DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

That just sounds so much fun on a Friday night.
So... we now know what your plans are for tonight...
We had 0. But, apparently, there was a conspiracy to keep the lights turned off so that some people didn't have to open the door to get cold.
Well, that works!
It's been just about a year since I started trying to actually do something about it and here's the result thus far
Nice job! You can definitely see the difference. :)

Have a great weekend gents! Nobody called it yet? Where's the English guy when you need him?

Really? That's cold for your neck of the woods. Surprisingly it's supposed to be a somewhat pleasant 10C/50F here tonight. I say pleasant in relation to the 3-4 C we had here over the last couple days.

Yes, and if I am not mistaken, that was the year the Montreal Expos were at the top of the National League and the Toronto Blue Jays were at the top of the American League. There may well have been a Montreal-Toronto World Series that year. I always figured our friends to the south could not handle that, so they went on strike instead. :p
Got into the 20's overnight and this morning and same is planned for overnight tonight.

Sorry about your Expos, I remember that and it did suck.
See, I've been doing this backwards.
I actually am sick but foolishly I've been going in to work all week anyway.
Clearly trying to infect those new overlords of yours
Clearly, my priorities need a bit of intense reevaluation.

Care to describe the general nature of that there 3pm miracle cure?

Well, that's two of us with extensions on our D.O.E.s
May we both be granted farther reprieves.
(Better to linger on The Row, the actually Dance the Jig)

We're also looking at storms, but if we end up with surplus sweets, I'll be shipping them up to you for "disposal".

I've lost over fifty pounds in the last thirteen-ish months, and there ain't no way I can allow that much sugar to remain in the house. :rolleyes:
Congrats! That's a solid accomplishment right there
We made it to Thursday. I'm taking tomorrow off. It's freezing cold right now, so I'm taking tomorrow off in. I'll be hair spraying and farting in the back yard to increase the global warming for some heat.
:rotfl2: Easy there, we just want it a bit warmer, nothing nuclear
Cold enough to snow here as well. I doubt we will get many trick or treaters tonight. Safe travels to DW.
Thanks - her and my money made it their safely
Happy Friday All!

Warm, windy and rainy up here in the north but suppose to clear and cool as the day goes on. Great weather.

Off to Sherbrooke Quebec tomorrow for a volleyball tournament. Should get back early Monday morning, just in time to fly to Winnipeg on Tuesday. Lots of travel this time of the year which also happens to be our busiest time of the year.

Have a good one all.
Safe travels - lousy time of year for travel with the weather

Mornin' Dads! Cold start to the morning, though not as cold as budamacdvcr, it'll get that cold...just not yet. Had to head into work this morning, mandatory overtime on Saturdays through November, so a good cup of hot tea was in order when I woke up. Well, have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

Happy weekend gents
What’s up with the temperature being warmer in the north than most of you? It’s 8C/46F right now in the far east of Canada. Not shorts and T-shirt weather, but it could be worse.

Not answering the door all might did give me a chance to do a bit of reflection. About a year ago it became clearly apparent that I was just too dang fat and ugly. Now ugly, can't be fixed, but the other part of that equation did offer possibilities. It's been just about a year since I started trying to actually do something about it and here's the result thus far (and I apologize up front for posting such grossly disturbing image)..
Well done! You look good, relatively speaking. I think we’ve all been hit with the ugly stick around here. We all can’t be dashing British secret agents like some people. 😄

Evening All,

just sitting in the hotel in Sherbrooke Quebec waiting for the rest of the team to show up so we can go for some food. Not a bad drive up but they are still dealing with the effects of yesterday's wind and rain. Almost 1 million customers without power yesterday and there are still some areas without power.

Long day tomorrow before heading back home. Have a good one all.

Happy Saturday. Watched some early morning Premier League, played tennis, and had a relaxing day.

It's been just about a year since I started trying to actually do something about it and here's the result thus far (and I apologize up front for posting such grossly disturbing image)...

Congratulations. You been doing anything specific? I've been on Keto diet and have lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I know it will slow down, but I'm happy with the start. Still a long way to go.

So... we now know what your plans are for tonight...

And the fun we had. :lmao:

Have a great weekend gents! Nobody called it yet? Where's the English guy when you need him?

Off on secret lego mission.

Had a good day at work. Time to go to work tomorrow. Enjoying the Ravens beating the Patriots, specifically Lamar Jackson running the ball. Watched him play at UofL, and he is truly something special running the ball. Giving interviews - not so much.

I'm sorry for you. Really I am. :sad:

Cry on the inside and don't rub it in. It hurts a bit more everyday.

'Morning all...
Fall has officially arrived in the Carolinas. It's been a few months since I actually had to scrap a windshield. Of course it'll be back in the 70's tomorrow so I'll not be complaining too much just yet.

And the Dolphins won?
What fools allowed that to happen?
Oh wait... that explains it.

Congratulations. You been doing anything specific? I've been on Keto diet and have lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I know it will slow down, but I'm happy with the start. Still a long way to go.
30 is a lot to lose in 60 days. It took me a year to drop the 50ish I've lost and I'll be the rest of my life battling to keep it off.

I'm following what I dubbed The Pirate's Diet (so named not for historical culinary reasons, but because rather then having specific rules, they're more like guidelines). Generally, the basics are no bread, no sugar, nothing before 10am and nothing after 8pm. The thing I've discovered is that we've been lied to for the past 40 years... it ain't fats that are the problem (especially not the natural ones), it's the carbs. All carbs should be treated the same way you treat cake; something that you have only rarely and then as a treat.

Had a good day at work. Time to go to work tomorrow. Enjoying the Ravens beating the Patriots, specifically Lamar Jackson running the ball. Watched him play at UofL, and he is truly something special running the ball. Giving interviews - not so much.

Cry on the inside and don't rub it in. It hurts a bit more everyday.
Anyone beating the patriots = good day!

Norm, sorry if you feel that way. @pkondz knows me and we've talked about maybe being able to ride together one day so he knows it was in no way trying to rub it in.

'Morning all...
Fall has officially arrived in the Carolinas. It's been a few months since I actually had to scrap a windshield. Of course it'll be back in the 70's tomorrow so I'll not be complaining too much just yet.

And the Dolphins won?
What fools allowed that to happen?
Oh wait... that explains it.

30 is a lot to lose in 60 days. It took me a year to drop the 50ish I've lost and I'll be the rest of my life battling to keep it off.

I'm following what I dubbed The Pirate's Diet (so named not for historical culinary reasons, but because rather then having specific rules, they're more like guidelines). Generally, the basics are no bread, no sugar, nothing before 10am and nothing after 8pm. The thing I've discovered is that we've been lied to for the past 40 years... it ain't fats that are the problem (especially not the natural ones), it's the carbs. All carbs should be treated the same way you treat cake; something that you have only rarely and then as a treat.
That's kinda how fall was in GA too...could be 30s one day and 70s the next or snow one day and gorgeous the next. Of course, that happens here too (or did last year)...days where it was in the 40s and the 80s the next.

I think I may have mentioned it here before, but you are 100% correct about the fats vs. carbs argument. On netflix, "The magic pill" does way better than I can on explaining it, but the study in the 50s saying fat was bad was a bogus/falsified study. Around that is when "heart healthy" actually equated to lower fats and higher (much) carbs. That's exactly the timeframe when we started having so many problems with obesity, heart disease, diabetes. Not a coincidence.

Oh, and forgive me...I hadn't congratulated you yet...Good job!

Niice.
Wish I could go again, but... suspect my next ride will be in April (if I'm lucky) or May (more likely)
Go again? Go for a ride again or go (come) here? We might be able to find a place to rent a bike if the latter.

Update: Looks like there are several places near the airport to rent a bike.

Last edited:
Ugh. Who keeps letting Mondays happen? I thought we were skipping Monday and starting the work week on Thursday.

It sounds a lot like the Keto diet. I don't eat excess fat or take any supplements, just stay under 30 carbs a day, which ain't a lot. There are carbs in fruits and vegetables, so I limit those. I eat a meat and cheese, and usually a cole slaw or salad. I switched to water beer (Miller Lite) which has 3.? carbs. For the first time in my life, I'm not hungry for food all the time. I think the end/ maintenance limit is 100 carbs a day, but I won't get there for quite awhile.

Anyone beating the patriots = good day!

Norm, sorry if you feel that way. @pkondz knows me and we've talked about maybe being able to ride together one day so he knows it was in no way trying to rub it in.

I know you're not rubbing it in. I used to tell CJ the same thing, but I enjoyed all those scuba and warm weather pictures just the same. I must admit, I'm a but jealous at times though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter