm shaking at the thought, luckily they are well travelled!,😅

a day room at the Hyatt MCO is very nice. You can sit on the balcony and watch the TSA lines, visit some of the shops at MCO and use the pool.

See this is what I wanted, but I got a dumpster fire floating down a river of nuclear waste. But it's proof that everyones kids are different. Although we also had a morning flight the next day.

Sorry to hiject the post but would anyone consider driving to Miami airport instead?
The flight would get us to LA before the MCO one

We go directly to the airport, have a relaxed lunch and have a 5 pm+ flight back home (get back on time to grab dinner). This year our flight has been preponed on debarkation to around 3 pm which works better for us.

You’re so exhausted getting off the ship and even with Dramamine the sea legs take a while to get back to normal. The rooms are usually not ready until 4 pm+ so no benefit of napping for young kids. Unpacking and packing is a hassle. So for 1 night I wouldn’t recommend; but for 2 nights definitely go ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter