DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Checking in, as Rob would say the "overlords" are here from Switzerland for budget meetings over the next few days. DW got back in town this afternoon and of course I have a business dinner I need to attend. DW had a nice visit with DD for her birthday which I had to miss due to budget time of year but was able to have a couple of days with DS who was home over the weekend. Can;t complain though, as somebody has to pay for all our Disney trips. Have a good week guys, oh and somebody please tell the Bears Trubisky is not close to eve being an NFL QB.

Hello everyone! I am new to this place and this thread in specific. Once I saw a thread dedicated to other dads who enjoy disney as much as their kids (if not more sometimes) I felt compelled to look in. I am excited to get to know you all. I am 29 years old, I have two children 9 and 4. I have always dreamed of being an imagineer and am trying to move closer to that goal day by day. Thank you for setting up a place like this and nice to meet you all.

Hello everyone! I am new to this place and this thread in specific. Once I saw a thread dedicated to other dads who enjoy disney as much as their kids (if not more sometimes) I felt compelled to look in. I am excited to get to know you all. I am 29 years old, I have two children 9 and 4. I have always dreamed of being an imagineer and am trying to move closer to that goal day by day. Thank you for setting up a place like this and nice to meet you all.
Welcome to the club!

:welcome:

Our chief bacon officer will be along to give you your official number and membership initiation requirements. :lmao:

Last edited:
Welcome to the club, any trips to Da World planed in the near future?

I love the halloween party, but the christmas is definitely my favorite. Have you tried the after hours? If so do you tihn kthe villain one is worth attending? I'm debating taking the wife for a date night.
I did DAH at MK it was worth ever penny I paid for it. I have not done VAH but it sounds like a lot of fun.

Evening all.

Got back back from Sherbrooke, Quebec a bit later than expected. We lost in the bronze medal match yesterday and as a result never left the gym until about 8 pm. Given the fact that we were in the gym for just about 12 hours and the drive home takes almost 8 hours we opted to stop along the way and drive home today.

I did get back in time to run to the office, grab the files I need to meetings in Winnipeg this week. Flying out tomorrow around lunch.

Now it's time to watch the Cowboys and Giants.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 840+ to me, and I mail to all the guys. It's a foolproof plan.

Never been to thr MVMCP, but have been to many MNSSHP. I'm hoping to retire to Florida, maybe a nearby beach, and make it to WDW as often as possible.
Evening all.

Got back back from Sherbrooke, Quebec a bit later than expected. We lost in the bronze medal match yesterday and as a result never left the gym until about 8 pm. Given the fact that we were in the gym for just about 12 hours and the drive home takes almost 8 hours we opted to stop along the way and drive home today.

I did get back in time to run to the office, grab the files I need to meetings in Winnipeg this week. Flying out tomorrow around lunch.

Now it's time to watch the Cowboys and Giants.

Congrats on the bronze metal. Now, get back to work.

Hello everyone! I am new to this place and this thread in specific.
:welcome: Both to the DISdads thread and to the DIS in general!
What time are you getting in tomorrow? I might be able to give you a lift. Rest of my week is full of work, but...

Wow looks like I missed over a weeks worth of posts. Thank the heavens rec cheer is over, unfortunately DD team lost in our local “Super Bowl” at least now I can rest for a week before competitive cheer starts.

Hello everyone! I am new to this place and this thread in specific.

Welcome to the club!!!
:welcome:

Well I realized it has been a minute since I've been here. There were 20 pages of post since the last time I read one. Made it about 4 post and just skipped to the end. I'm sure I didn't miss anything important.
That's cold Cliff. I take back all those good things I said about you.
That shouldn't take long. I don't recall you ever saying anything nice. We will just call it even.

So my oldest informed me I was taking her and her boyfriend to Disney for her 21st birthday, so she can drink around the world and do the monorail crawl . At least she gave me a heads up, so I'm now planning a May 2021 trip.

Scheduled for 7 pm.
PM me the details... not sure if I still have your phone no.? I'll see what I can do. :)
So my oldest informed me I was taking her and her boyfriend to Disney for her 21st birthday, so she can drink around the world and do the monorail crawl . At least she gave me a heads up, so I'm now planning a May 2021 trip.
Wait... at your expense?

Evening fellas. Of course it’s probably Tuesday for most of you. Checked into Aulani today and survived the food run to Target (staying on our DVC points in a 1-bedroom, so we’re taking full advantage of the full size fridge). Also when we got to HNL car rental dude did the free upgrade to a Mercedes GL 250 with 54 miles on it.

The wife and boy fell asleep early, so the Jameson is flowing and I’m going to watch some John Wayne on the iPad. Sorry to report the high was around 89° F today and the low will be a chilly 72° F. Thankfully I brought the tuque in the carry on! 😂

Wait... at your expense?
I’m being curious and wondering what everyone thinks in general about travel with older children. When is the cut off when you say “you’re old enough, this trip is at your expense”? The next trip I take (whenever that is) oldest DD will be 20+. All our previous trips I paid for everything. Just trying to figure out how that should change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter