DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

pffftt... I can walk around outside any day in winter without a coat.

Maybe not for very long... but I can do it.

My winter walks look like this:

tenor.gif

There's a guy over there who is supposed to be our technical expert. I am just battering him with questions and I'm getting nothing back, he either plays dumb, says work it out on site, or just plain ignores me. Then seems to think he's the only guy in history thats ever designed a rack to go into a store. I can't work something out on site if I am legally prevented to go into the country, numb nuts.

There's one in every company. I bet he's great at Monday Morning Quarterbacking your decisions.

If this is the same guy, then I think its time to launch him from a trebuchet.

Bonus: you get to build a trebuchet.

Inauguration yesterday.
Good news: It was 56 degrees on that date in January five years ago and yesterday, it was 37 degrees. Already, Biden stopped global warming. :sad2::lmao:
Bad news: Keystone Pipeline deal was cancelled killing 8000 union jobs and angering Canada's prime minister. Biden declared war on Canada. :sad2::lmao:

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I suspect a lot of people are going to have to be dragged kicking and screaming if/when they go back to the office to work at some point.

I would hope that this time could be used in both private and public sector to implement positive changes. On the government side, the one I know best, is that state office buildings, schools, have been closed and/or people working from home. All of those cost taxpayer money. Then, there is the massive amount of redundancy in management staff who don't work and just send emails/ have meetings. It would be an easy way to lower taxes.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Been a bit but glad to see the Grand Puba / CBO is back to keep the place in order. Quickly reviewed the place and seems all are doing o.k. Been a crazy week as I accepted a new position / promotion at work so transferring some of my current teams to new leadership and taking on some new functions. Sorry I missed the Saturday night chat but that was DS last day at home so we hung out. Good luck with the new jobs, finding the new job, getting used to kid off at college for the first time, surviving Canadian winters and in general staying safe! Cheers guys!

Congratulations on the promotion and emptying the nest again.

Congratulations, Mike! If you're hiring, Norm still needs a job.

I'm not qualified for any work that Mike does. Like Cousin Eddie said, I'll continue to hold out for a management position.

Morning guys from the wheels down side of the week. Just finalising my plan to invade Denmark. They are driving me nuts over here. There's a guy over there who is supposed to be our technical expert. I am just battering him with questions and I'm getting nothing back, he either plays dumb, says work it out on site, or just plain ignores me. Then seems to think he's the only guy in history thats ever designed a rack to go into a store. I can't work something out on site if I am legally prevented to go into the country, numb nuts.

I may be qualified for that guy's job - know nothing and refuse to return calls. :rolleyes1

At least West Ham won.

Things happen for a reason buddy. I'm sure something that ticks all your boxes will come through. You know you've always got your Budgie Smuggler Modelling contract to fall back on.

Oh, I think my modeling days were over before they began. There's not even a fetish group on the internet for what I have to offer. :scared1:

It is what it is. I have the conditional hospital offer, and am waiting for them to finish background checks and a $ amount/ official offer. I just don't know if I want to continue in this field. But, if I start into a new field, I'm going to have to work extra hours and I don't know if I want to do that.

Either way, I need to make it to summer and we can try the weekend travel/ camping plans.

Well, the dis decided to NOT notify me about new posts here since I was also looking at other threads. Think it has 2 or 3 thread limit on notifications which stinks. Anyway...I have a few pages to catch up.

That happens to me every now and then on the Boards. Progress.

Especially now. I fought for this country and I'm past dusgusted at what we've become.

I didn't qualify for military service with my surgically repaired arms. The Wolverine option wasn't available. But, I still tried. We are so divided, and those promoting "unity" continue cancelling others. It's worse for me on another level as we have a President who claims to be Catholic and promotes abortion. That has caused even more division in the Church.

Morning, gents.

ust finalising my plan to invade Denmark. They are driving me nuts over here. There's a guy over there who is supposed to be our technical expert. I am just battering him with questions and I'm getting nothing back, he either plays dumb, says work it out on site, or just plain ignores me. Then seems to think he's the only guy in history thats ever designed a rack to go into a store. I can't work something out on site if I am legally prevented to go into the country, numb nuts.
Perhaps some tea and crumpets are in order?
Drink the tea.
Stuff the crumpet down his throat and block off his airway.
On the downhill slide to the weekend,
What is this weekend you people keep speaking of? Today is day 2 of 5. Next week it will be different.
Mr. Stud Muffin. :laughing:
Oh, so you knew the job was dangerous when you took it? :thumbsup2
Oh, no. I was far too young and stupid back then. Now I'm jus stupid.
Well, the dis decided to NOT notify me about new posts here since I was also looking at other threads. Think it has 2 or 3 thread limit on notifications which stinks.
How do you get notifications? email?
Mine too. Except there are usually 5K in between.

Good news: It was 56 degrees on that date in January five years ago and yesterday, it was 37 degrees. Already, Biden stopped global warming. :sad2::lmao:
:lmao:
Bad news: Keystone Pipeline deal was cancelled killing 8000 union jobs and angering Canada's prime minister. Biden declared war on Canada. :sad2::lmao:
It may have gotten... noticed... up here. :rolleyeys1
There's not even a fetish group on the internet for what I have to offer. :scared1:
I bet there is.

I imagine your inside track is better than mine was. According to my niece, there wasn't a lot of new stuff this year. Guessing due to covid.
A lot of bandwidth got taken up with Super Mario, on all fronts. Then we were just hanging on for dear life keeping the website in stock.And opening the shops. And closing them again. And opening them again.......and closing them again......

There's one in every company. I bet he's great at Monday Morning Quarterbacking your decisions.
Well, he did it once. Let's just leave it at that. :smooth:
Still trying to come up with a scenario where they are not, my friend. Maybe some kind of Tea and Crumpet haters convention. Yeah, that's all I got.
it was 37 degrees. Already, Biden stopped global warming.
Well done him, can Greta go back to school now?
At least West Ham won.
...and are 5 points off the top of the league. Moyes is a very good manager. We still need a striker though.
And not Ted Striker.

I actually know that, but given work lately and limited time, I'm going with the more simple (and less time consuming) bell notice.
Not more time consuming if you open it right to the unwatched page. Then you see at a glance what you haven't read. You can pick and chose and what you don't will still be unread next time you log on.

Evening all dads! It has been a real hot minute since I have been on here....It has been a life with everything going on in life and work, just like all of you. Well the wife and I finally made our decision on moving...again after wanting to stay in one place! 2017 we moved to Houston TX so I could get on with United Airlines and you know...fly everywhere on the cheap pay that catering pays...but I digress. After moving from there to Maintenance and actually making good money, here comes COVID and everything. Choices were transfer, or go on furlough...kid was on the way, i chose transfer. how hard could it be to commute right? Well first option was MCO! Got airport badged, then boss said nope, not going there. So close to being back in my home area of Orlando....next option was Denver....in the winter...i'm a warm blooded FL boy born and raised...I don't do cold weather! Well I did a full 7 shifts, and got the call that I was being offered a position in.....TAMPA at TPA! I will take it, as it is warm, and a heck of a lot closer to home. So after this long long story....with my wife not too happy about the move...(her parents are in Houston, her dad works at IAH), we are picking up to move to Lakeland FL, as commuting was adding about $1,100 to our budget, and not really working for us.

Wow what a story, anyway sorry dragging on, but very happy to be home! I am awaiting the day I can step back in a park, thanks to friends who still work at Disney and are so gracious to get my cheap butt in the park. So happy to be back on here again.

Anyway, happy sleep to you all, as I am just starting my second half of work...come on 08:00 AM!

Evening all dads! It has been a real hot minute since I have been on here....It has been a life with everything going on in life and work, just like all of you. Well the wife and I finally made our decision on moving...again after wanting to stay in one place! 2017 we moved to Houston TX so I could get on with United Airlines and you know...fly everywhere on the cheap pay that catering pays...but I digress. After moving from there to Maintenance and actually making good money, here comes COVID and everything. Choices were transfer, or go on furlough...kid was on the way, i chose transfer. how hard could it be to commute right? Well first option was MCO! Got airport badged, then boss said nope, not going there. So close to being back in my home area of Orlando....next option was Denver....in the winter...i'm a warm blooded FL boy born and raised...I don't do cold weather! Well I did a full 7 shifts, and got the call that I was being offered a position in.....TAMPA at TPA! I will take it, as it is warm, and a heck of a lot closer to home. So after this long long story....with my wife not too happy about the move...(her parents are in Houston, her dad works at IAH), we are picking up to move to Lakeland FL, as commuting was adding about $1,100 to our budget, and not really working for us.
:faint: I'm tired just reading that. Wait... I'm just tired in general.
But... sounds like you're back at least in the State that you want to be. So congrats on that.

Morning, Gents! Hope all are well. It's now the end of the week and I can say that I'm enjoying this working from home, gig. I didn't think I'd adapt to it so well, but I did. The only problem I have with this is that I tend to snack a bit more than when I'm at the office, but it's something I can work on. With the wife teaching half the day, I wind up being alone in the house, so I can really focus in and get a lot done...although yesterday she was a bit more chatty than usual when home. Well, that's all I've got, so have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Well, the dis decided to NOT notify me about new posts here since I was also looking at other threads. Think it has 2 or 3 thread limit on notifications which stinks. Anyway...I have a few pages to catch up.

I've lost the ability to tag people posts as well as insert a picture via a link, so it's not just you, my friend. Something got screwy when they did something....like when the tweaked the thingamajig it upset the doolahicky.

Especially now. I fought fir this country and I'm past disgusted at what we've become.

I'm with ya, my friend. I can tell you one thing, I have a right to free speech, and if anyone tries to silence me God help them, because I'll unleash on them. The President of Mexico has said that what's happening on social media is like the Spanish Inquisition. In about
30 years, I'll wind up being that 80 year old man in jail because I told the President to go f*&% himself.

:dancer:

I'm sure someone screwed something up when they though they were in the playground.

I've tried several. I'd recommend awallet. Best I've found. One great thing about it...if I get new phone, I can transfer db to new phone and good to go. Most of the others won't or can't do that unless you buy the premium version.

I'll have to look into awallet. I like the one I have now, but I'm always up for something newer and better.

tenor.gif

That's about what mine are like. Thankfully my dog is great off leash. When it's extremely brrr cold outside with snow on the ground, I can just open the back door and let him out. He'll come back when he's done.

:dancer: Woohoo!

Inauguration yesterday.
Morning, Gents! Hope all are well. It's now the end of the week and I can say that I'm enjoying this working from home, gig. I didn't think I'd adapt to it so well, but I did. The only problem I have with this is that I tend to snack a bit more than when I'm at the office, but it's something I can work on. With the wife teaching half the day, I wind up being alone in the house, so I can really focus in and get a lot done...although yesterday she was a bit more chatty than usual when home. Well, that's all I've got, so have a good day and we'll chat later.

TTFN

I've lost the ability to tag people posts as well as insert a picture via a link, so it's not just you, my friend. Something got screwy when they did something....like when the tweaked the thingamajig it upset the doolahicky.

Especially now. I fought fir this country and I'm past disgusted at what we've become.

I'm with ya, my friend. I can tell you one thing, I have a right to free speech, and if anyone tries to silence me God help them, because I'll unleash on them. The President of Mexico has said that what's happening on social media is like the Spanish Inquisition. In about
30 years, I'll wind up being that 80 year old man in jail because I told the President to go f*&% himself.

I'm sure someone screwed something up when they though they were in the playground.

I've tried several. I'd recommend awallet. Best I've found. One great thing about it...if I get new phone, I can transfer db to new phone and good to go. Most of the others won't or can't do that unless you buy the premium version.

I'll have to look into awallet. I like the one I have now, but I'm always up for something newer and better.

tenor.gif

That's about what mine are like. Thankfully my dog is great off leash. When it's extremely brrr cold outside with snow on the ground, I can just open the back door and let him out. He'll come back when he's done.

TTFN

tenor.gif

Inauguration yesterday.

:lmao: He's so amazing, isn't he? (wipes sarcasm off shoes)

And we'll find out how well that works out a few years. He's already upsetting a lot of people.

Then, there is the massive amount of redundancy in management staff who don't work and just send emails/ have meetings.

The government thrives on redundancy....it's one of the things they do best.

It would be an easy way to lower taxes.

I won't wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Oh, I think my modeling days were over before they began. There's not even a fetish group on the internet for what I have to offer. :scared1:

It is what it is. I have the conditional hospital offer, and am waiting for them to finish background checks and a $ amount/ official offer. I just don't know if I want to continue in this field. But, if I start into a new field, I'm going to have to work extra hours and I don't know if I want to do that.

I'm sure there's a fetish out there somewhere for you, AirGoofy. I won't go looking for it for you....I'll leave that up to you. :laughing:

I didn't qualify for military service with my surgically repaired arms. The Wolverine option wasn't available. But, I still tried. We are so divided, and those promoting "unity" continue cancelling others. It's worse for me on another level as we have a President who claims to be Catholic and promotes abortion. That has caused even more division in the Church.

"Unity," Yeah. For 4 years all we got from the left was hate and name calling, and now they want "Unity." Mhmmm "Unity" on their terms. Sorry, I'll get of my soap box now. I like everyone here and don't want to get the cold shoulder because of my politics. I don't what your politics are, I can respect everyone....even though the other side is always wrong. KIDDING! Kidding! Having fun.

Morning, gents.

Drink the tea.
Stuff the crumpet down his throat and block off his airway.

There's an option. Make it look natural.

What is this weekend you people keep speaking of? Today is day 2 of 5. Next week it will be different.

Well, it's when you get two days off in a row, usually a Saturday and Sunday. Although, now a days, two days off in a row, even during the week, can be viewed as a weekend. So....there you go. :teeth:

:laughing:

Oh, no. I was far too young and stupid back then. Now I'm jus stupid.

So...like most of us then. If I was smart when I was younger I would have made the military a career for the pension. I do miss going out to sea, actually.

It may have gotten... noticed... up here. :rolleyeys1

Curious to know, how are the Canadians taking it?

Well done him, can Greta go back to school now?

I wanna know when Greta became such an expert on the climate? I mean...isn't she like, what, 16? 17? Man, must be nice knowing everything at that age.

Wow what a story, anyway sorry dragging on, but very happy to be home! I am awaiting the day I can step back in a park, thanks to friends who still work at Disney and are so gracious to get my cheap butt in the park. So happy to be back on here again.

Anyway, happy sleep to you all, as I am just starting my second half of work...come on 08:00 AM!

Welcome, back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter