DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning chaps from a glorious London. Got in about 830 last night, so not too bad.
I now have about 3 weeks off from travel, so that’s cool.
Buying our park tickets today, so the bank account will take a bit of a kicking., ready for FP day on Monday.
BBQ later, debating on a fast and dirty burgers and snags or a rotisserie chicken thighs kellybab.

I drove through it once. The entire state looks like a Windows 95 background screen.

7AweHpTwknlr2vdQu32wJVp8uMhqVL31enwBN5_mwRe2-y17ilRfd6I9G38GDQJlQvOUG27xmKXe85AmLDfKsMLvk_n82TpHPmiFn5fGj7R82dSOIvJjsrOWpxH60BZDrMqeBE7QSWD5dmqtdlrhGas0JH358YSdeNqpbpk0xYtR7Wwetvj9dqIQDhtjeQ42kPJ1Y2oQO_qQeU7wK3-HhUxfm2qWrxZsBaCNHBLMhekR2yjHIulXFyuVzO8WxoxqP2WPykiSrYlnWl8Lpp8UwdcH0Jaq9Kvk4NW1NukQaRv7YJ7vY7qyZEdjJk72F-Pnt8LfAOX4ZCChuIQpN3RLbPaHETiAEZ8NtpjTU_BKauz8ZUf1VBVQvqnU8Bz9tOk8_lbWQZagSlvQ8VRmrwhWBpVcCiCgJGZFc5eUlYIihW43V1yGzEr6MfFUNprlY_xJTaSINIhrtEpFOtkLu18py1LSyc-aT52HfC30w3T2VOnnBUcEWyV_XezmRoGvPxZhO2PT8gmeSvZmjrWBLG1p62urhFzuxplv_mQ2lho0B7oRwEQbfxGEyp1wK-pvYpDBmTlT9hzo_GsjSIzpUueqC_3cNWy4rigKUy48bWD9Zpep_x8vl7wSteKF_g6JCTXIRhklV-6_oyAg7U4uaB_6VCUE1901-3w=w1211-h807-no
Fair enough. That looks pretty drab.
Excuse me for being technical...

Episode IV a new hope would be the shot that has to go in the port and not impact the surface.

Return of the Jedi was the second death star that had the shield generator on the moon protecting it.
This was totally what I had in mind, well done for spotting that doc :rolleyes1:rolleyes1 :rotfl:

HS: Slinky, Star Tours, ?
I think we are gonna swerve HS while we are out there.

We are surprised about how little we do on the ADR front now. We are there about a week and we have the fireworks dessert and Garden grill breakfast booked. We did have Cali Grill for the 2 of us and we were going to send the kids to Pixar Play, which was the replacement for Lilos playhouse at the Poly, but they have closed it. So unless you want to get in room sitting, which is not great for the kids, the date night at Disney door has pretty much been slammed shut.

We are surprised about how little we do on the ADR front now. We are there about a week and we have the fireworks dessert and Garden grill breakfast booked.
same here, only ADR we have is brunch at cali grill. We prefer the restaurants in the springs for table service meals and just do quick service in the parks.

same here, only ADR we have is brunch at cali grill. We prefer the restaurants in the springs for table service meals and just do quick service in the parks.
Brunch at CG is still on our list to do.
Us too, I think once we've done garden grill, we are done with the parks dining, as there isn't one park restaurant that we absolutely must do every trip or even that we really like, they've all been a bit meh. We tend to eat at Trader Sam's terrace, Kona or Gasparillas at the GF for at least 3 nights out of the 7, Disney springs a couple of nights and then once the dessert party is in, that leaves one night, where we try and visit a resort we haven't been to before. We are not big lunch people so we often split a couple of sandwiches between us. It's why the DP would be horrendous value for us.

Just bought the tickets. Ouch.
If your from the UK, you can pretty much only get date tickets. They price the 14 days at the same as 7 and you can only get the tickets fully loaded, with park hopper, photopass, etc...
The Gold AP is another 150 quid and I would have gone for that, as in any other normal year we would be back out within the 12 months and then even the Platinum AP is a no brainer, but I think the next trip to Orlando will be Easter 21, as Lady K has another destination on her mind in the Disney Universe, now the kids are older.

Morning gents from a rainy Fargo ND.

Right. That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing in the Tambu Lounge after a backscratcher marathon gets to take Princess Leia home. And let me tell ya boys, we aiming for the small exhaust port, right below the main port. Make sure you don’t just impact on the surface.

Have a great weekend chaps.
:laughing: Nice one!
I'm off to go fishing boat shopping, enjoy the weekend cheers :drinking1 :drinking1:drinking1
Whoa! Pics!!
Will the Wurst Bier Hall be involved?
It was. One bacon flight, one poutine, one bratwurst with onions.
Did you not see my post about the frontier military days? If that’s not top shelf high quality entertainment, right there, I don’t know what is. Plus Garrison has a municipal airport! What more could you possibly ask for?
That it be closer to me.
I drove through it once. The entire state looks like a Windows 95 background screen.

7AweHpTwknlr2vdQu32wJVp8uMhqVL31enwBN5_mwRe2-y17ilRfd6I9G38GDQJlQvOUG27xmKXe85AmLDfKsMLvk_n82TpHPmiFn5fGj7R82dSOIvJjsrOWpxH60BZDrMqeBE7QSWD5dmqtdlrhGas0JH358YSdeNqpbpk0xYtR7Wwetvj9dqIQDhtjeQ42kPJ1Y2oQO_qQeU7wK3-HhUxfm2qWrxZsBaCNHBLMhekR2yjHIulXFyuVzO8WxoxqP2WPykiSrYlnWl8Lpp8UwdcH0Jaq9Kvk4NW1NukQaRv7YJ7vY7qyZEdjJk72F-Pnt8LfAOX4ZCChuIQpN3RLbPaHETiAEZ8NtpjTU_BKauz8ZUf1VBVQvqnU8Bz9tOk8_lbWQZagSlvQ8VRmrwhWBpVcCiCgJGZFc5eUlYIihW43V1yGzEr6MfFUNprlY_xJTaSINIhrtEpFOtkLu18py1LSyc-aT52HfC30w3T2VOnnBUcEWyV_XezmRoGvPxZhO2PT8gmeSvZmjrWBLG1p62urhFzuxplv_mQ2lho0B7oRwEQbfxGEyp1wK-pvYpDBmTlT9hzo_GsjSIzpUueqC_3cNWy4rigKUy48bWD9Zpep_x8vl7wSteKF_g6JCTXIRhklV-6_oyAg7U4uaB_6VCUE1901-3w=w1211-h807-no
But duller.
I go to Florida to vacation. No one travels to vacation in Kentucky - just to drive thru it. I'm still searching travelocity for an all-inclusive to Castle Anthrax.
Yeah, I hate that the drinks aren’t included. Cool souvenir mug, though.

Episode IV a new hope would be the shot that has to go in the port and not impact the surface.

Return of the Jedi was the second death star that had the shield generator on the moon protecting it.
You’re both wrong. Episode is unimportant. Golden bikini is.
B6556713-22E4-4C2E-8E10-A06A6E351CED.jpeg

Pickleball in AM and World Cup in PM.

I was referring to her being younger in a bikini.

This what my fast passes look like
Hs-rockin roller coaster,tower of terror and TS midway mania.could not get slinky dog.

AK-Fop,EE and the safari (dinosaur is pretty easy to get as a 4th)

Epcot-soarin,spaceship earth and mission space and doing test track our second day.

MK-all the mountains

The Frozen Maelstrom is now my favorite at Epcot. Soaring was ruined with the refurb as the buildings bend so bad in some of the seats. Drinking around the world is fun too.

I think we are gonna swerve HS while we are out there.

We are surprised about how little we do on the ADR front now. We are there about a week and we have the fireworks dessert and Garden grill breakfast booked. We did have Cali Grill for the 2 of us and we were going to send the kids to Pixar Play, which was the replacement for Lilos playhouse at the Poly, but they have closed it. So unless you want to get in room sitting, which is not great for the kids, the date night at Disney door has pretty much been slammed shut.

There was another kids one at Boardwalk or Beachclub? I can't remember, although, it isn't convenient from the monorail resorts.

You’re both wrong. Episode is unimportant. Golden bikini is.
View attachment 410821

That's what I was about. The Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi.

There was another kids one at Boardwalk or Beachclub? I can't remember, although, it isn't convenient from the monorail resorts.
Yeah, it’s at the boardwalk, but that’s a bit far for us to be comfortable as we on the MK side. We were happy with them at the Poly and us at the GF or the contemporary, or any mix of those, boardwalk is just a bit too far for comfort. Maybe if we do V and A in a couple of years again, they will be a bit older.

Norway vs Australia world cup. Another VAR moment. Australia player was in the Norway box, jumped in the air on corner, and had two hand push in the back. No PK. No VAR review.

It's like the NFL - they have the technology, replay, but refuse to use it in obvious situations which impact the game.

The Frozen Maelstrom is now my favorite at Epcot. Soaring was ruined with the refurb as the buildings bend so bad in some of the seats. Drinking around the world is fun too.
I Tried for frozen but was over ruled by swmbo and DD. Haven’t seen the new soarin so I guess that will be interesting. if I drink around the world first,I wonder if the bendy buildings on soarin will appear normal?

Good Day All,

Things are starting to return to normal. Graduation has come and gone, parents had a nice visit and the house is back to normal. Going to stop in on a couple of grad parties this afternoon and then on to play soccer.

Big travel day tomorrow as I head off to Yellowknife in the North West Territories for a couple of days of meetings. Need to fly all the way to Vancouver and then back to Yellowknife. This trip will allow my to check another part of the country off my list. I'll check off all the provinces and 2 of the 3 territories.

Norway vs Australia world cup. Another VAR moment. Australia player was in the Norway box, jumped in the air on corner, and had two hand push in the back. No PK. No VAR review.

It's like the NFL - they have the technology, replay, but refuse to use it in obvious situations which impact the game.

Overall I think VAR is a good idea but the procedures need to get better.

Big travel day tomorrow as I head off to Yellowknife in the North West Territories for a couple of days of meetings. Need to fly all the way to Vancouver and then back to Yellowknife. This trip will allow my to check another part of the country off my list. I'll check off all the provinces and 2 of the 3 territories.

Good job on visiting all of Canada! 🇨🇦 If I remember correctly, Terry was raised in Yellowknife. 🏴‍☠️

I Tried for frozen but was over ruled by swmbo and DD. Haven’t seen the new soarin so I guess that will be interesting. if I drink around the world first,I wonder if the bendy buildings on soarin will appear normal?

If you're in the middle section, then the bend isn't as bad. If you are on the far outside of the two sides, it's really bad. I would like to think Disney fixed it, but the Yeti is still out at Expedition Everest. I did get to ride EE and see the yeti actually working though.

As for drinking around the world, it's a.good plan. But, I usually sweat out the alcohol by the time I walk to the next country.

I didn't even know they had a World Cup of Pickleball.

There's a United States Association, and it's the fastest growing sport here.

Good Day All,

Things are starting to return to normal. Graduation has come and gone, parents had a nice visit and the house is back to normal. Going to stop in on a couple of grad parties this afternoon and then on to play soccer.

Have fun at soccer. As far as VAR, it should be used all the time, and just for the obviously missed calls. There is no need to delay the game for 5 tv views in super slow motion. Missed call = call ref on field and immediate change. They will never go that way though.

Back home from a real nice trip. It’s as hot here as it was in FL so got that going for us :headache: Looking forward to getting back to work this week and catching up, yea right. Seems like all is well around here - cheers
Good Day All,

Safe travels - seems like a lot of travel for a couple of days of meetings. From the guy that went to Germany for 2 days of meetings........

Odd weekend for me. I heard about 2 untimely deaths. First was a neighbor from my youth who was several years younger. I remember when his parents adopted him as a toddler and watched him grow up. Hadn't seen him in 25 years but he passed away unexpectedly at 47. The second was a gentleman from another forum I visit occasionally. He hadn't posted in a couple of weeks and I just found out he passed away in a hiking accident at 50 or 51. His secretary has been trying to reach out and finally managed to get access to his account to let us know.

A reminder that I need to update my notebook where I keep my passwords and logins and see what else I need to check on just in case.

Good Day All,

Your travel day sounds better than mine. A 45 mile trip north to visit the dentist in the AM followed by a return and then a 225 mile trip west in the late afternoon for a meeting on Tuesday. I cross the time line so I gain an hour but lose it on the return tomorrow. If I was in charge it would be forbidden to attend a meeting that takes longer to get to than it does to have the meeting. This 2019 we should be able to use technology for 95% of these things. As my dad reminds me though, I will be getting paid for driving and listening to the radio. As a bonus I even get more hotel rewards to add to the pot. whoopee.

Pretty cool! I need to get up to Yellowknife. I have a cousin there who keeps asking me to visit.
. I did get to ride EE and see the yeti actually working though.
So you're the one! Pretty cool though. How dramatic was it?
There's a United States Association, and it's the fastest growing sport here.
Huh!
I'll just stick to eating pickles. You can have the balls.
Odd weekend for me. I heard about 2 untimely deaths. First was a neighbor from my youth who was several years younger. I remember when his parents adopted him as a toddler and watched him grow up. Hadn't seen him in 25 years but he passed away unexpectedly at 47. The second was a gentleman from another forum I visit occasionally. He hadn't posted in a couple of weeks and I just found out he passed away in a hiking accident at 50 or 51. His secretary has been trying to reach out and finally managed to get access to his account to let us know.
Whoa. Sorry to hear that. A bit jarring I'm sure. My condolences.

Have any of you used rover.com for pet sitting? My MIL used to take care of our pets and house when we left town but she passed away a few weeks ago so we need to figure out a way to get them cared for.
I haven't, but... don't think I knew about your MIL? (I may have an may have forgotten... shift work plus old = stupid)
My condolences to you and your family

Top O the Mornin Dads! Back to real life stuff and planning for future trips I guess. Have a good week.
Have any of you used rover.com for pet sitting? My MIL used to take care of our pets and house when we left town but she passed away a few weeks ago so we need to figure out a way to get them cared for.
Sorry to hear about both scenarios. Thoughts and Pixie dust to all affected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter